= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
May 31, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #3,136 of 21,175
that doesn't change the fact that both your pics are of solid wood cups. however you shot them and whatever timber they're made from they still look like solid wood cups - not wood veneer cups. it's obvious man and you're reaching.

I always thought my LCD-3 cups look like plastic cups, given its smoothness and glossiness. My $10 DIY headphone stand consisting of a chopping board (in the background of the picture) looks a lot like wood in comparison. For that matter, I think the the wood veneer HD560 looks more "wooden" than my solid wood LCD-3.

May 31, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #3,138 of 21,175
My only issue is that the 560 went from real wood to something less expensive after I had already paid for it. It's only human nature to expect that some people, maybe most people, will be disappointed with that progression of events. I personally liked the teak wood cups. 

"Excuse me sir, but where are my leather seats in this new car I just received?" 

"Well, we had a problem with the leather and couldn't source it properly. So now we have a high quality pleather. You'll love it I promise." (big smile)

Like I said, it's human nature. Hifiman knew that they're would be some, perhaps many, would take issue with the change. My opinion is that they've promised improved sound as a trade off for the downgrade. If they deliver with that promise then all is forgiven. Just my opinion. 

May 31, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #3,140 of 21,175
  I have really high expectation on 560 cause Fang did said its actually better than R10 and head to head with SR009 while HD800 and LCD-3 comes no where near this competition

I see you have a900xltd as your avatar pic. if u own it and hv a proper amp to drive it, then i think you won't miss the he560 because it is not as gd as a900xltd

May 31, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #3,143 of 21,175
it is ridiculous - trust me but you keep on twisting the logic anyway you want. seems to me that any time someone makes a critical comment about this can you swoop in to defend it. it's like you're on the payroll.

Unfortunate for you I just discuss on my own behalf, deal with it. Calling someone a shill just because they have differing opinions from you here is a very egotistical thing to say, tsk tsk. 
rolleyes.gif

May 31, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #3,144 of 21,175
  My only issue is that the 560 went from real wood to something less expensive after I had already paid for it. It's only human nature to expect that some people, maybe most people, will be disappointed with that progression of events. I personally liked the teak wood cups. 

"Excuse me sir, but where are my leather seats in this new car I just received?" 

"Well, we had a problem with the leather and couldn't source it properly. So now we have a high quality pleather. You'll love it I promise." (big smile)

Like I said, it's human nature. Hifiman knew that they're would be some, perhaps many, would take issue with the change. My opinion is that they've promised improved sound as a trade off for the downgrade. If they deliver with that promise then all is forgiven. Just my opinion. 

I think the difference is that while you may not be able to get a full refund on the car,  you certainly can on the headphones if you don't like the changes and either cancel your order or return them.

As for the sound, since the pre-ordered version already sounds very good and the revised version  sounds better, you will definitely forgive HFM. 

May 31, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #3,145 of 21,175
I think sonic improvements are much more important than anything else.

I realize that the topic of wood may be important for some..but..

This talk of the wood/cosmetics feels off topic,
and is distracting and irrelevant to me..

The fact remains that the unit has been improved,
So that's what I would like to know more about.
Plus more pics! Pics! Pics!

May 31, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #3,146 of 21,175
And where HE-6 "stands" in this statement? Does it mean that Fang does believe that 560 is better?

He actually likes the 560 the most of all his HPs, yes.
It's by a word of mouth though, no official statements obviously.

May 31, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #3,147 of 21,175
He actually likes the 560 the most of all his HPs, yes.
It's by a word of mouth though, no official statements obviously.

Well it's his baby, so to speak, of course he is at least somewhat biased toward it.

My opinion has always been that this is a sound that's technically very good ~ excellent in all traits, with a truly genre-master tonal balance on top. It's not the best at anything (except maybe the general bass quality, but I haven't heard enough TOTL cans to make a claim that it is the best), but the well-roundedness + the strong technicalities gives it an strong edge. It is really quite similar to LCDX in terms of the goal of the product, maybe not in terms of sound though.

May 31, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #3,149 of 21,175

That’s what my uni friend told me while we were bored in lecture, he said there was a huge argument about 560 wood problem on chinese headphone forum, HD800 just too open and a no to it, Orpheus was smudge and really impressed with the tuning on R10 dynamic driver while he have to use so much time on development to get better SQ(he did claim it’s his own impression between 560 and R10)
Don’t get me wrong I am actually really looking forward to get a 560 because don’t really care about the wood thing (not going use it outdoor anyway, minimum/no help on SQ since its open not closed and not a fashion show), never get a chance to try Orpheus and R10 but I do struggle to get LCD-2 or 500 back then and bought LCD because of a really good discount price
biggrin.gif
and the quality bass

May 31, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #3,150 of 21,175
Is the HE-560 a somewhat bright sounding headphone (like HD800, HE-6) or warm sounding headphone (like HD650, LCD-2/3)?

I just realized this is my 1000th post. 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back