Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch
Apr 6, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #2,956 of 3,091
HE-400i is on track for May delivery. I haven't seen or heard it since CES but Fang told me he is very happy with how it turned out. 

We will update you with more info as we have it.

Peter

Thanks for the update. Very encouraging! May is not too far away, I'm really looking forward to hearing more on its sound signature. We need some info to wet our appetites...

Apr 6, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #2,958 of 3,091
On the HE-560, latest report is that HiFiMAN is continuing to work on the ear cups to improve structural integrity. Might be an additional delay. That is all the info I have but will keep you posted. 

Peter

Ok thanks much Peter.

Sounds like the baffle work we were expecting, that's good news! Kudos to you guys improving even more!
Still hoping for a late April release then :wink:

Apr 6, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #2,960 of 3,091
VERY interested.
Anything new on a cable connection change?

Still SMA. The connectors have been angled a bit to rest more comfortably.

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #2,961 of 3,091
  HE-400i is on track for May delivery. I haven't seen or heard it since CES but Fang told me he is very happy with how it turned out. 

We will update you with more info as we have it.

Peter

hey but the 560 isnt even out yet.

hmm I dont know which one I want. I really want the soundstage of the 560 now that I have been hearing about it. I have enough equip to sell now for it. But the 400i may let  me get rid of an amp

Apr 6, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #2,962 of 3,091
Now that some of the dust is settling from the HE-560 it looks like the HE-400i hype train is getting ready to pull out of the station. We already know the HE-400i will be extremely comfortable, almost certainly better soundstage and hopefully less tizzy treble.

As long as it retains it's darker signature, HE-400 bass and mids tuned more towards the HE-500, this is definitely going to the be the HFM headphone for me...and those pads...
cool.gif

Apr 7, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #2,963 of 3,091
  Now that some of the dust is settling from the HE-560 it looks like the HE-400i hype train is getting ready to pull out of the station. We already know the HE-400i will be extremely comfortable, almost certainly better soundstage and hopefully less tizzy treble.

As long as it retains it's darker signature, HE-400 bass and mids tuned more towards the HE-500, this is definitely going to the be the HFM headphone for me...and those pads...
cool.gif

I don't think it makes sense ot say 'retain the HE-400 bass' or HE-500 mids because it's a whole different headphone with a different type of driver (single ended) and likely a very differing driver design. I won't expect it to retain HE-400 bass og HE-500 mids, it'll most likely be different than both. Whether it's better as good or worse, dunno. But it'll most likely be different to a significant degree..

Apr 7, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #2,965 of 3,091

I was thinking of picking up the  HE-400 this week since its down at $300, but since the 400i is coming out so soon im not sure.  Do you guys think it will be worth the $200 more?

+2

My thoughts exactly...

+3,

Ordered the HE-400, good for now, until the other phones are out!

Apr 7, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #2,966 of 3,091
   +2

My thoughts exactly...

I was thinking of picking up the  HE-400 this week since its down at $300, but since the 400i is coming out so soon im not sure.  Do you guys think it will be worth the $200 more?

That price has been steady, probably no need to rush until there are actual user reviews on the new one, at which point the old model will sell at yet a higher discount.

Apr 7, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #2,967 of 3,091
 I don't think it makes sense ot say 'retain the HE-400 bass' or HE-500 mids because it's a whole different headphone with a different type of driver (single ended) and likely a very differing driver design. I won't expect it to retain HE-400 bass og HE-500 mids, it'll most likely be different than both. Whether it's better as good or worse, dunno. But it'll most likely be different to a significant degree..

no but Imho it does make sense to be hopeful that it captures the good qualities of both. Tuning is the name of this game.

Apr 7, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #2,969 of 3,091
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but this style suspension can also be seen on the JPS Abyss headphones.

Does anyone know of any others? Not having tried this type, it does look comfortable.

Apr 7, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #2,970 of 3,091

no but Imho it does make sense to be hopeful that it captures the good qualities of both. Tuning is the name of this game.

That right there...no need to dash my hopes and dreams
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back