= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Aug 22, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #7,396 of 21,175
Now I 'm sure they won' t be my next purchase as I also own T1 & HD 700 and I'm looking for something different. I really liked my previous he500 but they were a nightmare to wear for a long time. So thank you

I would be quite surprised if the 560 sounded like the HD700, which by all accounts has a fairly odd signature at least where the treble is concerned. Anyway, if you get the chance to audition the 560 you really should. I am not sure how accurate acoustic memory is so I would like to know from somebody with both the HD700 and 560 if the sound is really that similar. I am going to take my 560 to my local audio shop where they have a floor model HD700/800 to try.

Aug 22, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #7,397 of 21,175
Now that is fair, many folks who's ears I trust kept their HD800's, some kept their 560's, but several chose to keep their 800's and sell/return their 560's.

And I have read the opposite. I think as things filter through, and more time on the planet, the 560's will prove their full worth and more. 

Aug 22, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #7,398 of 21,175

I would be quite surprised if the 560 sounded like the HD700, which by all accounts has a fairly odd signature at least where the treble is concerned. Anyway, if you get the chance to audition the 560 you really should. I am not sure how accurate acoustic memory is so I would like to know from somebody with both the HD700 and 560 if the sound is really that similar. I am going to take my 560 to my local audio shop where they have a floor model HD700/800 to try.

I've listened to the HD700's numerous times and found them to be a bit strident. I don't remember anyone thinking of the HE560's in that way.

Aug 22, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #7,399 of 21,175
Now I 'm sure they won' t be my next purchase as I also own T1 & HD 700 and I'm looking for something different. I really liked my previous he500 but they were a nightmare to wear for a long time. So thank you

Hmm, I had the T1 and DT880 at one time and got rid of them because of my perception of their lack of bass. I was hoping the HE560 would have enough bass to satisfy my inner basshead. The bass from my HE500 I think is about the minimum amount I could live with.

Aug 22, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #7,402 of 21,175
My WyWires HiFiMan adapters just came in so I could use my balanced WyWires RED.  All I can say is WOW.  I don't want to take them off.  I suspect the biggest impact is being able to run balance out of my RSA Apache instead of single ended.  Everything just seems much more dimensional.   As I mentioned to HiFiMan, I was really surprised they didn't terminate these headphones with the 4 pin XLR and include the single ended adapted. 

Aug 22, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #7,403 of 21,175
And I have read the opposite. I think as things filter through, and more time on the planet, the 560's will prove their full worth and more. 

I wasn't dogn' the 560's, I love mine, some people that already owned 800's decided they liked the 560's as well or better, or the opposite, preference is totally subjective.

Aug 22, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #7,404 of 21,175
Actually problem is that I have no chance to try them without buying them...
Bass level on he500 were perfect for me.
I'm eying oppo pm2 as well.
Thanks for your feedback guys

You may want to chat with Cute, I believe he really enjoyed the PM-2.

Aug 22, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #7,405 of 21,175
You may want to consider the he400i if you've got a closet basshead in you.

Hmm, I had the T1 and DT880 at one time and got rid of them because of my perception of their lack of bass. I was hoping the HE560 would have enough bass to satisfy my inner basshead. The bass from my HE500 I think is about the minimum amount I could live with.

Aug 22, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #7,406 of 21,175

560 won't be for you is my best guess. I find the bass excellent, but I am more inclined to pick bass speed, texture and accuracy and be willing to sacrifice some body and impact if need be. My D7000s were of course pretty damn bassy headphones, but ultimately for me too much so and I felt there was some clumping of the overall sound due to the prominent bass.

Aug 22, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #7,407 of 21,175
The 560 has very good bass when called upon but does not add extra bass when there is a small amount

I'd agree with that. But there's a point where things start to sound a bit bass light.
There're song that should have more bass but the 560 does not push them, and the bass gets a bit lost among the other instruments and vocals.
I'd wager that a very slight bass emphasis is good to get the full experience with every genre, song or mastering.
But I'll compare the 560 and 400i soon to see just where they trade blows.
Preference is also a thing, obviously...
But I am really looking forward to comparing them.

Aug 22, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #7,408 of 21,175
I listen to a lot of jazz typically not overwhelming bass so tight and fast are more important than booming, but when I listen too some R&B the bass comes on very strong. I would not think these are the best phones for EDM. They are great with acoustic guitar and piano also very good with vocals a little thin but revealing. Whenever you get a much anticipated phone you are going to have some unhappy buyers who were expecting something else

Aug 22, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #7,409 of 21,175
You may want to consider the he400i if you've got a closet basshead in you.

If I understand the sonic descriptions correctly, the he400i is very similar to my he500? If so it would not be an upgrade except for comfort.

Aug 22, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #7,410 of 21,175
I listen to a lot of jazz typically not overwhelming bass so tight and fast are more important than booming, but when I listen too some R&B the bass comes on very strong. I would not think these are the best phones for EDM. They are great with acoustic guitar and piano also very good with vocals a little thin but revealing. Whenever you get a much anticipated phone you are going to have some unhappy buyers who were expecting something else

For me, "bassy" hp's aren't the best for EDM. There is nothing but bass and little else. But a hp that has linear bass that steps up with good bass when it's called for, is better with bass heavy music. YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back