**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Jan 27, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #6,361 of 22,116
Quote:
Okamoto, those tube amps seem to favor higher impedance if youre getting such a low amount of power at 32ohm. I would look into something that favors higher current, low impedance which would be better suited for planar magnetics. Maybe OTL tube amps? I will eventually get one too, not too expensive.

Any particular model in mind?

The only one i know is the Bottlehead Crack, but it seems it also favors higher impedance cans.

Jan 27, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #6,362 of 22,116
I dunno, as I never really looked into tube amps outside of maybe the toy ones on ebay (Bravo V2), and the Lyr.

I'm sure someone can help you though. I'm also not sure if OTL tube amps favor low or high impedance.

Jan 27, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #6,364 of 22,116
Quote:
This sweet, bouncy track sounds fantastic.. especially through the HE-400!

L3000.gif
 I like! Link me some more! 

Jan 27, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #6,365 of 22,116
Quote:
I dunno, as I never really looked into tube amps outside of maybe the toy ones on ebay (Bravo V2), and the Lyr.

I'm sure someone can help you though. I'm also not sure if OTL tube amps favor low or high impedance.

In the bottlehead crack manual, as well as on its description on the site, it's saying it's recommended to use it with >100Ohm cans.

Maybe they didn't take low impedance orthodynamics into consideration, i don't know. I know nothing about OTL amps.

Jan 27, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #6,367 of 22,116
Any matrix m-stage love here? I love my m-stage for it's colored/warm sound. That might be what Okamoto is looking for. Has anyone tried this pairing as I'm interested as well. I plan on getting the he-400's soon.  I don't mean to barge in here, but I've been eyeing this thread for a while.   I suspect it to be the cause of my overwhelming desire to get the he-400.

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #6,372 of 22,116
Does it ever! my old trance collection has new life. I hadn't heard it in years and i mean 5+ and now it sounds better than ever. Man, trance from 1998-2005 was incredible. 

Got any examples of older trance?

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #6,374 of 22,116
Quote:
Electronic music is not really my thing, but i enjoyed a lot some Daft Punk album called "Discovery" with the HE-400's, specially the track called "Voyager". Really good song.

That album is fantastic! Sounds great in FLAC. 

I do and I will post some for you. but how do i embed a youtube link so its not just a link and it plays from this page?  "a image url" ?

I just copy the link and press 'link' in the editor. I'm not sure how to embed it, I've never tried. 

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #6,375 of 22,116
Quote:
That album is fantastic! Sounds great in FLAC. 

I just copy the link and press 'link' in the editor. I'm not sure how to embed it, I've never tried. 

Ya, that just posts the link. I wanted to  embed the youtube video in the thread so you can play it right from here, But i don't know how as I never have do it before…but I have seen it in threads.

Edit: figured it out I think…insert video! lol ……makes sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Back