**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Oct 11, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #13,502 of 22,116
  I bought the velours and much prefer the stock pleathers - both comfort and sound wise. Probably because I'm a basshead

I was once a bass head many ages ago... 

I wonder when I started liking less bass? 

Oct 11, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #13,504 of 22,116
He-400 was when I started liking less bass, but I won't go lower than he400 bass and extension.

agree'd and even then I still EQ the bass on the HE 400 by like +3. 

But I do LOVE the Dt 880 bass[non eq'd] , for everything that is not EDM 

Oct 11, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #13,505 of 22,116
  I was once a bass head many ages ago... 

I wonder when I started liking less bass? 

When you got high fidelity headphones and were forced to acquire other genres of music to complement those headphones, and suddenly overly-present bass don't sound no good no more.

Oct 11, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #13,506 of 22,116
  agree'd and even then I still EQ the bass on the HE 400 by like +3. 

But I do LOVE the Dt 880 bass[non eq'd] , for everything that is not EDM 

Lol I think I'm a basshead and I leave the bass flat - it's PERFECT for me w/o EQ. I suppose I consider myself a basshead because I focus on the bass in the music often bc I do listen to so much electronic music. The velours took away that bass perfection from the pleathers that I was experiencing. 

Should I still do jerg btw? 

Oct 11, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #13,507 of 22,116
  I swear I think we all have the same EQ 

Here is mine again, I've changed it a little again 

boosted 50 hrz up +6 [I Need to get Easy Q working so I can get a deeper boost but what ever] upper mids boosted +6 as well, you guys know I hate anything around 150hrz as THAT frequancy is VERY WARM and THICK... I've found 5 songs to date that use that frequancy well, or rather 5 edm songs that use that well, again I do NOT like that frequancy... it's like Mud Bass imo, I ALWAYS eq it out of EVERY can I get, which gives me in INSTANTLY drier tighter bass. I only like that freq in what I consider "balanced" music, so ALL edm get's that freq CHOPPED out, everything that is not edm keeps to enjoy that thick warm Mid Bass SUPER low Mid wierdness 

so for the RECORD I do like sub bass 

following the configuration of Mshenay
I have to test it for a bit of time
at first listen does not seem bad ....
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 11, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #13,508 of 22,116
  Lol I think I'm a basshead and I leave the bass flat - it's PERFECT for me w/o EQ. I suppose I consider myself a basshead because I focus on the bass in the music often bc I do listen to so much electronic music. The velours took away that bass perfection from the pleathers that I was experiencing. 

Not if you don't want to be sued for sexual harassment 
eek.gif

Oct 11, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #13,510 of 22,116
  When you got high fidelity headphones and were forced to acquire other genres of music to complement those headphones, and suddenly overly-present bass don't sound no good no more.

I was lsitening to EVERYTHING music on my first pair of Sony XB 700s, classical jazz, Orechestral OSTs. Hell I listened to everything on those monsters, I got the DT 880s because I wanted my OST's to sound better, is why I ended up getting them, and as it turned out everything started to sound better 

I do think my EQ does give me as much bass as your Stock Pleathers 

following the configuration of Mshenay
I have to test it for a bit of time
at first listen does not seem bad ....
smily_headphones1.gif

pff, thanks much my friend, STILL any one know where or how I can get Easy Q to work in FooBar. I have such a hard time loading compents into my FooBar :/ 

that and do keep in mind I am Eq'ing with the J$money Pads ;3 

Not if you don't want to be sued for sexual harassment 
eek.gif

xD aww Jerg you don't like the extra LOVE your getting do u 

Oct 11, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #13,512 of 22,116
^No matter how much you eq velours, the bass won't sound like pleather bass

Oct 11, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #13,513 of 22,116
^No matter how much you eq velours, the bass won't sound like pleather bass

No my friend I have LEATHA Bass ;3 fudge that cheap stuff 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back