Hifiman Ananda
May 20, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #4,636 of 4,987
Got a reply from hifiman.they said they can't verify the year model of my unit as it came from an unauthorized seller.

Anyway, what's the difference between the new and old versions?
The new version discussed here is not even official yet.
You have the same version that almost everyone here has.
This new version is supposed to carry the Stealth Magnets that Hifiman is putting on all its models, like the HE400se, the Arya... But it doesn't even appear on Hifiman's website for the Ananda, that's the strangest thing.
If you now buy an Ananda from an official store, including the same Hifiman online store, you would receive the same version that you have.

May 20, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #4,637 of 4,987
Got a reply from hifiman.they said they can't verify the year model of my unit as it came from an unauthorized seller.

Have you provided them with the two serial numbers on the warranty card? I assume all headphones will include it, regardless of the dealer.

May 20, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #4,638 of 4,987
The new version discussed here is not even official yet.
You have the same version that almost everyone here has.
This new version is supposed to carry the Stealth Magnets that Hifiman is putting on all its models, like the HE400se, the Arya... But it doesn't even appear on Hifiman's website for the Ananda, that's the strangest thing.
If you now buy an Ananda from an official store, including the same Hifiman online store, you would receive the same version that you have.
Got it.thank you.i just assumed that there's a 2021 version as i saw a review on youtube that says hifiman ananda 2021.

May 20, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #4,640 of 4,987
Yes, i did.
I don't understand the Hifiman answer. What does the distributor have to do to know when one of Hifiman's headphones was manufactured?

May 21, 2022 at 3:37 AM Post #4,643 of 4,987

If i were to point to it, i would say it seems an audio refinement. I loved the old ones and love even more these ones. I didn't A-B them so it's mostly gut feeling, but still the ananda are really amazing with their tuning and definition.

May 21, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #4,644 of 4,987
Yeah. Quite strange.
So, your ananda possibly dont have any warranty or support at all ?! Do u asked them, if they can repair your unit if something bad happened or because of this, the refuse to give the service ?! Just wondering

And i assumed theres 3 version now in the market, the OG ananda, 2021 and 2022 stealth version, am i right 🤔

May 21, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #4,645 of 4,987
And i assumed theres 3 version now in the market, the OG ananda, 2021 and 2022 stealth version, am i right 🤔
Sort of. There are two official versions, the non-stealth and the stealth. However there was a change in the dust covers that also occurred in 2019 or 2020 that also affected the Arya (this is not the difference between Arya v1 and v2). HifiMan says that it didn't change the sound, though I'm sure it did in a very small way. So I guess you could say there was the OG, Dust cover change, and the Stealth (which I think is still yet to be officially released in their publications?).

May 22, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #4,647 of 4,987
So, your ananda possibly dont have any warranty or support at all ?! Do u asked them, if they can repair your unit if something bad happened or because of this, the refuse to give the service ?! Just wondering

Yup.they did mention that they won't be supporting my ananda just in case something wrong happens.🤔

May 22, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #4,649 of 4,987

I would be surprised that they can’t tell you which version. The warranty card has the driver reference numbers recorded on it.

I suspect that I have the older version.

May 22, 2022 at 9:05 PM Post #4,650 of 4,987
Yup.they did mention that they won't be supporting my ananda just in case something wrong happens.🤔
Upssie, so sorry to hear that, back in the previous page i saw this thing ==> https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hifiman-ananda.879628/page-297#post-16824838 maybe this information can be useful to prevent something simillar happening

I hope that you can take care those carefully then, now i told myself if gonna buy a planar used or new, i will make sure it will come straight from authorized dealer and they can make sure can handle/fix this thing, in case something bad happened like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back