Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion
Feb 17, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #11,671 of 14,386
I use the Oppo pm3 for in the Go and Office, and am really happy with them , maybe you should try them :)

Yeah, heard them, they're quite nice, but I guess I'm after even more exorbitant, let's see what the Aeon brings to the table, and still need to hear Atticus&Eikon. Not in a hurry!

The THX00 is definitely not better controlled by any measure than the HE400i.  I don't know if the speed of the HE400i gives the illusion of accuracy or precision, but it's definitely a very different listening experience.

The THX00 is semi-open, so it still leaks some sound but nearly as much as true open headphones.

Yup, and the 400i seems to measure the same volume with inside the driver and behind the grill, not many headphones do that. The speed/attack of 400i is stupendous. I love it.

Feb 17, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #11,673 of 14,386
how would the HE560 compare to the current 400i? disregard the price tag, just the performance on the sound department, not biased reviews. anyone.

HE560 is too strident not just to my ear, but also to some other famous head-fiers. It's FR has even more peaks than the already peaky he400i. If you would like to upgrade, HE1000v2 is a much better choice --- even though the price is higher, you will get a better CP ratio.

Feb 17, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #11,675 of 14,386
HE560 is too strident not just to my ear, but also to some other famous head-fiers. It's FR has even more peaks than the already peaky he400i. If you would like to upgrade, HE1000v2 is a much better choice --- even though the price is higher, you will get a better CP ratio.

HEK has always sounded a bit boring to me, a wee bit too laid-back.
Wouldn't exactly be my first choice, if you'd be after some of the valued characteristics of 400i.

Feb 18, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #11,678 of 14,386
Hi,

Can someone provide a wiring diagram for fitting the plugs to the cable of the Hifiman HE-400I?
Someone wants to make me a cable but need to know hows everythings connected.
And i dont have any measuring tools.
Standard cable is 2 pole for left and right and a 4 pole connecting plug.

Feb 18, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #11,679 of 14,386
  Hi,

Can someone provide a wiring diagram for fitting the plugs to the cable of the Hifiman HE-400I?

I didn't know that the HE-400i came with a balanced cable and the only way you will find out the wiring is with a meter unless someone has checked this out but I haven't seen any mention of a balanced stock cable yet.

Feb 18, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #11,680 of 14,386
  Hi,

I didn't know that the HE-400i came with a balanced cable and the only way you will find out the wiring is with a meter unless someone has checked this out but I haven't seen any mention of a balanced stock cable yet.

You are right..
redface.gif

This is the one..http://store.hifiman.com/index.php/cables/crystalline-cable-3-5mm-trs-plug.html
My mistake..

Feb 18, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #11,681 of 14,386
Hi,

The stock cable has three pole (TRS) plugs in each ear. The tip is the positive, the middle ring is not connected and the ground is connected to the sleeve. TS plugs are fine for DIY cables.

Feb 18, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #11,682 of 14,386

You are right..
redface.gif

This is the one..http://store.hifiman.com/index.php/cables/crystalline-cable-3-5mm-trs-plug.html
My mistake..

The stock cable has three pole (TRS) plugs in each ear. The tip is the positive, the middle ring is not connected and the ground is connected to the sleeve. TS plugs are fine for DIY cables.

Hope the above answers your question on the wiring

Feb 18, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #11,683 of 14,386
 Originally Posted by Mikko Peltonen 

Quote:

Hope the above answers your question on the wiring

Great Guys,
Thank you both for helping and clarifying this..
smile.gif
 top!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back