= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Oct 3, 2018 at 4:36 AM Post #20,206 of 21,171
God damn', these headphones are growing on me by the minute!
Keep that brain burn in going, these headphones are the bomb:gs1000smile:
Even the missus has taken a liking to them.
-though I think she mostly just likes the fact that my massive Stax amp is no longer cramping the style of our hifi/book corner...
Anecdote to make you want to tear your hair off: the first thing she put on (in pure spite, naturally) while trying them on was lofi K-pop, kill me.
My GF is Korean and loves K-pop, but she gets it from Korean web sites so the quality is quite good (usually cd rip FLAC) which to me sounds better than most pop recordings from tidal and spotify (non premium service). One Kpop group that I'm taking a liking to is Mamamoo, a little more R&B than typical Kpop and 3 of the 4 have pretty good voices while the 4th is a good rapper.

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:12 AM Post #20,207 of 21,171
My GF is Korean and loves K-pop, but she gets it from Korean web sites so the quality is quite good (usually cd rip FLAC) which to me sounds better than most pop recordings from tidal and spotify (non premium service). One Kpop group that I'm taking a liking to is Mamamoo, a little more R&B than typical Kpop and 3 of the 4 have pretty good voices while the 4th is a good rapper.

My SO's poison of choice is BTS.
And she keeps insisting that I try it, this of course only makes me hate it that much more.
-of course, by now I will never listen to it only to avoid any loss of face from potentially having to admit that it's catchy or otherwise pleasant to my ears.

I don't like all the dancing.
I don't like the smiling.
I don't like the teenage angst.
I don't like the entire industry around it.
I don't like not understanding the lyrics.
I don't like it!
-said the man who loves catchy Motown tunes... BUT THEY HAVE SOUL DAMNIT!

Oct 3, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #20,209 of 21,171
@Kitchener , my GF is laughing so much, thanks for the great laugh, LOL.

PS: this could also be the 3 tequila sunrise cocktails that she already had.

PPS: my GF doesn't care for BTS, too teeny bopper to her, said to send you these:

Gah! Stop it! I must not expose myself to the forbidden fruit lest I become intoxicated by it's sweet nectar.
I do like all female K-Pop groups though...on mute.

Oct 3, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #20,210 of 21,171
Gah! Stop it! I must not expose myself to the forbidden fruit lest I become intoxicated by it's sweet nectar.
I do like all female K-Pop groups though...on mute.
Come over to the dark side, LOL. A few more temptations:

Japanese rock band

one of my favorites

a remake of a nice song, but I still like the original singer/song writer Hikaru Utada version better but the youtube ones are pretty crappy

here's one for your SO

Oct 3, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #20,211 of 21,171
I'm pretty sure the mods are gonna bring the hatchet down on us for this.

Not to stray too far off topic:
The HE-560 is great yall, yay!
-even for KPOP :gs1000smile:

Oct 3, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #20,212 of 21,171
The HE560 is pretty good for most Kpop but I still prefer my HD650 + BH Crack for most female vocals but it lacks the low end that the HE560 has with some songs so I'm still looking for a headphone that will do it all (probably never find it) but the search is fun

Oct 3, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #20,213 of 21,171
I built a millet starving student tube amp recently to pair with the topping DX7 for my he560. The DX7 is a great analytical sounding amp/dac but the tube helps smooth out the he560 which I like. Also works well with the massdrop Cavalli tube Hybrid in my living room!

Oct 4, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #20,214 of 21,171
Oct 4, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #20,215 of 21,171
Oct 4, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #20,219 of 21,171
By the way, DavidA.
Did you make that grill yourself or are they available for purchase somewhere?
Made them my self and sold the spares but its quite easy to build. FYI, I make it fit without using the retaining ring since a few have told me that the ring is easily broken and if it the fit is not really tight it can cause some issues. The material is silk organza, acoustically very transparent.

Oct 4, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #20,220 of 21,171
Made them my self and sold the spares but its quite easy to build. FYI, I make it fit without using the retaining ring since a few have told me that the ring is easily broken and if it the fit is not really tight it can cause some issues. The material is silk organza, acoustically very transparent.

Did you just buy a metal grill mesh and cut them to size?
Do you remember from the top of your head how thick the stock grill was?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back