= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Mar 4, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #15,451 of 21,175
Just finished listening to the man of steel soundtrack on the Mojo/560. All I can say is, Wow. This headphones reproduced this epic recording in all its glory. At some points in the music the drums and brass were so clear, large and visceral I was actually shocked by what I was experiencing through a headphone. I have not experienced this level of overwhelming sensations from a headphone since I put on my first real headphone, the hd600, many years ago.

Well done Hifiman and chord. Bravo!

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #15,453 of 21,175
Just finished listening to the man of steel soundtrack on the Mojo/560. All I can say is, Wow. This headphones reproduced this epic recording in all its glory. At some points in the music the drums and brass were so clear, large and visceral I was actually shocked by what I was experiencing through a headphone. I have not experienced this level of overwhelming sensations from a headphone since I put on my first real headphone, the hd600, many years ago.

Well done Hifiman and chord. Bravo!

Bavinck,

I have the Mojo-HE560 too so I know what you mean.

Now enjoying the guitar and voice of Eric Clapton's Wonderful Tonight (Slow Hand album).  The guitar and Eric sounds so real and live. 

Elton John's Rocket Man (Honky Chateau album) sounds excellent too.  

Rick

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #15,456 of 21,175
I didn't think it would out out enough either, but it sounds damn good man.

Might have to hear one at a meet soon, here's a breakdown of the internals. I find it hard to believe this will keep up with a full-blown headphone amp and some real big swelling music (orchestra) but you never know.

States 6 parallel transistors per channel:

Mar 4, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #15,458 of 21,175
As long as it sounds great...^^ I'd love some comparison with desktop setups though. Mojo would be a really nice solution for portability.

I would too. I got the 560 in a trade and don't have a desktop amp anymore. If someone compares the Mojo to something like the micro idsd I would sure be interested.

Mar 4, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #15,459 of 21,175
Bavinck,

I have the Mojo-HE560 too so I know what you mean.

Now enjoying the guitar and voice of Eric Clapton's Wonderful Tonight (Slow Hand album).  The guitar and Eric sounds so real and live. 

Elton John's Rocket Man (Honky Chateau album) sounds excellent too.  

Rick

Rocket man in particular sounds very nice.

Mar 4, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #15,461 of 21,175
It only says 720mw at 8ohms, so I think it's borderline for the 560's, depending on what you listen to and how loud you listen.

I agree on paper it doesn't look good. However, it sounds good to me. I would love someone more familiar than me with the 560 amped well to comment on the Mojo pairing.

Mar 5, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #15,462 of 21,175
I agree on paper it doesn't look good. However, it sounds good to me. I would love someone more familiar than me with the 560 amped well to comment on the Mojo pairing.

I am pretty sure there are people somewhere with planars, mojo, and full desktop amp. 
gs1000.gif

Mar 5, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #15,464 of 21,175
I heard the Mojo->Liquid Spark (prototype)->HEX at a meet...not the best place really for critical listening, noisy, short listen, but the combo made really nice music.

Mar 5, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #15,465 of 21,175
go_quote.gif
  I don't see how this little thing can output enough current but it is suppose to be the latest and greatest..

The chip is red... everybody knows that red things go faster :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back