= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Oct 29, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #20,267 of 21,171
II'm still very concerned about the yokes breaking. Any advice? I'm seriously considering brutalizing them just to ensure that the stupid yokes break within the warranty period. Are any of them immune from the problem, or do they all break eventually?Anyone know what solution Hifiman is offering to people with broken yokes these days?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/HiFiMan-HE-...948386&hash=item4d7f03bfca:g:4k4AAOSwQIFbxx6J
They are less than 250 usd.
he-560 v3 used.
Why are their price so low?

My pair is more than a year old now. I've had no problems with them whatsoever. I believe it's v2.

A 560 for $249 is an absolute steal, though this v3 looks very different from my pair: the headband, cups, even the grills. Does v3 sound as good as v2?

Oct 29, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #20,268 of 21,171
I have no idea of the difference, because mine was just ordered.
Reading through this thread tells me that there should be no difference and Adorama is a ligit seller.
Mine was used ones with that price tag but it is not very cheap due to the shipping to Ontario and tax.
But it was good price when I consider all other things.
I was away from planar and now want to go to at least one planar.
After swing between M1060 an He-560 I decided the latter due to my pleasant memory of He-500 except weight.

Oct 30, 2018 at 12:47 AM Post #20,270 of 21,171
My pair is more than a year old now. I've had no problems with them whatsoever. I believe it's v2.

A 560 for $249 is an absolute steal, though this v3 looks very different from my pair: the headband, cups, even the grills. Does v3 sound as good as v2?

If your pair has the wood veneer on the cups and the old headband, that would be the v1 or the v1.5. FYI. As for whether or not they sound the same: I've seen some people say that the bass doesn't hit as hard on the new ones, and I've seen others say they sound the same. HiFiMan confirmed that the drivers themselves are identical. However, since no one that I'm aware of has posted any actual measurements of the v2 or v3, there's no way to know for sure without having both on hand to do a personal comparison.

Oct 30, 2018 at 3:21 AM Post #20,271 of 21,171
I thought the SMC version was not liked. Something about the Jack's being fragile?

Exce
I have found that the SMC jack to be a more secure connection but one needs to be a bit gentle if you detach/attach them a lot. 2.5/3.5mm jacks don't seem to last as long IMO since I've changed a few for friends on computers, DAPs and other gear but I've also heard some that have had issues with the SMC so hard to say which is really better.

Oct 30, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #20,272 of 21,171
Not intending to start an argument about cables but for anyone who cares you should know the conductors are too thin in the HE560 cable, its a really excellent quality UPOCC silver plated cable and sounds great with other headphones but it is huge a bottleneck for a such a low sensitivty and power hungry hp like he560. I wasted a lot of time of trying to find the ''right'' amp for HE560 but it never really made a difference, building a 18AWG cable out of speaker cable for a few dollars completely changed this headphone.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #20,273 of 21,171
I have no idea of the difference, because mine was just ordered.
Reading through this thread tells me that there should be no difference and Adorama is a ligit seller.
Mine was used ones with that price tag but it is not very cheap due to the shipping to Ontario and tax.
But it was good price when I consider all other things.
I was away from planar and now want to go to at least one planar.
After swing between M1060 an He-560 I decided the latter due to my pleasant memory of He-500 except weight.

The 500 and 560 don't bear much relationship with each other.

Oct 30, 2018 at 11:07 PM Post #20,274 of 21,171
Oct 31, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #20,275 of 21,171
My HE-560 arrived from Amazon. I havent opened them yet, but the brown outer box from Hifiman is clearly marked, HE-560 Wood Cups. There is also a rubber stamp on the box marked, PASS 2016.11.26.

From that date stamp, is there any way to tell if this is one of the batch with the faulty yokes?

I can't open the box because the price had dropped on Amazon. They wouldn't do a price adjustment, so I had to order another pair and these will probably go back.

Oct 31, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #20,276 of 21,171
is there any way to tell if this is one of the batch with the faulty yokes?

Not that I'm aware of. But if they're going back anyway, why would it matter? I would think the most recent purchase would be the one to worry about. Regardless, if the yoke breaks I've heard from several people who contacted HiFiMan support and were sent a Sundara headband to replace it. FWIW...

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #20,278 of 21,171
I have an average sized head and if you move the headband up the notches to like the last or next to last slot, it should fit fine. It does for me. I think those with large heads will have a problem though. I continue to be impressed sound-wise. I am glad I know nothing about the V1 so I don't have to be so picky or anal retentive about upper-mid that, sub-bass this, etc. It's smooth sounding, perhaps a shade darker than neutral but it has just enough dynamic punch and clarity to keep it from being boring.
May I ask the length of the head strap of your HE 560 V2?

Nov 1, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #20,279 of 21,171
Hi guys, I'm new to the site, and a noob in audio in general, nice to meet u. I just got a pair of HE560 v1 for 200 bucks where i live, and i wanna find balanced cable for my pair. Is it possible to find balanced cables for those, since its using the old weird screw connectors?

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #20,280 of 21,171
If your pair has the wood veneer on the cups and the old headband, that would be the v1 or the v1.5. FYI. As for whether or not they sound the same: I've seen some people say that the bass doesn't hit as hard on the new ones, and I've seen others say they sound the same. HiFiMan confirmed that the drivers themselves are identical. However, since no one that I'm aware of has posted any actual measurements of the v2 or v3, there's no way to know for sure without having both on hand to do a personal comparison.
Hi, im using the v1 right now. The bass hit quite hard tbh, far harder and extends way further than my Q701. I wish i can get try a pair of v3 for comparison but hifiman is not being sold in my country anymore, been searching a shop that sells hifiman for months, no luck. My HE-560 seems to be the last of its kind on the market right now. Sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back