HiFiMan HE-300 Coming Soon!
May 14, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #901 of 926
Quote:

Yeah, I've dealt with JR before and they are great, but I can't believe they are not recognizing the price mistake. Maybe when they actually create another order from HiFiman, they'll see what's going on.

Maybe its not a mistake
biggrin.gif
.  Wishful thinking though.

May 15, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #903 of 926
Thats awesome to hear... It looks like JR is gonna come through on this one.  Also, I just noticed that JR has just listed the Hifiman 601 for 50 bucks, but also temporarily out of stock... I'm starting to think its not a mistake and they're trying to clear stock of these for some reason.  Perhaps they're about to be discontinued real soon?

http://www.jr.com/hifiman/pe/HIF_HM601/

May 15, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #904 of 926
The mini coaxial connectors stick out so far that they push against the top of my desk when I hang these from my nice headphone stand.  What do you guys use to hang these from?  Or is there some kind of case I could lay them down in?  I wouldn't mind a diy headphone "bed" of some kind if anyone knows a box that woudl work perfectly

May 16, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #906 of 926
Quote:
J&R is a fine retailer but they are not an authorized HiFiMAN dealer. We have no idea where they are getting this product or if it is even genuine.

Peter Hoagland

So they haven't placed any orders with you? This is weird.

May 16, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #908 of 926
JR has been a reputable dealer of audio equipment for quite a long time. This is surprising information for sure. The price was so good that warranty or other didn't even enter into my decision making.

May 17, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #911 of 926
I got mine from jr.com  The card that came with mine had two numbers on it.. are they for the individual drivers?   these are the numbers, I'd appreciate if hifiman could give me any info I need to know about it 

May 17, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #912 of 926
J&R has not placed any orders with HiFiMAN. We know them and have great respect for their business. However they have not signed on as a HiFiMAN dealer so we have no idea what they are offering.

I asked Fang and he has no knowledge of it either. I am contacting J&R to ask them about it.

I did notice J&R was also showing a HiFiMAN car audio amp. It is actually a HiFonics and it was simply mislabeled.

Peter Hoagland

May 17, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #913 of 926
Well, considering people have already received HE-300s for the $100, I'm not too worried about the order I placed. Seems like way too much work to fake a HiFiMan-style headphone/DAP, for one. I guess the other alternative would be ill-gotten items? Wouldn't really make sense from them.

I will probably not do business with them again though, if they charge me and do not ship the product, given that most places would wait to actually charge my card until shipping. 

May 17, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #914 of 926
Quote:
Well, considering people have already received HE-300s for the $100, I'm not too worried about the order I placed. Seems like way too much work to fake a HiFiMan-style headphone/DAP, for one. I guess the other alternative would be ill-gotten items? Wouldn't really make sense from them.

I will probably not do business with them again though, if they charge me and do not ship the product, given that most places would wait to actually charge my card until shipping. 

Depending on how you paid, it could be against policy and/or the law...

I know it's against Visa/Mastercard policy to charge a customer card prior to shipment...

May 18, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #915 of 926
So the plot thickens...  It looks like JR removed the listings for both items, but I was still sent a backorder notice for the he-300s.  Maybe they'll come through... maybe they won't... but I find it strange they didn't outright cancel the order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back