= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jul 25, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #5,956 of 21,171
  Like at this point you really needed convincing. 
wink.gif

Just being nice.  Go beat up on HiFi, why don'tcha?! 
wink.gif

Never doubt a careful headphone purchase, just say'in.

Jul 26, 2014 at 1:29 AM Post #5,959 of 21,171
I'm thinking of getting a balanced cable to try that in my CEntrance and have seen DHC and Norne mentioned.

I think I would top out at $150-200 for one and would like to hear suggestions.  I don't want anything that will smooth out the sound but don't think I need the zingyness of silver either..

If anyone has had a positive experience with a cable, I'd like to hear it.  Those who don't think cables make any difference, I appreciate if you think you need to educate me on my gullibility but I'm okay with it, so please refrain. :)

Jul 26, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #5,960 of 21,171
Anyone have tried the HE-560 with Lehmann audio bcl?

@jerg please add the request to the headline of this thread 
tongue.gif

I'd pick HE-560 over HE-500.

About EQ, read some of the guides here at head-fi they help immensely. 

Jul 26, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #5,961 of 21,171
  I'm thinking of getting a balanced cable to try that in my CEntrance and have seen DHC and Norne mentioned.

I think I would top out at $150-200 for one and would like to hear suggestions.  I don't want anything that will smooth out the sound but don't think I need the zingyness of silver either..

If anyone has had a positive experience with a cable, I'd like to hear it.  Those who don't think cables make any difference, I appreciate if you think you need to educate me on my gullibility but I'm okay with it, so please refrain. :)

You know, while I wouldn't get behind mega-buck cables I certainly can believe that modest improvements are possible and the price range you want to be in seems quite fair. My instincts tell me that there can be a difference in sound silver versus copper. I have read enough posts around here from very experienced members who are not at all on the cable bandwagon, in fact many of them seem to be just the opposite; however, there seems to a widely held acceptance that silver is brighter sounding than copper.

Any thread on head-fi that goes for over 300 pages eventually turns into the cable debate! Finally, just checked and my A18 has been released by customs and should be here by Tuesday. At last I will be able to use my 560s. I shouldn't celebrate too much as I haven't seen the customs charges yet, expecting about $75. Bastards.

Jul 26, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #5,962 of 21,171
Hasn't it been discussed enough... please...

Jul 26, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #5,963 of 21,171

You know, while I wouldn't get behind mega-buck cables I certainly can believe that modest improvements are possible and the price range you want to be in seems quite fair. My instincts tell me that there can be a difference in sound silver versus copper. I have read enough posts around here from very experienced members who are not at all on the cable bandwagon, in fact many of them seem to be just the opposite; however, there seems to a widely held acceptance that silver is brighter sounding than copper.

Any thread on head-fi that goes for over 300 pages eventually turns into the cable debate! That said, I hope not this time around, but I am interested in what people think of copper versus silver, just a short thread diversion no big debate.

Finally, just checked and my A18 has been released by customs and should be here by Tuesday. At last I will be able to use my 560s. I shouldn't celebrate too much as I haven't seen the customs charges yet, expecting about $75. Bastards.

In this case, I wouldn't trust instincts. 
wink.gif

Jul 26, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #5,964 of 21,171
Jul 26, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #5,965 of 21,171
If anyone has Focus A pads and decide they don't like/want them, I have extra mint Focus pads I would trade....just PM me if interested!

Thanks

Jul 26, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #5,967 of 21,171
My Focus A pads that I got last week are not symmetrical, but all three pair of my Focus pads are!  I just got the Focus pads using my $100 credit from HFM!

Jul 26, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #5,968 of 21,171
Quote:

My instincts tell me that there can be a difference in sound silver versus copper. 

Quote:
  In this case, I wouldn't trust instincts. 
wink.gif

Couldn't help yourself, eh?

Man...  I guess asking this question is taboo or something.  I don't want to discuss whether cables make a difference or not 'cause frankly, if you can't hear the difference, I'm not interested in your opinion on pretty much anything in audio, be it amps or headphones.

So, if anyone has a good value for improvement choice for a balanced cable for these I would ask that you pm me lest the villagers get out the pitchforks and torches and burn you at the stake..
rolleyes.gif

Jul 26, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #5,969 of 21,171

Couldn't help yourself, eh?

Man...  I guess asking this question is taboo or something.  I don't want to discuss whether cables make a difference or not 'cause frankly, if you can't hear the difference, I'm not interested in your opinion on pretty much anything in audio, be it amps or headphones.

So, if anyone has a good value for improvement choice for a balanced cable for these I would ask that you pm me lest the villagers get out the pitchforks and torches and burn you at the stake..
rolleyes.gif

These cans are so new, I'd wait a bit and see how they settle.  I'd just go with a straight copper personally.  OR.  the hifiman cable it comes with looks to be pretty nice.  Order another one and DIY a nice balanced cable.

Jul 26, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #5,970 of 21,171
I'm getting a new cable. Why? Because the current one is too short for my needs. Other than that, I have no issues with the current cable. Of course the new cable could have silver in it. And have adapters for balanced, speaker tap, and single end. Or a lava lamp. I always wanted a lava lamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back