= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jun 3, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #3,301 of 21,171
7ryder, no I did not get to compare cables...I didn't see the stock cable around.  Since it wasn't WyWires or HiFiMan's booth (HiFiMan loaned them the headphones but they were in the hotel next door) that wasn't surprising.

tinyman392, nice job on the color correction, that looks right. 

Jun 3, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #3,304 of 21,171
  It's time for some Jergified Alcantara Pads to hit the scene.

Do you need pix?  I can take some of mine.  Yeah, I modded them.  You got a problem with that?  
wink.gif

Jun 3, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #3,305 of 21,171
  I know it's not apples-to-apples, but did you get a chance to compare this pair with a stock pair?  I'd love to hear what someone thinks of the WyWires...

@7ryder I was also at the T.H.E. Show over the weekend, and while I didn't get to exactly compare the HE-560's stock cable and the WyWires, I was able to compare an Audeze (sorry, forgot which exact one) on how it sounded with its stock cable and how it sounded with the WyWires. Compared to the stock cable, the Audeze with the WyWires sounded less bloated and boomy in the bass, and the mids and highs sounded a bit clearer and less blended with the lower frequencies. Not a huge difference, but enough to notice. And of course, the WyWires seem to be better built than the stock wires.

Jun 3, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #3,307 of 21,171
Well, I am hoping that shipping in the first two weeks of June is still a thing.
Also hope the darker finish gets the nod.

I thought darker is more impressive with that red tone because I had many wood Audio Technica cans and always the reddish tone was more impressive than plain brown...

Hifiman-US/Dr Fang said new OCC cable for better musicality on the new release!

Whish they used a cloth or nylon jacket it's so much more impressive when the wire is not black. .
Also good for mental perspective (placebo as well :) )

Jun 3, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #3,308 of 21,171
Whish they used a cloth or nylon jacket it's so much more impressive when the wire is not black. .
Also good for mental perspective (placebo as well
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Until it frays...I was so afraid of doing that with my old AT headphones.

Jun 3, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #3,310 of 21,171
How does the HE-560 stack up to their flagship, the HE-6? I know the 560s require a lot less power to drive well but if the HE-6 is given enough power, does HE-6 still sound better? Or is the HE-560 good enough that HiFiman will need to lower the price of the HE-6 since it isn't worth the $1,299 pricetag anymore? 

Jun 4, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #3,311 of 21,171
  How does the HE-560 stack up to their flagship, the HE-6? I know the 560s require a lot less power to drive well but if the HE-6 is given enough power, does HE-6 still sound better? Or is the HE-560 good enough that HiFiman will need to lower the price of the HE-6 since it isn't worth the $1,299 pricetag anymore? 

IMO, if the Audez'e release last year is any experience, I do not think they will lower the price of the highest end HP. If anything they could do some upgrades and keep the price the same (at the least) or even increase it a bit. In terms of the first part of your question, I briefly heard the 6 with a very good integrated receiver and it was very very good. I have not heard the 560 yet but the 6 with the proper set up still beats my HE 4 (which could be the nearest approximation to the 560). Again, all IMO.

Jun 4, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #3,312 of 21,171

Do you need pix?  I can take some of mine.  Yeah, I modded them.  You got a problem with that?  
wink.gif

Yeah, just give me  link to your advertisement. How's the Monkey Vines business doing? You have a cable for the 560 available?

Jun 4, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #3,313 of 21,171
I've been waffling back and forth on my 560 pre-order for a couple of weeks. Yesterday, I finally decided to cancel the order and wait to see what unfolds. I was disappointed with the teak wood/veneer changeover. The delays, although necessary I'm sure, don't leave me with an inspired sense of confidence about this $1k purchase. I felt that hifiman was putting to much into the Newport show reaction...I could be wrong, I have been before.

Be confident in the product. Take it back to beta testing if necessary. My sense is that when these issues popped up a "quick fix" was applied in an effort to get the product to market and keep people happy. Again, this is just my speculation. But with new cups, new damping materials, new cable...I'd take it back to beta testing even as much as we all hate delays. 

I really like hifiman and their products. The level of performance per dollar is the best out their IMO. But like other companies they've had QC issues. The new line is a chance to fix that reputation. So my message to Fang...take your time and get it right. 

My original plan was to purchase the he400i and not the 560. I'm back on that plan.

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #3,314 of 21,171
Dude...
My original plan was to purchase the he400i and not the 560. I'm back on that plan.

You just dropped now so close to ship time?
Give up Ur $100 rebate as well?
:xf_eek:

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #3,315 of 21,171
How do you know it's "so close" to ship time? It was stated directly on this thread from HFM first two weeks of June. Fang said at the Newport show, third week June. No matter. The impressions on the 400i are looking good. I'm off the hype train and on the wait and see bandwagon for now. I hope that the 560 is phenomenal and a giant killer.

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back