= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Oct 14, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #9,016 of 21,179
I'll buy the 560's before the Code-X any day...  Just my prefernce "Hifimanrookie".  However, IMO the 560's is not a headphone that scales very high.  It sounds good (the same) out of just about any amp out there. 

I'm not questioning what you say because I've only heard them out of the one amp. I'm just curious, which amps have you tried with the HE-560? TBH they're sounding pretty good out of my Soloist SL now that I've given my ears some time to adjust. I'd like a little more weight to the mids and bass and I'm a bit disappointed that they don't seem to deliver that 'out of head' experience that you get with the HE-500. I suppose it could just be the character of the headphones and they still do a lot of things very right. My amp puts out about 1wpc into the HE-560. I'd like to hear them out of something more powerful but I don't want to go spending lots of money if it's not necessary. Perhaps it's stupid to associate more power with a weightier sound.

Oct 14, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #9,017 of 21,179

I'll buy the 560's before the Code-X any day...  Just my prefernce "Hifimanrookie".  However, IMO the 560's is not a headphone that scales very high.  It sounds good (the same) out of just about any amp out there. 

Dude, now HiFi will never even try the damn things, much less buy them 
wink.gif
  (<---- ooh! ooh! a blue circle)

Oct 14, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #9,018 of 21,179

I know thats ur preference :wink:
Just checked the code-x thread again...mmmmmm some prefer the code-x even over the he6...mmmmmm
No worries..everyone has his preferences..thats why this hobby is so fun.

@stanD, mate..ru seriously saying that a 250usd worth of amp will sound the same as lets say a cavalli amp of 5000usd? Really? Ur kidding right? And you say u have extremely good ears, stating that? That sounds so contradictive.
(on purpose i dont mention my brand..as almost no one knows that brand here on this thread)..
For ur info...no..i dont have any technical education in any audio stuff...BUT..in my younger years i was a semi-pro in car audio (installing, tuning etc)..but what makes me 'good' in deciding how an amp/headphone or any audio stuff sounds are my ears. :wink:
As u could read my ears look to be rather good (tested 2months ago)...very sensitive..it surprised the doc how good they were for my age living in a big noisy city (amsterdam) my whole life...In the past i couldnt stand the noise of concerts..was to loud...when i was younger it was hell for me..all my friends went and i couldnt as my ears would ring for hours afterwards!

Am not saying my ears are better then anyone elses..but..everyone should choose its components on how they sound together..not according to stats they found online...if everyone did that then we all would have a o2 and NOT one hifiman headphone..as those have at least one spike..ask Jerg :wink:

To be honest..i its very interesting that a person with so much education and experience in the audio field thinks like this...i would thought that u would have the best rig anyone could buy...like a friend of mine..he is a senior mechanic at a car tuning shop..and he drives the fastest and best handling car u can put together with the stuff they sell...as its his job and passion..so he gets the best... I would do the same...not to show of, but to see how far u can go.

As always..i respect ur opinions..i prefer u saying it in the open then to bottle it up and get angry with me or something... :wink:
Ps..my cable just came in...suprisingly light!

Oct 14, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #9,019 of 21,179
I'm not questioning what you say because I've only heard them out of the one amp. I'm just curious, which amps have you tried with the HE-560? TBH they're sounding pretty good out of my Soloist SL now that I've given my ears some time to adjust. I'd like a little more weight to the mids and bass and I'm a bit disappointed that they don't seem to deliver that 'out of head' experience that you get with the HE-500. I suppose it could just be the character of the headphones and they still do a lot of things very right. My amp puts out about 1wpc into the HE-560. I'd like to hear them out of something more powerful but I don't want to go spending lots of money if it's not necessary. Perhaps it's stupid to associate more power with a weightier sound.

At 90 dB/mW the 560's will crank out 120 dB SPL at 1W. If your amp sounds good at loud volumes and you don't need to blast your ears into oblivion, you should be good to go as you shouldn't need more than that much SPL, even for headroom. More power will not be used and as I said if your amp sounds good,why bother, unless you have the itch for something new.

