= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
May 1, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #1,682 of 21,179
the impressions given so far have been very exciting, but i'm really anxious to see impressions roll  en masse from the huddled masses !

May 1, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #1,683 of 21,179

I emailed Hifiman customer service this morning asking why I haven't received tracking info yet, still no response.  My take is something is fishy!

Very likely its just the time zone, they didn't have the shipping number before they left for the day, I've had that happen before.  Several people have gotten shipping notifications so yours is probably shipping too.

I heard back from Hifiman Customer Service this morning about my HE-560.  The factory in China is on holiday from May 1 - May 3, they close for May day celebration! 

So looks like I won't be celebrating with them!

May 1, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #1,684 of 21,179
Ug...talk about crappy timing. 
rolleyes.gif

May 1, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #1,685 of 21,179
My apologies if this is in the body of this thread but how do the 560 pads stack up to other pads tried on the HEs? Including aftermarket pads of other vendors. I've not been a fan of HE's pads. Too inconsistent in matching thickness and general shape.

May 1, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #1,686 of 21,179
My apologies if this is in the body of this thread but how do the 560 pads stack up to other pads tried on the HEs? Including aftermarket pads of other vendors. I've not been a fan of HE's pads. Too inconsistent in matching thickness and general shape.

Build quality is very good, only one I've tried that's better in this regard is LCD3 lambskin pads.

Comfort is supreme, better than anything else I've tried.

SQ attenuation is quite close to ideal, pros and cons compared to modulor jergpads.

Overall left-right symmetry is about 95%, the foam used inside is very consistent in shape at least for the pair I have at the moment.

May 1, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #1,687 of 21,179
I just got an email updating me on the HE-560.....they won't be shipping any next week.......so, I just cancelled again! 

Really glad I have the PM-1 here now, really turned off on Hifiman right now.  At least Oppo started shipping when they said they would!

May 1, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #1,689 of 21,179
Official update from Fang today (I emailed him about the specifics of their preorder shipping):

We have shipped some headphones to our IL warehouse. We will ship most orders from IL to most North america area. We will keep sending more headphones next week.

So calm your toots.

May 1, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #1,690 of 21,179
Lol, everyone's sitting at the tip of their chairs. This thread is just waiting for a good reason to explode. I feel sorry for Jerg 
rolleyes.gif

May 1, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #1,691 of 21,179
  Official update from Fang today (I emailed him about the specifics of their preorder shipping):

So calm your toots.

kinda interested why a few were shipped direclty vs the rest to their warehouse. i'm suprised the other reviewers havent gotten there replacements yet.

it's gonna be a long week or two maybe three (hope not).

May 1, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #1,694 of 21,179
  Lol, everyone's sitting at the tip of their chairs. This thread is just waiting for a good reason to explode. I feel sorry for Jerg 
rolleyes.gif

+1.  Had dinner at my place tonight with my wife and a friend  who's an anaesthesiologist....she got called away after desert for a semi-planned procedure involving a patient waiting for a new liver (and missed out on an excellent bottle of wine due to her being on standby).  Puts the 'waiting for my cans to ship' frenzy displayed by some in perspective.

BTW, it's not just in China; in most of Europe may 1st is a public holiday and most people will take the long weekend off so nothing much will happen until monday.

May 1, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #1,695 of 21,179
Lol, for now I am waiting for the 560, Jade and HE6 successor before I go into summit-fi/hi-end territory. I wonder whether it'll be the same when they come out, something new to wait for and look forward to? Gawd, the consumerism is pretty strong in this hobby, better just get 009 and be done with it 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back