Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion
Aug 14, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #1,111 of 14,386
  If you get charged import duties/VAT taxed that would be utter crap. Aussies wouldn't need to worry though, we only get taxed if we import over $1000.

Yeah exactly I am not worried about import duties, I PMd a HiFiMAN rep and they said they would be in contact with more info ASAP

Aug 14, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #1,112 of 14,386

Depends what you seeking quantity or quality? in terms of quality HD650 is not shining already, so I guess HE400i would be better. I will receive them soon I hope and will comment further

cheers

Both really. Have you heard Fostex TH900? It's got a lot of quality bass that hits hard. I've been looking for a cheaper alternative to them but so far couldn't find any. :)

Aug 14, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #1,113 of 14,386
Very hard to get both. You almost always get more of the one and less of the other. Haven't really heard a headphone where both could be maximized without sacrificing something else... I tend to prefer more quality and less quantity if I have to choose. Of course, having both would be great 
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #1,114 of 14,386
  Both really. Have you heard Fostex TH900? It's got a lot of quality bass that hits hard. I've been looking for a cheaper alternative to them but so far couldn't find any. :)

Have you tried out the TH600? From what I have heard, they have VERY similar sound signatures.

Aug 14, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #1,115 of 14,386
I prefer quality over the whole frequency.
More quantity of bass necessarily mean less perceived midrange or/and less treble ...
In that sense I find the HE-560 perfect to my taste ...

Aug 14, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #1,116 of 14,386

Have you tried out the TH600? From what I have heard, they have VERY similar sound signatures.

No, it was out of stock. I will if I can get my hands on them. If it's 90% similar, it's enough to stop me from paying double. :)

Aug 14, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #1,117 of 14,386

No, it was out of stock. I will if I can get my hands on them. If it's 90% similar, it's enough to stop me from paying double. :)

I think jude did a review on them where he said he finds it hard to tell them apart unless he is A/Bing them right after one another. Might of been in the Summer Buyer's guide or something like that.

Aug 14, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #1,118 of 14,386
  I prefer quality over the whole frequency.
More quantity of bass necessarily mean less perceived midrange or/and less treble ...
In that sense I find the HE-560 perfect to my taste ...

TH900s are refined Denon D7000s. It's not a flat sound signature but it's very high quality bass. The best I've ever heard. Whilst listening to live music you can feel the bass as strong as mids and highs. So I don't find bass-shy headphones (such as AKG Q701) realistic in that regard.

Aug 14, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #1,121 of 14,386
Aug 14, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #1,122 of 14,386

This is text of an exchange I had with "teamHifIman via PM.
I hope that I am not posting anything that should not be public, but this all seems pretty non-threatening or trust betraying:

I am happy to have been selected, thank you very much.
Do you have all of the information that you need now from me?

You have mentioned sending a unit in a few days. So I can set my expectations, have you an estimate on when  might expect them?
What are the rules? I mean, how long will I have them for?
Will I be sending them on to another member?

Sorry for all of the questions, but this is the first one of these that I have taken part in.

Thank you again for selecting me and for your patience with me on this!

Phil

[img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/9/97/38x38px-ZC-97be64a3_HE560photo1Small.jpeg[/img]
TeamHiFiMAN
Aug 12, 2014 at 8:02 am

Hi Phil,
i believe that we have all the information we need. Our factory is preparing the package right now. Hopefully we can get them out this week. Will let you know once it is shipped.

We only ask that you share your impression and feedback of the headphone on head-fi and any other online forum you have access to. If you could do a detailed review, we would be really appreciated.

We don't want to set a time for how long you can have it, but i think one month should be good, right?

Yes, we do encourage participants to pass the headphone to another friend or relative who might be interested in good headphone. We only ask that you let us know his/her information before you do that. just so we can document this.

If you have any other question, please let us know.

Thanks!

Aug 14, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #1,125 of 14,386
Yes I shall give a good, detailed review, definitely will compare them to my other headphones and other audio equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back