Hifiman HE-1000 coming
Jan 13, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #256 of 446
  That's the thing with CES booths and their audio set ups. They focus on jazz, female vocals, almost everyone has Hotel California playing on repeat.

Sorry, I just laughed out loud at this statement, because it's so true.
biggrin.gif

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #258 of 446
But Hotel California is neither jazz nor female vocals.....

There she stood in the doorway; 
I heard the mission bell 
And I was thinking to myself 
'This could be heaven or this could be hell' 
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way 
There were voices down the corridor, 
I thought I heard them say 

Jan 13, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #259 of 446
http://www.head-fi.org/t/750540/new-york-mini-meet-hifiman-he1000-headphones-ef1000-amplifiers-jan-17-and-18-after-2pm#post_11217214

Hifiman will show off the new flagship HE1000 headphone and EF1000 headphone amp setup in NYC. Welcome headfiers and anybody who want to come and listen. Please reply this post so that I will be able to contact you. Thanks a lot.  

Source: HIFIMAN HM901S and HIFIMAN Dock-1
Amp: HIFIMAN EF1000
Headphone: HIFIMAN HE1000

Time: Jan 17 and 18th, 2PM to 6PM

Attendee:
Fang
David Chesky
Steve Guttenburg
FrankI
bozebuttons

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jan 13, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #261 of 446
Hmm...I wonder how much a cheap ticket from GA to NY would be. :rolleyes:

I am so tempted lol, however I need to watch over my mom, who has Alzheimer's. Will just have to be content to listening to my Alpha Prime's for now.

Jan 13, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #262 of 446
  Hmm...I wonder how much a cheap ticket from GA to NY would be.
rolleyes.gif

A metric buttload less than the cost of the HE1000 would be my guess
wink_face.gif

I am wondering if we are seeing some marketing games from HiFiMan - media splash to announce the release, lots of pics, let some reviewers fondle the goods and build the hype - but no pricing info. I hope I am wrong, but this suggests to me that the pricing for this headphone might be hefty - as in "Abyss hefty".

All mindless speculation at this point, of course.

Jan 13, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #263 of 446

A metric buttload less than the cost of the HE1000 would be my guess
wink_face.gif

I am wondering if we are seeing some marketing games from HiFiMan - media splash to announce the release, lots of pics, let some reviewers fondle the goods and build the hype - but no pricing info. I hope I am wrong, but this suggests to me that the pricing for this headphone might be hefty - as in "Abyss hefty".

All mindless speculation at this point, of course.

Seems unlikely, as someone from Hifiman stated that they always aim to give good value and that we'd be surprised how "cheap" the HEK's will be. My guess is somewhere between 1,5-2k. If they are more expensive than LCD3 their statement about value flies straight out of window.

Jan 13, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #264 of 446

Seems unlikely, as someone from Hifiman stated that they always aim to give good value and that we'd be surprised how "cheap" the HEK's will be. My guess is somewhere between 1,5-2k. If they are more expensive than LCD3 their statement about value flies straight out of window.

I very much hope that is right and I am dead wrong. In fact, the more wrong I am the happier I will be.

The only numbers I have heard are "more than 2,500" for the headphone itself, and also have heard that the HE1000 + EF1000 system is a "5 figure" rig - putting it into SR009 + BHSE territory in terms of cost.

All very speculative and not very meaningful until HiFiMan release some official numbers.

Jan 13, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #265 of 446
I'm sure the quality of sound and the headphone are great.

Count the number of posts where the ugly looks are mentioned and you know you need to change the "designer looks" asap.
Get rid of your industry "fashion designers" from Boston. They have done you a terrible job advising these looks.

Jan 13, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #266 of 446
I actually don't mind the looks. I find them... exclusive :)

Jan 13, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #267 of 446
  I'm sure the quality of sound and the headphone are great.

Count the number of posts where the ugly looks are mentioned and you know you need to change the "designer looks" asap.
Get rid of your industry "fashion designers" from Boston. They have done you a terrible job advising these looks.

People will always prefer one type of looks over the other, if you don't like it, don't buy it, if you're buying something as an accessory, that's your problem, these headphones are supposed to sound good, not look good, even though honestly, they look kick ass.

And better yet, go get your Beats.

Jan 13, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #268 of 446
Everybody can have their own opinion about their looks.

This happy owner of an HE-6, HE-500 and HE-560 will skip the HE-1000. I pass on being the next Princess Leia.
People with this headphone on their heads look like.... <redacted>

Just lets say that it's good that you won't be seen by other people when wearing the HE-1000 ....

(which is a shame because I would really love to buy the next flagship model)

Jan 13, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #269 of 446

People will always prefer one type of looks over the other, if you don't like it, don't buy it, if you're buying something as an accessory, that's your problem, these headphones are supposed to sound good, not look good, even though honestly, they look kick ass.

And better yet, go get your Beats.

Very funny person. Having an urge to (try to) put people below you?

Jan 13, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #270 of 446

X2.

I'm 99.9% sure that they would make more money by selling the HE-1000 $1500.

$2500 will be a show stopper for a lot of peoples here and even if the sound is 'out of this world', I predict that it's not going to be a commercial success.

I'm pretty sure that they could triple their sales with a competitive pricing...

QTYPriceTotal
3000$1,500.00$4,500,000.00
1000$2,500.00$2,500,000.00

Users who are viewing this thread

Back