= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jun 4, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #3,331 of 21,174

I have a feeling that our ears are shaped in a very similar fashion. As with most pads I suffer the same predicaments
biggrin.gif

It's too bad you're in Europe, at least in terms of being able to get the AKG pads easily and inexpensively, or so it seems from others.  Other than that, maybe it's better to be in Europe 
wink.gif

Where to purchase the q701 pads you are talking about?

Jun 4, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #3,332 of 21,174
Well, that's a month later than the projected first two weeks of June for shipping 
frown.gif

Jun 4, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #3,334 of 21,174
  Hi Matt, that info on Headfonia came from me and I got it from Fang. We are bringing the latest HE-560 and HE-400i with us to The Newport Show next week and if all goes well, we will be shipping HE-560 by mid-June and HE-400i later in June. 

Fang reports that HiFiMAN has continued to improve both models and that they are sounding better than ever. We just have to make sure all the niggling issues have been resolved. 

Until they actually ship, everything is a target date. 
biggrin.gif

Peter

Okay, thanx...

Jun 4, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #3,336 of 21,174
Where to purchase the q701 pads you are talking about?

In the US, try this:

Spare Parts
Marlon Gonzalez marlon.gonzalez@harman.com 
Phone:  +1 818 920-3279

Found it here: 

http://www.akg.com/Technical+Support-995.html

The guy who used to work there left, and there were a couple new contacts listed somewhere on Head-Fi, but I can't find them.  This should get you started.  When I got my pair for the HE-500s, they were $35 for the pair, shipped FedEx.  A great deal.

Jun 4, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #3,337 of 21,174
  Once again, HiFiMAN regrets the delays on HE-560 and HE400i. They looked, felt and sounded great at Newport so we hope you will find them worth the wait. 

To properly manage everyone's expectations on delivery, Fang is looking at third week of June for production. That is barring any other unexpected delays. With that time frame though, it will take some additional time to ready them for shipment and to arrive here. With that in mind, I don't expect any units will be in your hands before early July. 

Same thing for HE-400i. Production hopefully in July but they will probably not be here until early August. 

If we do better than that, it will be a plus.

Peter

When the HE-560 is released, can those who ordered them through a HFM dealer expect to receive their HE-560 along with those who ordered directly with HFM?  More clearly, will dealers get their units after HFM direct orders are fulfilled?

This question has been asked more than a few times over the past couple of months here and there's been no answer from the HFM team.

Jun 4, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #3,340 of 21,174
  Generally, it will be based on order date. Once production gets ramped up, Fang plans to make a large quantity of HE-560s 
 to catch up. 

Peter

Good I ordered back in Feb with Stereodesk then! I better be the first guy who gets it shipped to him 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 4, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #3,341 of 21,174
Jun 4, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #3,342 of 21,174
Generally, it will be based on order date. Once production gets ramped up, Fang plans to make a large quantity of HE-560s 

to catch up. 

Peter

cool ! i have ordered from stereodesk too :)

Jun 4, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #3,343 of 21,174
Jun 4, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #3,344 of 21,174
I wonder if Fang grew as many gray hairs as I have..
At least I not stressed lol

I am sure he now looks like the Chinese equivalent of Gandalf & Dumbledore combined - Fangadore 
biggrin.gif

[I am joking, obviously]

Jun 4, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #3,345 of 21,174
I got a loaner pair PM-1 in today.  My initial impressions:

-Very fancy presentation and build quality.  Great, rigid materials used for the headphone.  If only other headphones were this rigid feeling.
-Earpads too small to me to be considered fully circumaural.  Could use bigger openings.  Don't understand the unnatural rectangle shape either.
-Sound signature very smooth and even; decent bass extension and treble clarity
-Something doesn't sound natural about lower midrange, it's not as clear and naturally warm as Hifiman or Audeze offerings
-Sound is claustrophobic and lacking in tangibility compared to Hifiman and Audeze models
-Sounds like mud, I think I rather take Mad Dogs-- at least their earpad openings are big

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back