= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
May 20, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #2,627 of 21,171
Hmm I was hoping for a cheaper and easier-to drive HE-6 replacement. Heavier than HE-4 and twice the price doesn't really attract me.

Well, that's exactly both your statements.

Like Jerg said, it's actually much closer to the HE-6 in terms of overall sound performance while being 1) marginally heavier than the 4s, 2) much lighter than the 6s 3) more comfy than either, by a good margin.

Funny story: when I put my HE-6 back on my head yesterday - after 10 days spent with the 560s - I immediately noticed the headband on top of my head for few minutes. I had no issue with that before...

May 20, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #2,628 of 21,171
no issues with clamp here. wouldn't say its a light clamp, just enough to stay on nicely. my strap is set to the second highest hole i believe.

i have a decent sized head and the comfort was only ok at first. took a good day of fiddling to get a nice fit. rotating the cups (the actual cups not earpads) to sit on your face properly seem to help get the feel just right.

May 20, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #2,629 of 21,171
  One thing I notice over time is the clamping pressure of the 560 though.  I know for certain that hifiman's rather random about the clamping of their headbands, but my 560 clamps a good bit more than the 400.  That combined with a smaller opening/shallower pad makes it a less comfortable experience for my ears.  I'm going to try to stretch out the headband some to see it if helps.

Please let us know how that works out for you. I'm pretty sensitive to headphone clamping pressure so I hope this isn't a permanent issue.

May 20, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #2,631 of 21,171
LOL please no more delays. And definitely not for clamping force, of all things. As long as stretching the headband out solves the issue, it shouldn't bother anyone.

May 20, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #2,632 of 21,171
We should delay the 560 until everyone is happy with the clamping force or maybe just start them all over unti all the world likes them
Too many of us waiting for a new toy causes nothing but problems

Lol touché. If people want the HE560s to finally ship as soon as possible, they need to keep quiet and not give Hifiman any more ideas.

May 20, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #2,633 of 21,171
^^ Speaking of ideas, any ideas when this hp ships? 
biggrin.gif

May 20, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #2,634 of 21,171
  One thing I notice over time is the clamping pressure of the 560 though.  I know for certain that hifiman's rather random about the clamping of their headbands, but my 560 clamps a good bit more than the 400.  That combined with a smaller opening/shallower pad makes it a less comfortable experience for my ears.  I'm going to try to stretch out the headband some to see it if helps.

You can adjust the clamping pressure by bending the steel headband. Hold the steel headband at the sharp (almost 90 degree) corner w/ both hands, and press the sharp corner w/ two thumbs so to make it bend a bit less (or more depends on how you look at it). Do it on both sides, just bend a bit at a time until you are satisfied w/ the clamping pressure. I did on mine a couple of days after I got them, they fit perfectly ever since. 

May 20, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #2,635 of 21,171
You can adjust the clamping pressure by bending the steel headband. Hold the steel headband at the sharp (almost 90 degree) corner w/ both hands, and press the sharp corner w/ two thumbs so to make it bend a bit less (or more depends on how you look at it). Do it on both sides, just bend a bit at a time until you are satisfied w/ the clamping pressure. I did on mine a couple of days after I got them, they fit perfectly ever since. 
Yes - but make sure you already adjusted the headband to the highest setting or you risk pulling the headband out of its anchor.

May 21, 2014 at 4:02 AM Post #2,640 of 21,171
You serious?

It's cheaper than HE6.

It's MUCH easier to drive than either HE6 or HE4.

It is marginally heavier than HE4, much lighter than HE6, and the comfort/ergonomics is leaps and bounds ahead of both. Not even close.

Sound quality is way ahead of HE4, and competitive or at least very close to HE6.

Your logic makes no sense. 

Your reply is rather confusing to me. You are comparing it to two headphones with 3x price difference. Is this the HE-6 successor or HE-4 successor?

If its HE-6 successor that it is lighter and cheaper if not its everything opposite. And why so aggressive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back