Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion
Aug 13, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #1,096 of 14,386
When I got on reviewers list for this headphone, it showed up about a week later with no notice or tracking. So keep your eye out!!

Thanks for the information, I shall keep a eye out for them.

Aug 13, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #1,098 of 14,386
Does anyone know much on how the HiFiMan tours usually go down?

Haven't been given much info about it, I'm guessing I will get the info when I get the HP.

If it's anything like the HE-560 tour, you'll get the 400i for 1 week before you have to send it off to the next person (which you'd get that information from HiFiMan).  Unless, that is, you're the first person to get them (first in the list/line), in which case you get two weeks to allow for proper burn in of the model.  You'd be responsible for shipping if I'm not mistaken.  

Aug 14, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #1,101 of 14,386
Guys as far as I know we will each be getting a pair. There isn't a list of people in line waiting for the previous guy, Hifiman will be sending a unit to each of us at the same time. That's why we should all be on the lookout for the mailman.

I'm not sure how long we get, but I assume when we're done we send it back to Hifiman.

Aug 14, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #1,103 of 14,386
Shipping back to the US from AU's ouch!

Maybe they will let me buy the review pair they send me :D that way I save on shipping them back and then the shipping I would need if I bought them anyway.

Aug 14, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #1,104 of 14,386

Maybe they will let me buy the review pair they send me
biggrin.gif
that way I save on shipping them back and then the shipping I would need if I bought them anyway.

If it is international onward shipping to the next tester, HFM should pick up the tab or at least pay for it and then charge the tester. They get the shipping company huge discount which are usually 40% off of the rack rate.
I seriously cannot believe they make effectively free reviewers pay for the shipping.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 14, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #1,105 of 14,386

Maybe they will let me buy the review pair they send me :D that way I save on shipping them back and then the shipping I would need if I bought them anyway.

I would very much like the option to buy these cans, than have to pay for shipping them back and then back again.

Aug 14, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #1,106 of 14,386

Maybe they will let me buy the review pair they send me
biggrin.gif
that way I save on shipping them back and then the shipping I would need if I bought them anyway.

I think we'll be shipping back to China, not the US. Dunno if that makes things any better for you though!

One thing I'm curious about though, will be have to pay taxes upon receiving the headphones? We didn't pay for it so is it taxable?

Aug 14, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #1,110 of 14,386
If you get charged import duties/VAT taxed that would be utter crap. Aussies wouldn't need to worry though, we only get taxed if we import over $1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back