= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Mar 27, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #226 of 21,171
Called my dealer to see if they were going to order a pair when available and they said they would order a pair. Fortunately my trust in letting people have my credit card info over the phone is nill which overpowered my lack of self control

Mar 27, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #227 of 21,171
  OK, now we officially have the first modded HE-560 on Earth... It is a record, for sure. A couple hours after the first production samples have landed.
This will start giving HiFiMAN some ideas for a mk2, in case that ever needs to happen...
I guess most of us wasn't expecting anything other than that from jerg. I really appreciate the early impressions as well as the early mods. 
popcorn.gif

I have written permission from Hifiman to say whatever I want 
tongue.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/698831/fresh-outta-ces-the-hifiman-he-400i-and-he-560/2250#post_10332810
  Hi,
Time for another quick update. We are hoping to start the HE-560 pre-order in the second half of March, and start shipping at the end of March or beginning of April. This is the current plan.

Review samples are being shipped out in one or two weeks. Jerg will be one of the person who will get one pair. Jerg inspired us and helped us with the earpad design. For that we are truly appreciated what he has done. It is that simple. He writes whatever he wants. We don't read before hand, and we don't really want to. 

To me music is a very personally experience. Enjoying music and being obsessed about the Hi-fi equipments is also a very personally experience. Of course one's own opinion will sound "biased" in someone else's mind. Anyone who is willing to spend the time and energy to write a review about a product, publish it to the public and accept the fact that he/she will be called out eventually got to have his own opinion. Anyway, i don't know what i am talking about. We are just grateful that our products have brought joy to many head-fiers around the world, and we will continue to make the best product we could with the best SQ and the best value.

btw, this reminds me of a review i read couple days ago published by Tom's hardware about Hi-fi Audio. This is what an "objective" review will look like if written by someone who doesn't get Hi-fi. :wink:

Cheers. :)

Mar 27, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #228 of 21,171
So erm... Are these easier to drive than the 500?
Sorry for DP, just curious ;P

Mar 27, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #229 of 21,171
So erm... Are these easier to drive than the 500?
Sorry for DP, just curious ;P

I think they are almost exactly the same. HE560 is obviously less dark than HE500, so it might appear a tad louder just because of that.

Mar 27, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #230 of 21,171
Good thanks.
Hopefully a measly Mstage will drive that ;S :cool:

Mar 27, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #231 of 21,171
  I have written permission from Hifiman to say whatever I want 
tongue.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/698831/fresh-outta-ces-the-hifiman-he-400i-and-he-560/2250#post_10332810

LOL, I didn't find anything regarding "modding however he wants".
Just kidding, of course. Please keep up the excellent work!

I've already bought myself a couple of these and put on the F5 key. 
blink.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNuoKNDr71s

Mar 27, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #232 of 21,171
Do the magnets and traces look the same?

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #238 of 21,171
It looks like it has a lot of clamp? IDK, very nice LOOKING headphone though.

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #239 of 21,171

Ok  got these form DHL today and they are the lightest planar i have heard. They sound very promising and I like the fit and bette yet the ear pads are a major improvement.

Hey Frank, let me know if you write an impressions/review as well, I can hyperlink it in the thread original post.

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #240 of 21,171
  Hey Frank, let me know if you write an impressions/review as well, I can hyperlink it in the thread original post.

I will do that also. The review is going to be a featured review in Part Time Audiophile but I will be posting regularly here as well. I will give you the link when it is ready for publishing.  They are pretty comfortable and very transparent. I did some bass sweep on them today and they are pretty hard hitting but maybe not as deep as the HE500 or the HE6 but they sound excellent. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back