HiFiMan HE-300 Coming Soon!
Aug 23, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #348 of 926

Quote:
The new cable comes with the HE-300 if you order it. It's still crazy thick and heavy but durable.

I got mine last week and I am loving it.
beyersmile.png

It may be heavy, but like you said, very durable and I actually like it a lot.

Aug 23, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #349 of 926
The cable that comes with the HE-300 now is the one Austin got as a replacement. That's the stock cable that ships with the phones. 

Aug 23, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #351 of 926

Quote:
I went a head and got a Black Dragon V2 5ft 1/4 furutech 1/4 plug.  I had this cable with my denons and its flexibla enough for me.  If I like the cable it comes with I'll just send it back... but I most likely wont because I like the sound signature it has.

How heavy is the black Dragon? Is it microphonic?

Aug 23, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #352 of 926
I'd pretty much decided to go with the HE-300 over an HD650 and have been waiting for the ear pads to be replaced, but the more I think about it this whole cable thing might be a deal breaker for me. I am a semi newb, but I do understand that many people re-cable their headphones. I just can't get my mind around the idea of buying a $300 set of headphones that I might have to immediately spend $150 or more to re-cable. I get that the stock cable will probably work fine, but the thick gauge of the cable bugs me and it seems like a pretty clunky and odd design choice.

I love the reviews I've seen, but the cable, along with the ear pads thing, sort of gives me the feeling that I'm not getting a really well-designed and manufactured product. Am I making too much out of this?

Aug 23, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #353 of 926
Compaired to a speaker cable?  Not heavy at all.  Heres a link to the cable I ordered.  The options are near the bottom as to what connection you want for what HP's are available and the length of the cable and the terminating side. 
I've ordered from Moon audio a few times already and Drew is a nice guy to work with. 

http://www.moon-audio.com/audio-cables/moon-audio-headphone-cables/moon-audio-black-dragon-v2-headphone-cable.html

In fact thats where I'll most likely order my LCD-2 from WHEN I have the money. 
They have the bluedragon which a bit more warm.  The black dragon which have nice detail, and the silver dragon....not too sure what that one does.  But than again I only asked about the blue and black cables. 

Quote:
How heavy is the black Dragon? Is it microphonic?

Aug 23, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #354 of 926

Quote:
I love the reviews I've seen, but the cable, along with the ear pads thing, sort of gives me the feeling that I'm not getting a really well-designed and manufactured product. Am I making too much out of this?

It's a heavy, bulky cable and there's a lot of it. Seems like a mile long hose. I'm using an RW Audio cable and I'm also using my HE-5LE cable. You can always order another cable. Don't let the cable stop you from going for the HE-300.

Aug 24, 2011 at 4:04 AM Post #357 of 926
I delayed shipping in order to receive them with the new earpads (I'm assuming I will have to pay for earpads separately).

Aug 24, 2011 at 4:09 AM Post #359 of 926

Quote:
Did you ask them to do that?  When are the new pads quoted to be released?

Yes I asked them to do it. I read they will be released sometime this week for 15$ per earpad.

Aug 24, 2011 at 4:14 AM Post #360 of 926
Wow just my luck than.  If they are being released this week maybe they are holding my shipment to replace my pads instead.  I think Im just having high hopes at this point but it would be nice.  Was there any word of them actually replacing the ear pads with the older ones or they will be a separate purchase?  

Quote:
Yes I asked them to do it. I read they will be released sometime this week for 15$ per earpad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back