Hifiman Ananda
Feb 24, 2023 at 12:10 AM Post #4,786 of 4,994
After watching Zeos' review of various Dekoni pads for the teardrop HiFiMan's, I went and got myself a pair of fenestrated sheepskin, but not from Dekoni. Went to Aliexpress and saved myself $100 CAD by ordering these. While I was shopping, I also grabbed a knitted headband cover (as recommended by good ole Joshua Valour). While I will post pictures and impressions tomorrow, all I have to say is the pads are well worth it for comfort alone!

Feb 28, 2023 at 8:36 PM Post #4,787 of 4,994
Comfort level +100!

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

Mar 9, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #4,789 of 4,994
After watching Zeos' review of various Dekoni pads for the teardrop HiFiMan's, I went and got myself a pair of fenestrated sheepskin, but not from Dekoni. Went to Aliexpress and saved myself $100 CAD by ordering these. While I was shopping, I also grabbed a knitted headband cover (as recommended by good ole Joshua Valour). While I will post pictures and impressions tomorrow, all I have to say is the pads are well worth it for comfort alone!
I went to the website in your post and was just curious on how you attach these? It says something about removing ones taped on pads. Now, forgive my ignorance. I have the Edition XS and, assuming the same locking clips between those and Ananda, what do these come with as far as the attachment mechanism?

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #4,791 of 4,994
Hello everyone.

Just sold off my Edition XS - I love how it sounds, but that headband did not agree with me - for some reason, it felt like all its weight was concentrated on one singular point on the top of my head - and have been offered a new Ananda Stealth at 600sgd (about 440usd)... very tempting.

I have demo-ed this and the Arya Stealth, and while I have my own thoughts - it's very bass-lean and bright IMO, though it's an incredibly airy presentation compared to the Arya - but I haven't had much demo time on both today, so want to know if you guys would have anything more to say between the two.

I'm also curious if you guys think this is a good deal. Also curious to know if any long-time Ananda/Arya users would have any pointers or words of advice for me to consider.

Thank you all!

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #4,792 of 4,994
Hello everyone.

Just sold off my Edition XS - I love how it sounds, but that headband did not agree with me - for some reason, it felt like all its weight was concentrated on one singular point on the top of my head - and have been offered a new Ananda Stealth at 600sgd (about 440usd)... very tempting.

I have demo-ed this and the Arya Stealth, and while I have my own thoughts - it's very bass-lean and bright IMO, though it's an incredibly airy presentation compared to the Arya - but I haven't had much demo time on both today, so want to know if you guys would have anything more to say between the two.

I'm also curious if you guys think this is a good deal. Also curious to know if any long-time Ananda/Arya users would have any pointers or words of advice for me to consider.

Thank you all!
I owned the Ananda and now own the Arya Stealth. Never heard Ananda Stealth. I definitely recommend the Arya. Much better in my opinion. Ananda was lean, light and bright. Arya SE richer and more dynamic. I even prefer XS over Ananda but Ananda can shine in some songs. XS and Arya more all rounder. Arya SE noticeably better technicalities and tonality.
Ananda have this slowness and calmness to it i don't like and it's upper mids feels too dominant making it sound kinda like a bad smartphone speaker.
Arya SE is faster, more engaging, dramatic, dynamic. Resolve more things, more intelligible, finer images. It has elevated upper mids like Ananda but lows and highs also come out to balance things out. The build and comfort is also significantly better.

Mar 14, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #4,793 of 4,994
I tried Arya, Edition XS and Ananda last week. XS and Ananda were absolutely neck-to-neck. If money wasn’t an issue I’d buy the Arya, because I could better hear where I should adjust my mix. But the Ananda let me hear that juuuuuust a little better than the XS. Some midrange difference.
So now I’m looking how to best get my hands on a pair of Anandas and sell my Tago T3-01 (sweeeeet headphone but closed back) for a decent enough price

Apr 1, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #4,799 of 4,994
Are they ****ing kidding me? I only just bought the Ananda Stealth V2 in January and now there's a V3? I'm so ****ing pissed. I love their headphones but holy crap do I hate their company.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back