Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion
Mar 8, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #11,897 of 14,386
Thank you for your replies guys. I bought these through the Hifiman store front on Amazon. Going to contact them and see if they can send a replacement cable.
Love the way these headphones sound!...that is when they don't cut out.

Mar 8, 2017 at 8:03 AM Post #11,898 of 14,386
Thank you for your replies guys. I bought these through the Hifiman store front on Amazon. Going to contact them and see if they can send a replacement cable.

Love the way these headphones sound!...that is when they don't cut out.

I'm sure they'll work with you.

A lot of people go right to a 3rd-party cable - I had to because the supplied cable is too short for my setup. That may not be an issue for you of course.

Mar 8, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #11,899 of 14,386
Just picked up a used set locally.  Was about to pull the trigger on the KTXX on Massdrop, but cancelled thinking I could do better for the money.   Hopefully the HE-400i will fulfill it's role as an all-around desktop headphone for music, movies, gaming.  Didn't get a chance to play with them yet, but already bought the Modmic 5 to add-on.   Whatever it does, it's got to be better than the Astro A40's.

Mar 8, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #11,903 of 14,386
Hifimesta, suosittelen!
smily_headphones1.gif

Not bad to have such place right under your nose there in Turku, congrats Mikko
normal_smile .gif
  A lot of interesting stuff there, seems people like it a lot   https://fi-fi.facebook.com/hifimesta/    

Mar 11, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #11,904 of 14,386
I'm thinking about ordering a pair of pads off ebay that appears to include the mounting rings as well.  Just wondering if anyone has ordered a pair off there and if they actually came with the mounting ring?

Mar 11, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #11,905 of 14,386
  Either make your own, or just buy a extension cable.  Can't find cheaper going this route.  8 Bucks for 25ft xlr cable and few bucks for the adapter.  

I love how people always suggest you make your own cabling, when most people have zero experience doing this and would have no idea where to even start 
rolleyes.gif

Yeah not digging the length either. Way too short and stiff. Can anyone recommend a decent cable that doesn't break the bank.

I use these with my he400i:

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/ImpactAudioCables

Awesome quality work and the price is decent. You get to choose which materials you want to use and how you want the cable to look. Only downside is that it's like a 3-4 week wait because the cables are basically "made to order".

Mar 11, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #11,906 of 14,386

I love how people always suggest you make your own cabling, when most people have zero experience doing this and would have no idea where to even start 
rolleyes.gif

I use these with my he400i:

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/ImpactAudioCables

Awesome quality work and the price is decent. You get to choose which materials you want to use and how you want the cable to look. Only downside is that it's like a 3-4 week wait because the cables are basically "made to order".

Hideeho
I have some in the mail from them right now. they should be here in a few days.

I looked seriously at building my own cables & found the price difference is not that great. To get similar quality wires, connectors, & para-cord covers, I would only save about $40 & have to sleeve & braid the cables my self. I made the decision that having someone else sleeve & braid 10' of cable for me is worth $40.

I may still end up trying it myself for my iems (shorter cord & probably won't use the para-cord cover) just to say I have done though :wink:. The only problem is I will probably end up ordering from impact anyway, after screwing it up...

Mar 11, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #11,907 of 14,386
Making cables is not hard and when you do build you own, you build it the way you like it.  Cable upgrades is the last thing you should upgrade anyways.  It has the least amount of improvement on the money you spend.  Once you start building up systems, building your own is the best way to save thousands of dollars in this crazy hobby.
There are plenty of videos how how to build anything nowadays. Not like back in the days when you had to spend money to learn something.  

Mar 11, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #11,908 of 14,386
  Hideeho
I have some in the mail from them right now. they should be here in a few days.

I looked seriously at building my own cables & found the price difference is not that great. To get similar quality wires, connectors, & para-cord covers, I would only save about $40 & have to sleeve & braid the cables my self. I made the decision that having someone else sleeve & braid 10' of cable for me is worth $40.

I may still end up trying it myself for my iems (shorter cord & probably won't use the para-cord cover) just to say I have done though :wink:. The only problem is I will probably end up ordering from impact anyway, after screwing it up...

Practice makes perfect

Making cables is not hard and when you do build you own, you build it the way you like it.  Cable upgrades is the last thing you should upgrade anyways.  It has the least amount of improvement on the money you spend.  Once you start building up systems, building your own is the best way to save thousands of dollars in this crazy hobby.
There are plenty of videos how how to build anything nowadays. Not like back in the days when you had to spend money to learn something.  

Agree with you about building your own cables, plus you get the satisfaction of using something you built

Users who are viewing this thread

Back