**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Feb 4, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #6,902 of 22,116
^^ Are you planning to get a torch? 
size]

Feb 4, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #6,904 of 22,116
Quote:
If I find a cheap one!

For soldering ofcourse, that's not that weird is it? :p

If you do, avoid the propane torches.  Spend about $15.00 more and go for the MAPP gas variety.  A 5,300 (F) degree flame temperature.  Soldering copper pipes is a dream with MAPP as the joints are quick to "sweat" with the higher temp. gas.  I've done plenty of bathroom renovations and even all the plumbing in my own basement.  Now, for the funny part, a few years ago, we were celebrating a birthday and didn't have matches. So, I brought out the torch to get the first candle lit, so we could use it to light the others.  I had to be careful and just get about 1" from the wick and she was all fired up. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #6,906 of 22,116
Quote:
Could anyone with a new set of HE-400's tell me if they ship with velour pads? I thought I heard somewhere that the HE-400's ship with both pads now.

Thanks!

I think it depends on where you buy them. Headamp.com includes both. I just ordered a few days ago. The pleathers are installed, but you can swap them for the included velours.

Feb 5, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #6,907 of 22,116
Quote:
I think it depends on where you buy them. Headamp.com includes both. I just ordered a few days ago. The pleathers are installed, but you can swap them for the included velours.

Yup, I can confirm this as I purchased mine from headamp.com a few weeks ago.  Best place to buy them from IMO...quick shipping and excellent service from Justin - he is a good guy to work with!

Feb 5, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #6,909 of 22,116
Quote:

If you do, avoid the propane torches.  Spend about $15.00 more and go for the MAPP gas variety.  A 5,300 (F) degree flame temperature.  Soldering copper pipes is a dream with MAPP as the joints are quick to "sweat" with the higher temp. gas.  I've done plenty of bathroom renovations and even all the plumbing in my own basement.  Now, for the funny part, a few years ago, we were celebrating a birthday and didn't have matches. So, I brought out the torch to get the first candle lit, so we could use it to light the others.  I had to be careful and just get about 1" from the wick and she was all fired up. 
biggrin.gif

So you're saying I should get a torch, because it can help me during those social gatherings? ;p

Anyway thanks for the advice, and see Matt, I'm not that weird!

Feb 5, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #6,910 of 22,116
Originally Posted by stereolab /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Could anyone with a new set of HE-400's tell me if they ship with velour pads? I thought I heard somewhere that the HE-400's ship with both pads now.

Thanks!

Ordered mine from HeadRoom about three weeks ago.. it ships with only the pleathers.. I added the velours at the time of order ($10).

Feb 5, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #6,914 of 22,116
I have added a small FAQ section to the original post to help those who are curious about buying the he400 or already have a pair but have questions. Please note that this is a work in progress. 
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back