**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Oct 2, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #13,261 of 22,116
the cable white widow is a silver plated copper occ.
I'm tired of touching EQ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 2, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #13,262 of 22,116
  the cable white widow is a silver plated copper occ.
I'm tired of touching EQ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sadly eq makes more of a differance than cables do, I still eq with Silver Copper Hybrid Cables and J$money Pads my self 

Oct 2, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #13,265 of 22,116

Cables hardly make any difference, snake oil..

lawl that avatar. They make a little improvement, but again hardly worth the price. Eq is cheaper and far more effective. But if you can't eq then snake oil it is! 

Oct 2, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #13,266 of 22,116

lawl that avatar. They make a little improvement, but again hardly worth the price. Eq is cheaper and far more effective. But if you can't eq then snake oil it is! 

I get the appeal of cables though, I mean it would be awesome if cable rolling would magically fix the HE-400's treble or whatever, but I get the feeling it's all just placebo. EQ + jergpad is the way to go imo..

Oct 2, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #13,267 of 22,116

I get the appeal of cables though, I mean it would be awesome if cable rolling would magically fix the HE-400's treble or whatever, but I get the feeling it's all just placebo. EQ + jergpad is the way to go imo..

it's not a placebo. Don't be so closed minded, but it's marginal. If you even are to listen for those tiny little changes there are some. Again worth the price, depends really.

I might snag some JergPads one day, to broke atm 

Oct 2, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #13,268 of 22,116

it's not a placebo. Don't be so closed minded, but it's marginal. If you even are to listen for those tiny little changes there are some. Again worth the price, depends really.

I might snag some JergPads one day, to broke atm 

Being close minded has it's benefits..  More money in my pockets
cool.gif

Oct 2, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #13,269 of 22,116

Being close minded has it's benefits..  More money in my pockets
cool.gif

lawl dat face, I think you mean more money for Lip Cream, that expression must get painful after some time my friend! 

Oct 2, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #13,270 of 22,116

lawl dat face, I think you mean more money for Lip Cream, that expression must get painful after some time my friend!

Not sure if you're joking or not but that avatar is Andy Samberg from Saturday Night Live fame.

Oct 2, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #13,273 of 22,116
Oct 2, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #13,275 of 22,116
Hey guys, I'm currently rocking a pair of ATH-ES10 portables and I'm hugely satisfied with them. As it seems that I've hit the potable limit for sound quality from what I've been reading, I want to get myself a pair of full size open back headphones for home use. The first headphone that came into my mind were the HE-400's as I can remember reading up on them and being interested in their sound signature.

I'm looking for something with a noticeable improvement in SQ over my ES10's while staying within the type of sound signature that I like. That being a strong impactful bass, sweat mids and sparkly highs. I'm hoping that the open back would provide an improvement in sound-stage also. Improved details is another thing that I would like to experience.

My question is, would I get what I want from the HE-400's or would it be a better idea to save up a bit more money for something like the LCD-2 v2? Just to make it clear, that I'm the type of listener who likes to "feel" the music as well as hear it - but at the same time I'm wanting an improvement over the ATH-ES10's in detail and sound-stage.

So to summarise: I'm looking for something with power and smoothness while retaining good detail and speed (which is the reason I'm leaning towards Ortho's).

Any help will be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back