= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Nov 1, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #20,281 of 21,175
Hi, im using the v1 right now. The bass hit quite hard tbh, far harder and extends way further than my Q701. I wish i can get try a pair of v3 for comparison but hifiman is not being sold in my country anymore, been searching a shop that sells hifiman for months, no luck. My HE-560 seems to be the last of its kind on the market right now. Sad.

That is too bad! Yeah, I'm hoping someone gets around to measuring the newer models eventually. Would be really interesting to compare.

Nov 1, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #20,282 of 21,175
Any suggestions for a portable amp to power the he560? My he560s haven't been used for several months now. I've been thinking of an amp i can use with my fiio x7 that i can carry around the house.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #20,283 of 21,175
Hi guys, I'm new to the site, and a noob in audio in general, nice to meet u. I just got a pair of HE560 v1 for 200 bucks where i live, and i wanna find balanced cable for my pair. Is it possible to find balanced cables for those, since its using the old weird screw connectors?
the stock cable can be made balanced. all you have to do is replace the 1/4'' plug with XLR4, keeping the return/negative/ground seperate for each channel

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #20,287 of 21,175
Their design looks very fragile. Anybody owned these for a while and can tell if they last?

If you're talking the old V1 plastic-yoked 560's, I've owned mine for a year now and have had no problems at all with them. No cracking wood, no cracking yokes, no driver damage or rattling, no fuzzy sound, no connector issues. And the stock pads are absolutely mint, mostly because they are sitting in the box for the Dekoni TH900 lambskin pads that replaced them.

In short, there is nothing wrong with the old 560 design, just a bad batch of plastic towards the end of the product's lifespan that got an inordinate amount of press.

Nov 2, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #20,288 of 21,175
Their design looks very fragile. Anybody owned these for a while and can tell if they last?
Mine are over 4 years old and still going great and my son only had to replace the ear pads since he uses his a lot more than I do but other than that his are still also in great shape which is impressive IMO for something that gets banged around in a college dorm room.

Nov 2, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #20,289 of 21,175
I have had offer to swap my Emu teak fostex for he-560 V2. I really like the 400i so is this a good deal for me?

Nov 2, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #20,290 of 21,175
I have had offer to swap my Emu teak fostex for he-560 V2. I really like the 400i so is this a good deal for me?

Well if you don't like your Emu Teaks, then possibly. But the HE-560 v2 is selling for $250 right now on Adorama and the Emus cost twice that through a Massdrop, so you could probably sell them outright for more than that. If you like the 400i, then I'd say it's a near certainty that you'll like the 560s even more, but no way to know for sure until you hear them. The Emu Teaks (like the very similar Fostex TR-X00) are going to have a lot more bass and are closed back, so they're VERY different headphones to the 560s.

Nov 3, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #20,291 of 21,175
Just got my HE-560 V1. They sound wonderful, but the right channel produces audible static/distortion whenever I touch the right earpiece. This occurs even when the headphones aren't even plugged in! It's really strange. I assume it's some kind of static electricity. I get the distortion even if I just tap the grille or the ear cup. Is this a common issue? An easy fix or should I send them back?

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #20,292 of 21,175
Just got my HE-560 V1. They sound wonderful, but the right channel produces audible static/distortion whenever I touch the right earpiece. This occurs even when the headphones aren't even plugged in! It's really strange. I assume it's some kind of static electricity. I get the distortion even if I just tap the grille or the ear cup. Is this a common issue? An easy fix or should I send them back?
Isn't it snapping sound?
Then it is probably poorly glued veneer which is floating from the headphone shell in some areas, so if you press on the floating veneer, it makes snapping sound.
It took me a while to find out what the sound was.

Nov 3, 2018 at 1:04 AM Post #20,293 of 21,175
Agree with @Prospero424 that at the current cost the Emu Teak has a bit more value but if you don't like it then the trade makes sense. If anything I'd try and find a way to keep the Emu Teak and just buy the HE560 since they are quite different sounding and would make great complimentary headphones IMO.

Nov 3, 2018 at 2:06 AM Post #20,294 of 21,175
Isn't it snapping sound?
Then it is probably poorly glued veneer which is floating from the headphone shell in some areas, so if you press on the floating veneer, it makes snapping sound.
It took me a while to find out what the sound was.

I don't think so. It sounds like radio station static. I think its actually coming from the driver.

Nov 3, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #20,295 of 21,175
I don't think so. It sounds like radio station static. I think its actually coming from the driver.
Oh, then there are different reason for your case.
In my case, when I pick up the HE560 very softly not pressing on the veneer, it doesn't make snapping sound, but if I press/hold on the veneer, it makes snapping sound like a single static spark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back