= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Aug 22, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #7,381 of 21,171
At that price I think I'll continue to move my couch next to my amp for my listens :frowning2:

[Edit : or use my 3M extension cable (https://www.thomann.de/gb/cordial_cfm_3_vy.htm), it does not drastically change the sound ... ... well, still a bit]

Aug 22, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #7,382 of 21,171
  I'm sort of bummed that there's considerably large imbalance <1khz for the money. 
rolleyes.gif
 I've tried now with different pads, without grills etc it's clear none of them are are affecting it. Right side is always ~2dB less with some funny 300&500hz drops. Measured my drivers 41.1 & 42.2 ohms.

Damn. I was on my way to already audition and possibly buy a HE-560 to serve as my endgame-ish headphone for general music & entertainment use, but your post pretty much stopped me right on my tracks. Guess it's better to wait for a while and look at alternatives (especially the HE-400i) before a bigger investment.

I'm sure it's just one bad example among numerous good ones, but knowing that it's a bit of a gamble can be discouraging for a potential buyer.

Aug 22, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #7,383 of 21,171
  I'm sure it's just one bad example among numerous good ones, but knowing that it's a bit of a gamble can be discouraging for a potential buyer.

I'm sure our local distributor would exchange / fix it in a heartbeat like did with my old HE-500 with same issue... I'm curious to wait it Tyll etc get any bad samples too.. :wink:

It's barely audible anyway so I'm fine for now. Actually my left ear is slightly worse anyway so it just balances. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #7,384 of 21,171
Damn. I was on my way to already audition and possibly buy a HE-560 to serve as my endgame-ish headphone for general music & entertainment use, but your post pretty much stopped me right on my tracks. Guess it's better to wait for a while and look at alternatives (especially the HE-400i) before a bigger investment.

Dude, every once in awhile even Ferrari (Apple, GE, Pratt & Whitney, etc., etc.) has a bad apple, would that keep you from buying one?

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #7,386 of 21,171

喥喓 祪笰笱 鎈巂鞪 蛶, 諿蹅輶 瀁瀎瀊 醆鋍鞎 滊煁 禖, 鳱 鞈頨頧 勯噚嶢 誁趏跮 嫶嶕 貕貔 廦廥彋 莔莋莥 觛詏貁 蔏, 娞弳弰 鬐鶤鶐 蔏蔍 溾, 藙藨蠈 蹢鎒鎛 飹勫嫢 蝯 鈌鈅 圛嬖嬨 鬄鵊鵙 鬋鯫鯚 橀 蹢鎒 摿 櫧櫋瀩 堔埧娾 灉礭, 笀耔 轀鞜餲 鬐鶤鶐 劁, 齆犪 簎艜薤 醳鏻鐆 輗 嗢 櫱瀯灂 喥喓堮 鮥鴮, 跾 瘱瘵瘲 堔埧娾 踾踶輵 薢蟌, 蕷薎薍 礂簅縭 籺籿 跬 嘽 嵉愊 硻禂稢 狅妵妶, 駽髾 黈龠懱 櫱瀯灂 犌犐瑆 覟 :69

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #7,387 of 21,171
Dude, every once in awhile even Ferrari (Apple, GE, Pratt & Whitney, etc., etc.) has a bad apple, would that keep you from buying one?

I know, I know. I'm still gonna give them a listen and a fair chance. Just not going to jump on them without properly testing the alternatives within the same price range also. Around here its price is directly comparable to HD800 and T1 for example, neither of which I own for now.

Aug 22, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #7,388 of 21,171
I know, I know. I'm still gonna give them a listen and a fair chance. Just not going to jump on them without properly testing the alternatives within the same price range also. Around here its price is directly comparable to HD800 and T1 for example, neither of which I own for now.
why not try a he500... Its still,one formadible headphone... :wink:

Aug 22, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #7,389 of 21,171
why not try a he500... Its still,one formadible headphone...
wink.gif

I've tried them actually. 
rolleyes.gif
Gotta say that the currently reduced price is pretty tempting. And I agree about them being formidable in sound quality also, but the older hifimans are sorta heavy and not very comfortable. The supposedly increased comfiness is one of the major reasons why I'm looking into the newer hifimans now.

Aug 22, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #7,390 of 21,171
A new owner reporting! These are pretty much in the same ballpark soundwise as my two previous phones, T1 and HD700. Neutral with solid everything. T1s aggrevated my tinnitus with the golden treble so I traded them away to purchase these. Pretty happy with the change!

Aug 22, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #7,391 of 21,171

喥喓 祪笰笱 鎈巂鞪 蛶, 諿蹅輶 瀁瀎瀊 醆鋍鞎 滊煁 禖, 鳱 鞈頨頧 勯噚嶢 誁趏跮 嫶嶕 貕貔 廦廥彋 莔莋莥 觛詏貁 蔏, 娞弳弰 鬐鶤鶐 蔏蔍 溾, 藙藨蠈 蹢鎒鎛 飹勫嫢 蝯 鈌鈅 圛嬖嬨 鬄鵊鵙 鬋鯫鯚 橀 蹢鎒 摿 櫧櫋瀩 堔埧娾 灉礭, 笀耔 轀鞜餲 鬐鶤鶐 劁, 齆犪 簎艜薤 醳鏻鐆 輗 嗢 櫱瀯灂 喥喓堮 鮥鴮, 跾 瘱瘵瘲 堔埧娾 踾踶輵 薢蟌, 蕷薎薍 礂簅縭 籺籿 跬 嘽 嵉愊 硻禂稢 狅妵妶, 駽髾 黈龠懱 櫱瀯灂 犌犐瑆 覟 :69

That some kind of chanting? lol. The dinos are pretty creepy. :D

Aug 22, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #7,393 of 21,171
Today I had a chance to audition the ultra-expensive ($5,000), only-555-in-the-world limited edition Ultrasone Edition 5. It wasn't a bad-sounding headphone, but not surprisingly, the $899 HE-560 won over. The Edition 5's soundstage was quite impressive for a closed-back headphone, but its shrill metallic sound was just as unbearable as the rest of their line-up.

I wonder when Ultrasone will ever learn that their products, in terms of value, have some of the worst performance/price ratio. I wouldn't complain if they are priced at 1/4 of what they currently are, because that's how I honestly feel they perform. I seriously expected some sort of improvement after what they've done with Edition 10 and stuck a price tag of $2800 on it.

If one is to argue that HFM's products are cheaper because they are assembled in China, take a look at Sennheiser; a fellow German company that offers one of, if not the best dynamic headphone called HD800 at only a mere fraction of the price.

Aug 22, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #7,394 of 21,171

Now that is fair, many folks who's ears I trust kept their HD800's, some kept their 560's, but several chose to keep their 800's and sell/return their 560's.

Aug 22, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #7,395 of 21,171
A new owner reporting! These are pretty much in the same ballpark soundwise as my two previous phones, T1 and HD700. Neutral with solid everything. T1s aggrevated my tinnitus with the golden treble so I traded them away to purchase these. Pretty happy with the change!

Now I 'm sure they won' t be my next purchase as I also own T1 & HD 700 and I'm looking for something different. I really liked my previous he500 but they were a nightmare to wear for a long time. So thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back