HiFiMan HE-300 Coming Soon!
Mar 16, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #871 of 926
Just ordered some he-300! Hopefully it comes fast but standard usps shipping+living in Hawaii=at least 7 days. I cant wait that long!

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #872 of 926
Just got these today about 30 minutes ago. Finally after that long week it's finally here. I thought these better have been worth the wait.

I got the newest rendition of these packaged in a cardboard box rather than a wooden one and it came with the silver plated cable. The headphones are a bit heavier than any other headphones i've had in the past but isn't too bad.There isn't a lot of clamping force but the pads could be more plush.

The cable doesn't seem very durable and the strain reliefs seem pretty stiff too so im worried about that. It also makes a lot of cable noise.

I then played some music straight out of my Clip+ with FLAC files. As I go through more tracks a smile appears on my face as i realize this is almost the sound i've been looking for. The only thing about the sound right now is i would prefer the mids a bit more forward as i'm a midrange junkie but it's still present and nice. I'll go into more detail later.

Also these don't leak much sound at all for an open back headphone.

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #873 of 926
Would be interested to see what you think after you have had time to burn them in for a while. Who knows, those mids you like may get a lot better with 20-30 hours of break-in time.

Mar 28, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #874 of 926
Mar 28, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #875 of 926
Quote:
Hello there, I am new here and like to start with a probably simply (or maybe not) question.

Could you guys tell me if these are Rev.3 or Rev.2? http://www.madooma.com/shopHP/neu_hifiman/HiFiMAN_HE-300_dynamischer_Hi-End_Kopfhoerer_HE300.html

as audioKyle just got his HE300 how do you think they go with music genres such as electronic and downtempo.
For example some of these tracks maybe: https://soundcloud.com/moon_music e.g. https://soundcloud.com/moon_music/crystals

Those are the Rev. 3 that you have linked. The same rev. i have. 

As far as the music you linked to it works well for it. I wouldn't say it's the best though since for music and genres like these i would think some more sub-bass would be desirable. Not to say the bass is lacking on the he-300's since it is relatively bassy for a open headphone, it's just not totally ideal for these genre's. They play it fine though and it sounds pretty good. It's nice and spacious sounding which I found fun for this music.

Mar 29, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #876 of 926
Alright, thanks for the information!

Another thing that has been mentioned in another forum is that there is a lot of resonance in the outer ear/shell of the headphones. What's your take on that, any truth to it?

Mar 29, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #877 of 926
Alright, thanks for the information!

Another thing that has been mentioned in another forum is that there is a lot of resonance in the outer ear/shell of the headphones. What's your take on that, any truth to it?

Well I'm not the most educated on this but their might be some resonance in the headphone. It doesn't feel really open like the hd 598 or sr225i for example. For an open back headphone they isolate well and don't leak that much sound. For me I didn't notice any unwanted or at least intrusive resonances. But yet again I'm not the most well versed in this sort of really technical stuff.

Apr 3, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #878 of 926
Am I the only one enjoying these? It's been pretty quite here lately.

Apr 4, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #879 of 926
I might buy them again sometime. I think the pair I bought had quality control issues. The bass wasn't there at while the midrange sounded too shouty. Do you have the silver cable for these or the cardas black speaker wire?

Apr 4, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #880 of 926
I might buy them again sometime. I think the pair I bought had quality control issues. The bass wasn't there at while the midrange sounded too shouty. Do you have the silver cable for these or the cardas black speaker wire?

I have the silver cable. As it is right now the treble could be toned down a bit but i like darker sounding headphones. These hifimans are still the best headphones that ive owned.

Apr 12, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #881 of 926
The more I read about these, the more interested I am in them.

I just wish there was somewhere local I could try them out to see if they're right for me.  People seem to like them, though, and I don't see any used ones for sale (seems like a good sign, I suppose).

May 4, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #882 of 926
I picked up mine used for $150 here on Head-Fi and I actually think they sound great. The bass is so nice, my fiancee' uses them as her main headphones while I use the HE-400.

We painted hers pink recently, here's some pics!

May 6, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #883 of 926
the he 300 looks like a great headphone if i can get the he 300 for less than $200 usd . who is selling the he 300 for the lowest price ?

also --- is there any more news on the closed back planar headphone ( whatever they are calling it ) ?

thanks

doggrell3000
new york ny

May 8, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #884 of 926
What's the difference between the revisions?  I know rev 2 had newer drivers..  what's rev 3?  silver cable instead of black cardas and the lack of the box?  I have to say, the wooden box looks very nice from pics of it I've seen.  also, sup audiokyle, I'm also on oahu

May 8, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #885 of 926
What's the difference between the revisions?  I know rev 2 had newer drivers..  what's rev 3?  silver cable instead of black cardas and the lack of the box?  I have to say, the wooden box looks very nice from pics of it I've seen.  also, sup audiokyle, I'm also on oahu

Revision 1 is said to have a wierd wonky sound. Revision two improved the sound and came with a easier to manage cable. Revision 3 comes with a silver cable and and no wooden box.

Also nice to see another head-fier on Oahu!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back