= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Mar 7, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #15,482 of 21,179
How does HE560 pair with Burson amps specially Conductor? Great synergy or too bright?

Mar 8, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #15,484 of 21,179

I thought they were too bright & fatiguing

How does HE560 pair with Burson amps specially Conductor? Great synergy or too bright?

Not the greatest pairing - I preferred the Gustard H10 and the Burson as DAC only. The Burson is not bad at all but it doesn't bring out the best in the HE560. 

I still use the Burson Conductor for other headphones and as a DAC but prefer to put my 560 on the HE-Adapter and run it through the speaker amp. Much nicer, fuller and musical sounding. 

Cheers!

Mar 8, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #15,488 of 21,179

and power required to hit 110db

can't help your ears if you tend to listen at above 110db

It depends what you listen to. Dynamically compressed music will go a lot louder than it should, but you may find yourself running out of gain if you listen to classical with 30dB or more of dynamic range. It is not unusual for an orchestra to peak well above 110dB, but the average level may only be 80 - 85dB.

Also, remember that you automatically lose 6dB from a puny 1V source like an iPhone, but this shouldn't be an issue, since you're using the Mojo as DAC, right?

Mar 8, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #15,489 of 21,179
It depends what you listen to. Dynamically compressed music will go a lot louder than it should, but you may find yourself running out of gain if you listen to classical with 30dB or more of dynamic range. It is not unusual for an orchestra to peak well above 110dB, but the average level may only be 80 - 85dB.

Also, remember that you automatically lose 6dB from a puny 1V source like an iPhone, but this shouldn't be an issue, since you're using the Mojo as DAC, right?

indeed, just surprised that folks find mojo running out of steam with the he560. one might not like its sound profile which is understandable as it is not a rich/lush device but I can't recall going past blue light (around 3 volts) ever, even with hi bandwidth programme. saving up for a v280 or a Meier Corda eventually but in no hurry :wink:

Mar 8, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #15,490 of 21,179
indeed, just surprised that folks find mojo running out of steam with the he560. one might not like its sound profile which is understandable as it is not a rich/lush device but I can't recall going past blue light (around 3 volts) ever, even with hi bandwidth programme. saving up for a v280 or a Meier Corda eventually but in no hurry
wink.gif

The Tascam UH-7000 is a really good match for the HE-560.
And tho its not just a DAC-AMP, and its not exactly portable, it does offer true hi-end hi-res sound and plenty of power to drive the HE560s.
For $399, its nothing short of astounding sounding.

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #15,491 of 21,179
indeed, just surprised that folks find mojo running out of steam with the he560. one might not like its sound profile which is understandable as it is not a rich/lush device but I can't recall going past blue light (around 3 volts) ever, even with hi bandwidth programme. saving up for a v280 or a Meier Corda eventually but in no hurry :wink:

My Asgard 2 delivers one watt to the HE560's, but with some program material I may have the volume between 3 o'clock and max volume. Other tracks, I can't listen to much past 12 o'clock. Of course, the Asgard isn't delivering max output with those quieter tracks, but it's nice to have some play with the volume knob.

Mar 8, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #15,492 of 21,179
I have been looking for something else to try other than my T1's and HD650's and the HE-560's have peaked my interest. 
Given my existing HP's is the HE-560 a worth while thing to try? I don't want to overlap too much.

I have a Schiit Bifrost DAC and a Crack Amp as my DAC/AMP combo.

Interested in feedback on compatibility on those, and also what I might hope to secure a good condition second hand pair for? 
I am looking to secure one in the next 6 weeks.

Mar 8, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #15,493 of 21,179
  I have been looking for something else to try other than my T1's and HD650's and the HE-560's have peaked my interest. 
Given my existing HP's is the HE-560 a worth while thing to try? I don't want to overlap too much.

Interested in feedback on compatibility on those, and also what I might hope to secure a good condition second hand pair for? 

Are they the original T1s? I like the HE-560 better than the 2 generation T1, although it does have less bass amount and smaller soundstage.

Mar 8, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #15,494 of 21,179

I think the HE-560 would be worth it but you might want to find a second amp for them, the BH Crack works great with the T1 and HD-650 but not so much with the HE-560.  They were on sale for $695 a few months ago so I would think used ones would be a little less.  My GF got me an open box one last year for $675 IIRC, looked brand new, just the seal on the box was broken.

Mar 8, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #15,495 of 21,179

The Bottlehead Crack would not work very well with the 560. It's meant for high impedance phones like your 650. 
OTOH the Bottlehead SEX amp works great with the 560, 650 & T1 (yes, I've tried all of them). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back