Hifiman Ananda
Feb 4, 2023 at 11:07 PM Post #4,771 of 4,994
The Arya Stealth, compared to the Arya V2, adds quite a lot above 10K to the shrillness of sound especially on hats and shakers. This is different from the peak at 5.3 KHz which makes it a little bright. Compared to the V2 where this peak originally settled at 4.5 KHz. Therefore, I decided to keep my Arya V2 and never trade it for the Stealth.

As for the Ananda, I still keep it too because Ananda and Arya have different sound signatures. The Ananda is warm and relaxed, and the Arya is analytical. You could have both Ananda and Arya, or Edition XS and Arya, but not replace one with the other in my opinion. The Arya is never a replacement to the Ananda.

Feb 5, 2023 at 2:14 AM Post #4,772 of 4,994
Did that cause you to end up selling the Arya and returning to the Ananda?
No. My demo was before buying any one of them. So I end up buying the Ananda SM instead of the Arya SM and i never regret it...
Now i've sold the Ananda SM and just ordered a HE1000v2 (non-stealth). I choose the v2 non-stealth instead of the new Stealth version because i thought that the v2 is the natural upgrade from the Ananda SM and the new HE1000 Stealth version look more like the natural upgrade from the Arya Stealth with a little more "music dissection" and a little less "soul" then the v2 (but it's just my guess after reading through the internet about the new version).
But sure any of them (Ananda, Arya, HE1000, are great headphones 😀

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #4,773 of 4,994
As for the Ananda, I still keep it too because Ananda and Arya have different sound signatures. The Ananda is warm and relaxed, and the Arya is analytical. You could have both Ananda and Arya, or Edition XS and Arya, but not replace one with the other in my opinion. The Arya is never a replacement to the Ananda.

Thanks. Kinda what I'm feeling too (warm and relaxed vs. analytical). Maybe the Burson is also adding too much detail and neutrality that I don't prefer overall. Wish I could have kept both the Ananda and Arya, but budgets needed to be maintained :)

Feb 5, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #4,774 of 4,994
But sure any of them (Ananda, Arya, HE1000, are great headphones 😀
Couldn't agree more. Much more comfortable than the Audeze for longer listening sessions for sure.

Now i've sold the Ananda SM and just ordered a HE1000v2 (non-stealth). I choose the v2 non-stealth instead of the new Stealth version because i thought that the v2 is the natural upgrade from the Ananda SM and the new HE1000 Stealth version look more like the natural upgrade from the Arya Stealth with a little more "music dissection" and a little less "soul" then the v2 (but it's just my guess after reading through the internet about the new version).

Interesting. That would make sense logically and if I had the funds I'd consider the HE1000's as well, but 2k is a stretch for me.

Feb 5, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #4,775 of 4,994
Couldn't agree more. Much more comfortable than the Audeze for longer listening sessions for sure.

Interesting. That would make sense logically and if I had the funds I'd consider the HE1000's as well, but 2k is a stretch for me.
Ananda stealth is pretty awesome as a deal, b stock at 500 is a very hard to beat price/perf.

Feb 16, 2023 at 2:48 AM Post #4,777 of 4,994
Hi guys, here is my in-depth look at the Ananda Stealth including comparisons to the OG model, Arya Stealth and Meze 109 PRO.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hifiman-ananda-stealth.26346/review/30216/
I agree in the compare between, Arya and Ananda. The Ananda is a real bargain seen the price (and maybe real maybe I would have kept them).

But hearing exactly in the arya stealth what I missed in the Ananda. I exchanged within a week. And don’t even talk about comfort (the ananda’s just physically hurt me, couldn’t stand it longer than a half hour)
Also the headband and the clicking system is a better quality.

Nonetelless, they are more expensive yes, so if that one is out of reach but can buy the Ananda , you can handle the jaw pressure, I doubt you find anything better for the price.

I love my Arya’s and confort too, but understand fully if you don’t have the money. The Ananda is a second (real close to Arya)

Feb 16, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #4,778 of 4,994
I agree in the compare between, Arya and Ananda. The Ananda is a real bargain seen the price (and maybe real maybe I would have kept them).

But hearing exactly in the arya stealth what I missed in the Ananda. I exchanged within a week. And don’t even talk about comfort (the ananda’s just physically hurt me, couldn’t stand it longer than a half hour)
Also the headband and the clicking system is a better quality.

Nonetelless, they are more expensive yes, so if that one is out of reach but can buy the Ananda , you can handle the jaw pressure, I doubt you find anything better for the price.

I love my Arya’s and confort too, but understand fully if you don’t have the money. The Ananda is a second (real close to Arya)
Exactly 😊

Feb 16, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #4,779 of 4,994
Ahhh, HFM comparisons, right up my alley. Assuming potent SS amp, some mods and proper EQ (not crinicle horse manure). Not including any cans before HEK v1 (late 2015)

HEK v2 > HE-6 (v1 || v2) || HEK v1 || v3 > any Arya >Ananda 3 > HEX v2 > XS > Ananda 1 & II > Sundara 2020 > HE-560 3-4 > HE-400 Stealth > Sundara > HE-400 || HE-5XX > MD-4XX

If its bass impact you want, forget any of the long cups, HE-6 4 or 6 screw or HE-4 if you can find one, HE-6 SE v1 or v2 (no match for the OG), or HE-500 (timbre more than impact) is what you want. Susvara is 1/2 way between a long cup/round cup and would qualify if you are a millionaire.

Best value (new): HE-6 SE v2, XS, Ananda 3, Sundara 2020, HE-400 Stealth, and if you have the dough - HEK v2, closeout which can still match up with the big boys.

Used: HE-6 SE v1, HE-500, HEK v2, XS, any "" Code" modded HFM

Feb 16, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #4,781 of 4,994
You are a HiFiMan expert!
I wish I had influence on some of the aspects of them - not the drivers, but pads, cables, stator size, bass damping, and the dimensions of the cups, which seem to have a direct correlation to the 1.8k depression - and oh yeah - pricing. Susvara's for $999 direct, other models to follow suit! We'll take the headphone world by Storm!

But I enjoy the drivers

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2023 at 8:33 AM Post #4,783 of 4,994
what does mean "3"? Ananda Stealth Version with 27ohm?
Yes, I type very fast, so sometimes my own nomenclature comes out. Oops.

Feb 18, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #4,784 of 4,994

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back