HiFiMan HE-300 Coming Soon!
Aug 14, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #273 of 926
Thanks man you've got six pack of beer.

I needed to know if they don't smear guitars. I think rock is quite difficult to reproduce well, and I'm looking for headphones that don't sound blurry or fatiguing. I think HE 300 are strong competitor here. Looking forward for more impressions.

Aug 14, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #274 of 926
I've decided...that the HE-300 will be my next headphone! I'll order one as soon as I deposit my paycheck. Or after I figure out what this "new earpad" thing is all about.

Aug 14, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #275 of 926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loevhagen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
- Infected Mushroom "Vicious Delicious"
- Anders Widmark "Waiting for a Train"
- The Rippingtons "Let it Rip"
- Leonhard Cohen "Ten New Songs"
- Kirk Franklin "Hello Fear"
- Josh Turner "Your Man"
- Basshunter "Now you're gone"
- Jennifer Warnes "Famous Blue Raincoat"
- Stanley Clarke "East River Drive"
-a-ha "Ending on a High Note"

Great taste in music! Very diverse! 
smile.gif

Quote:
I needed to know if they don't smear guitars. I think rock is quite difficult to reproduce well, and I'm looking for headphones that don't sound blurry or fatiguing. I think HE 300 are strong competitor here. Looking forward for more impressions.

After reading the comments thus far, I'm getting the idea that these will sound like the old Grados with flats, but with a more spacious sound.

I should know myself by tomorrow or Tuesday.

Aug 14, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #277 of 926

Quote:
Loevhagen, thank you for your impressions. Do you think the HE-300 excels with classical/orchestral music?

I love listening to classical music on the HE-300, very easy to.

Aug 15, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #280 of 926

Quote:
After reading the comments thus far, I'm getting the idea that these will sound like the old Grados with flats, but with a more spacious sound.

I should know myself by tomorrow or Tuesday.

I thought exactly the same way about these. Still waiting for more impressions, but it looks like I found my next cans. Only wondering if ef2 is good enough for them.

Aug 15, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #281 of 926
My pair apparently have arrived but since I wasn't home, I gotta go pick them up from the DHL office. 

Aug 15, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #282 of 926
Shot Fang an email about a replacement cable. I already have a Q-Audio one coming soon anyway. Yay! Looks like the Audez'e, but it;s for the HE series!

Aug 15, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #283 of 926
The cables seem so thick for HE-300, I'm likely to want to get something a little easier to deal with but I've never bought cables and those Q-Audio cables seem pretty pricey. Are there any cables out there that would work well with the HE-300 in the $100 or under range?

Aug 15, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #284 of 926
Anybody seen my video yet? Here is the unboxing,,,,in HD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back