1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hifiman HE-1000 coming

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by peterek, Dec 29, 2014.
First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last
  1. Dopaminer
    So just to clarify:   the HE-1000 is in fact going to be an actual product, and not just some super-limited-edition statement creation ? 

2. arnaud Contributor
    With all the fanfare / PR, I can't imagine this being a 10 set limited production. But if Hifiman is really trying to place this as a new orpheus with the phone / amp combo , best eva sound of the planet, exclusive status, they might actually intentionally set a limited initial release, if only to justify a high price tag for instance.

3. Flee727
    Looks nice. Think it directly aims to the lcd3 and 1266
    but I heard that the HE1000&EF1000 combo will be a little bit expensive[​IMG] 

4. jerg Contributor
    No one knows what the price really is going to be, heck even Hifiman doesn't. Fang is saying "no comment" to people asking what the price will be at CES 2015 right now.

5. TonyNewman

Mentioned elsewhere on the forum that the HE6 is to be discontinued and replaced by the HE1000, so it is going to be the new flagship and part of the core product range.

Looking forward to hearing impressions of the HE1000 vs a modded HE6 - that is going to be the key deciding factor in my purchasing decision (that and price, of course - if it has silly Abyss pricing then I will be walking away).

Dopaminer likes this.
  6. q2klepto
    Nice impressions!  

Really wish they would come out with a closed back version of the HE-400i. 

7. Dopaminer
    Interesting. Someone else claimed the exact opposite on the other HE-1000 thread, here in post #248

We really need to merge these two HEK threads !  

8. TonyNewman

I can't recall exactly where the message came from, but I think it was quoting HiFIMan folks (perhaps Dr Fang) that the HE6 is to be discontinued and replaced by the HE1000 in the product line. I'll have a quick search and see if I can find it.

9. Edwood
  10. CanDude
    Here are some more homogenous color combinations.

All off-white:
    HE-1000white2.png

Champagne with beige earpads:
    HE-1000champagne2.png

11. hotdogseller
    wish they would just make a HE-6i instead of this tacky POS

12. PETEREK
    What's your issue with the HE-6?

13. hotdogseller

just comfortwise updating to 400i/560 design and keeping the price the same would be ideal imo

14. PETEREK
    I agree with you, the last version of hifiman headphones are extremely uncomfortable. I wonder if you could attach the old cups to the new headband style, and if Hifiman would sell an HE-400i headband. That could be a good option for you, and it would be cheaper than the loss you would probably have if you sold yours to get a new version.

15. conquerator2
    I've never worn a more comfy headphone than the 400i/560.
    Ingenious suspension headband, large and wide, and thick, pillowy pads... Hmmm :D

First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last