Oct 14, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #9,020 of 21,179
Dude, now HiFi will never even try the damn things, much less buy them :wink:   (<---- ooh! ooh! a blue circle)
yeah he totally destroyed my interest in the he560 now :D thanks for nothing :p

Yeah..thos blue circles are poppin up everywhere.. :wink:. Oops..there u have one again :p

And u wont believe this...but some crazy dude in asia is also getting almost same kind of amp i have..nuts huh? How can he do that? He must be out of his mind buuying it for his he6 :veryevil:
I have to check if he maybe, just maybe, also has a code-x..as that would certainly show he is ripe for the nuthouse :D.
Nope..he is safe..no code-x..but damn..he is close to step through that door :D

Oct 14, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #9,021 of 21,179
  At 90 dB/mW the 560's will crank out 120 dB SPL at 1W. If your amp sounds good at loud volumes and you don't need to blast your ears into oblivion, you should be good to go as you shouldn't need more than that much SPL, even for headroom. More power will not be used and as I said if your amp sounds good,why bother, unless you have the itch for something new.

That's a very good point.  IMO that's one reason headroom is a good thing to have.  You don't want your amp falling apart when it reaches it peak on complex passages

A few speaker amps of course.  A few different Schiit amps..  Lyr 2 and Mjolnir.  As soon as my 445 comes in I'll use it on that as well.  So yeah the 560 should sound good with the Soloist.  It is what it is with the 560 they are a tad bit lean in those areas.  

Oct 14, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #9,022 of 21,179
Anyone else get the "WANTED: For Buying And Loving HiFiMAN HE-560 or HE-400i" email from HiFiMAN/Head-Direct?  It links to their Facebook page, but there's nothing related there.

Oct 14, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #9,023 of 21,179
yeah he totally destroyed my interest in the he560 now
biggrin.gif
thanks for nothing
tongue.gif

Yeah..thos blue circles are poppin up everywhere..
wink.gif
. Oops..there u have one again
tongue.gif

And u wont believe this...but some crazy dude in asia is also getting almost same kind of amp i have..nuts huh? How can he do that? He must be out of his mind buuying it for his he6
very_evil_smiley.gif

I have to check if he maybe, just maybe, also has a code-x..as that would certainly show he is ripe for the nuthouse
biggrin.gif
Nope..he is safe..no code-x..but damn..he is close to step through that door
biggrin.gif

Hey, you got something against Asians owning Blue Circles? Huh? Would you rather that he use an O2
biggrin.gif

Oct 14, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #9,025 of 21,179
The more I listen to the HE-560 with the Audio-gd NFB28 the more I am beginning to really like it, I was not sure how I felt about the combo originally. I knew I loved the NFB with the ZMF x Vibros I use but the HE-560 is my go to headphone and was slightly disappointed with the pairing at first. The more I listen the more I really like it, and could be the brain getting use to the differences in detail and sound the DAC is detailed on this unit even analytical but the amp smoothens things out a bit and yet keeps it's fast speed, and handles complexity in some music really well. I still think the Geek Out 1000 is an excellent dac/amp unit for the HE-560 but I find myself using the NFB now all the time with this pairing.

Oct 14, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #9,026 of 21,179
Anyone else get the "WANTED: For Buying And Loving HiFiMAN HE-560 or HE-400i" email from HiFiMAN/Head-Direct?  It links to their Facebook page, but there's nothing related there.
yeah i got same mail!!! I am always very careful with those mails..being a IT man that is...we tend to be very paranoia.. :D
Maybe u can ask about it on nthe headfi appreciation thread here? Their customer service is very active on that thread.
Am curious what they will say :p

Oct 14, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #9,027 of 21,179
Hey, you got something against Asians owning Blue Circles? Huh? Would you rather that he use an O2:D
ur sooooo evil :veryevil:

Oct 14, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #9,028 of 21,179

yeah i got same mail!!! I am always very careful with those mails..being a IT man that is...we tend to be very paranoia..
biggrin.gif

Maybe u can ask about itnonnthe headfi appreciation thread here? Their customer service is very active on that thread.
Am curious what they will say
tongue.gif

You sure that wasn't Rangy gearing up for some Phishing?

Oct 14, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #9,029 of 21,179

Thurston, You got that email? What ever you do not hit the link!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully we caught it in time. How is your Antivirus Software?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back