Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Nov 10, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #16 of 4,142
Can't wait for the reviews.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #17 of 4,142
Gonna be a tough decision weather to go for the HE-4 or pick up a used HE-5 when the owners move to the HE-6 and start dumping off HE-5 in the FS forum.

Nov 10, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #19 of 4,142

Quote:
Gonna be a tough decision weather to go for the HE-4 or pick up a used HE-5 when the owners move to the HE-6 and start dumping off HE-5 in the FS forum.

Not a tough decision at all. Just save up and buy an HE-6 yourself, then you won't have to eventually sell your HE-4 or HE-5 to buy it..

Nov 10, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #20 of 4,142
They got rid of half the magnets inside an HE-5LE. I wonder if they are using the same diaphragm pattern as the HE-5LE and simple removed magnets from one side, or created a new pattern with magnets placed further away from each other. Either way, this is going to be harder to drive...

Nov 21, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #30 of 4,142
I got to listen to HE-5 LE's yesterday at the White Plains meet. I'm pretty bent out of shape. They were really good. I know I'd need a better  and more powerful amp, but I could make do for now. I plugged them into my setup and they did work. I will not buy a set new, they're just too much. If the HE-4 are very close, I would consider it. I'm waiting for reviews! If HE-5 LE's show up used for a similar price, I'd probably bite the bullet and buy them instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back