**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Dec 7, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #15,033 of 22,116
For all the new owners- you really, seriously should invest 10 bucks and get velours. I thought they were great with pleathers, but damn once I put the velours on I haven't touched the pleathers since. In fact, I think I may have lost them.

I wouldn't say they transform the HE-400s into a whole other headphone ...but they do seem to tighten up the bass and create a greater sense of airiness (my guess is they are more firm and push them further away from your head) They are also certainly more comfortable than the pleathers too. And that's well worth the price.

Just my 2 cents, I know the pleather/velour/jerg discussion will never end. BTW, I wouldn't mind trying out some jergs, I'm just too lazy to make some. If someone wants to sell me a pair PM me!
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #15,035 of 22,116
Sure, that's just my opinion. My point is for $10 bucks, it's a really good investment. If you don't like them, your not out much. Not like a $100 pair of vegan pads...which is absurd, IMO.

Dec 7, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #15,041 of 22,116
  I'm the guy on that treadmill scratching his dome and creating a blizzard.   Nah.. but yea the velours are dust magnets. Pleather and leather is just easier to clean.

lol, I wasn't singling out anybody
tongue.gif
but yeah, I suppose that's one drawback of the velours...they do get dusty from time to time, but a few flicks with my finger usually takes care of any visible specks pretty easily. No tape required.

Dec 8, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #15,044 of 22,116
What are modded pleathers? Halfway done jergpads?

Pretty much. I just cut the holes on the inside and didn't do any of the other parts. I might get around to doing the velour outer layer part at some point, since having holes on the outside too seems like it could make a difference. I just haven't really felt the urge to sit down and do it yet. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back