= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jun 26, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #3,931 of 21,171
ieee754 said:
Any proof for that? I don't think that single atom could have enough energy to move a hair cell, even though they are very small.
of course their is proof.
It is in textbooks.
U find it :p

Jun 26, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #3,932 of 21,171
I gave in to the sound of the Rev.2, just put the Rev.1 in return mail to Summer at Hifiman, Newark, DE.  I will be getting the HE400i with the $100 credit towards the purchase when they are released.  In the mean time I am enjoying listening to the most analytical sounding Hifiman yet!  Clarity and air!

Jun 26, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #3,933 of 21,171
I gave in to the sound of the Rev.2, just put the Rev.1 in return mail to Summer at Hifiman, Newark, DE.  I will be getting the HE400i with the $100 credit towards the purchase when they are released.  In the mean time I am enjoying listening to the most analytical sounding Hifiman yet!  Clarity and air!

I thinking that "clarity and air" is a striking departure for any planar.

I think it is a major achievement, and more important than any milestone achieved by making them more portable (ala pm1)..

As most planars are thicker sounding and maybe darker with exception of lcd x

Jun 26, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #3,935 of 21,171
So I just got an update on the free shipping issue.

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 11:20 PM, <jayazn5@netscape.net> wrote:
Thanks so much for the update!  I have one question though.  I was on Headfi yesterday and a few of other pre-order recipients were reporting that they are getting free shipping to send back the pre-order HE-560's and a $100 credit at Head direct.  Is this promotion only for select Headfi members?

Response:

Hi ________,

I have just checked with my manager. Usually the owners of the pre-order HE-560 have to pay for the shipping fee when they send the old HE-560 back to us. As for the $100 credit at Head direct, yes you have that credit too. Next time when you want to purchase other products of our products, you can use that credit. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,
Lu Xiaofeng
HIFIMAN Customer Service Team

I guess some get free shipping while everyone gets the free $100 credit?

Jun 26, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #3,936 of 21,171

In the mean time I am enjoying listening to the most analytical sounding Hifiman yet!  Clarity and air!

Is HE-560 rev.2 more analytical than HE-6?

Quite possibly.....but I haven't had the HE-6 for a couple of months, so no direct comparison!  The HE-560 Rev.2 is surely my favorite sounding Hifiman thus far!

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #3,937 of 21,171
Am I being petty when I say, it's totally lame that people who ordered a headphone they assumed (and rightly, I'd say) would be the final product - one for which they paid shipping - which was then recalled by the manufacturer in exchange for the "final" version, are asked to return - at the consumer's cost - the headphone the manufacturer admits is not what they want you to have/less than perfect/not the final version?

I don't think so.

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #3,938 of 21,171
of course their is proof.
It is in textbooks.
U find it
tongue.gif

Typically, when you make a claim, it's considered bad form to insist the other party locate the proof.....

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #3,939 of 21,171
  So I just got an update on the free shipping issue.

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 11:20 PM, <jayazn5@netscape.net> wrote:
Thanks so much for the update!  I have one question though.  I was on Headfi yesterday and a few of other pre-order recipients were reporting that they are getting free shipping to send back the pre-order HE-560's and a $100 credit at Head direct.  Is this promotion only for select Headfi members?

Response:

Hi ________,

I have just checked with my manager. Usually the owners of the pre-order HE-560 have to pay for the shipping fee when they send the old HE-560 back to us. As for the $100 credit at Head direct, yes you have that credit too. Next time when you want to purchase other products of our products, you can use that credit. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,
Lu Xiaofeng
HIFIMAN Customer Service Team

I guess some get free shipping while everyone gets the free $100 credit?

Did anyone actually receive a pre-paid return label for the pre-production HE-560s?

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #3,940 of 21,171
Am I being petty when I say, it's totally lame that people who ordered a headphone they assumed (and rightly, I'd say) would be the final product - one for which they paid shipping - which was then recalled by the manufacturer in exchange for the "final" version, are asked to return - at the consumer's cost - the headphone the manufacturer admits is not what they want you to have/less than perfect/not the final version?

I don't think so.

Agreed.

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #3,941 of 21,171

I don't think so.

At this point, HFM should provide the return shipping labels as the ill will generated by not doing so will likely be far more expensive than simply paying for their customers who had enough faith in them to preorder a headphone that turned out to need major revisions.

Alienating your biggest supporters - not usually the best business strategy....

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #3,942 of 21,171
It's very simple maths:

Pre-order and essentially beta test, then pay another shipping charge for your efforts.

Don't pre-order, assume competent manufacturing down the line - which is safe to do, I'd say - and pay for shipping once.  For me, $100.00 store credit doesn't make up for it.  $100 in cash, sure, but of course that's less the return shipping cost.

No early-adopting for me.  Been there, done that.  I'll save the money and get the tested, finalized version.

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #3,943 of 21,171
Did anyone actually receive a pre-paid return label for the pre-production HE-560s?

I don't recall anyone saying they got a prepaid shipping label. seems misleading that the previous poster mentioned anyone getting one.

shipping cost shouldnt be too bad since it's only gonna be the headphone and cable. I'm assuming most will take advantage of their $100 credit. mine will likely go towards the he400i.

Jun 26, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #3,944 of 21,171
People buy 900$ -> good looks/sound = :D
Headphone delayed/recalled + given $100 in store = :)
Asked to pay 30-40$ for shipping = ;( :/ ;\ D:

I don't think the backlaah is deserved in the whole picture...:rolleyes:

Jun 26, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #3,945 of 21,171
Typically, when you make a claim, it's considered bad form to insist the other party locate the proof.....

Lol sorry your right about that.
I was being a bit of a joker there.
It is taught in college so I can find that later but I am at work now.
Pretty sure a Google can come up with so I should have suggested that.

Edit:
I will post it later

Users who are viewing this thread

Back