**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Mar 12, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #8,538 of 22,116
Anyone know how to get small scratches out?
I was rubbing off the Hifiman HE-400 on the side and left some scratch marks on one of the sides
They have no depth to them, but are visible when you put it under light

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #8,540 of 22,116
Quote:
They sound great. Noticed an improvement in female vocals immediately over the velours (which wasn't something I was expecting) while listening to Eclipse/Blue by Nosaj Thing.

Immensely comfortable as well. So deep and soft.

Nice song, I really like that album. Nosaj Thing is awesome.

The pads are indeed extremely comfortable. I never really found the HE-400's particularly comfortable before I had them(still not uncomfortable just nothing special), but now they're really comfortable.

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #8,541 of 22,116
Ok, so I just took one earpad off to see how easy it was and can't get the last flap clicked back under the rim. Any tips? I don't want to force it too much as it feels like it''l break the ring.

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #8,542 of 22,116
Quote:
Ok, so I just took one earpad off to see how easy it was and can't get the last flap clicked back under the rim. Any tips? I don't want to force it too much as it feels like it''l break the ring.

It feels painful but you just have to manhandle it. Give it one good push inwards and then down. I've found that trying to go about it gently just makes it take more tries, making it more likely you screw up a clip before you break the ring IMO.

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #8,543 of 22,116
Quote:
It feels painful but you just have to manhandle it. Give it one good push inwards and then down. I've found that trying to go about it gently just makes it take more tries, making it more likely you screw up a clip before you break the ring IMO.

Ok, I'll give a go at "manhandling" it lol. If it breaks I'll be pissed.

Edit: Just did it and it worked. Thanks.

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #8,544 of 22,116

Push on the outer edge of the ring or slightly above it on the material with one finger.

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #8,546 of 22,116
Quote:
Ok, I'll give a go at "manhandling" it lol. If it breaks I'll be pissed.

Edit: Just did it and it worked. Thanks.

Haha, good to hear. I should have put a "not responsible for what may occur during said manhandling" disclaimer in that post.

Since the dust cover has a decent amount of give, I've also found it helpful to get my finger behind the clip and lift the inner part of the ring up a little bit as I push inwards and down at the outer part. It angles the clip just a little bit, if that makes sense..

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #8,547 of 22,116
Quote:

Just like Matt recommended in OP, try using a credit card, should work quite well for getting the last one in.

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #8,548 of 22,116
Quote:
What's the bass like with these pads? I have a pair at home but haven't fitted them yet.

Bass improves with the J$ pads, I like them a lot. Although jergpads may sound better overall, I think I prefer the comfort on the J$, as that's part of the factor for me.
Edit: Sorry, maybe I should elaborate a bit. I think the impact and quantity of bass is the change I noticed the most.

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #8,550 of 22,116

Users who are viewing this thread

Back