Hifiman Ananda
Jun 30, 2022 at 8:28 PM Post #4,666 of 4,987
Resoldering? Cover the Mylar. If your temp is too low you'll stay on it too long and may overheat the wire leading to the Mylar. That means your gun better have an accurate temp setting. Use reisen core solder. Don't leave a big drip (excess solder) behind. Unless you are familiar with these issues - best study up.

Jul 1, 2022 at 1:12 AM Post #4,667 of 4,987
Resoldering? Cover the Mylar. If your temp is too low you'll stay on it too long and may overheat the wire leading to the Mylar. That means your gun better have an accurate temp setting. Use reisen core solder. Don't leave a big drip (excess solder) behind. Unless you are familiar with these issues - best study up.
Thank you for the advice. I did try resoldering and got the right channel working again. However after reseating the pads and using the headphones for around 10 minutes the right channel died again :frowning2: . The connectivity seems to be fine. So am kinda stumped right now as to what could have gone wrong.
Hifiman service says since the old model is not in production anymore they don't have parts for repair. So the only options seems to be getting the new Stealth at a discount.

Attachments

• Hifiman_Ananda_Repaired.jpg
    Hifiman_Ananda_Repaired.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 0
Jul 1, 2022 at 6:25 AM Post #4,668 of 4,987
Hmmm. Well I like the stealth more than the v1, hope you do too.

Jul 1, 2022 at 7:02 AM Post #4,669 of 4,987
I forget how you tell a MB. Who is seller and the ratings?

Jul 2, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #4,671 of 4,987
Stealth is warmer, more organic. V1 is hard in the mid treble and lacks harmonic richness (overtones clipped off). But hey some love them.

Jul 2, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #4,672 of 4,987
Stealth is warmer, more organic. V1 is hard in the mid treble and lacks harmonic richness (overtones clipped off). But hey some love them.
I heard XS, Arya SE and Ananda. They all have very similar tuning but as you said, Ananda lacks harmonic richness which makes it the worst one in terms of stock tuning. But i think it can be improved tremendously with eq.

Jul 3, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #4,673 of 4,987
Thank you for the advice. I did try resoldering and got the right channel working again. However after reseating the pads and using the headphones for around 10 minutes the right channel died again :frowning2: . The connectivity seems to be fine. So am kinda stumped right now as to what could have gone wrong.
Hifiman service says since the old model is not in production anymore they don't have parts for repair. So the only options seems to be getting the new Stealth at a discount.
I just wondering, do you need to send the old ones to get that discount, are you bought the old ananda from authorized dealer ?! may i know how much discount, and which quoted the discount price, hifiman themselves or your dealer ?! and do you asked or is they inform you that your new stealth covered by new warranty if you decide to getting new stealth ?!

Jul 3, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #4,674 of 4,987
I just wondering, do you need to send the old ones to get that discount, are you bought the old ananda from authorized dealer ?! may i know how much discount, and which quoted the discount price, hifiman themselves or your dealer ?! and do you asked or is they inform you that your new stealth covered by new warranty if you decide to getting new stealth ?!
Hey, yes I do need to send them my unit for the discount. I had purchased the old Ananda from Amazon. They are offering me a 40% discount on the MRP; though some online outlets here are already offering around 13% discount on the MRP. This discount was offered to me by the Customer Service representative of Hifiman here asking me to transfer the amount to the authorized distributor here. And yes, he said the new stealth will come with the 1 year standard warranty.

Jul 6, 2022 at 9:01 PM Post #4,676 of 4,987
Jul 7, 2022 at 2:07 AM Post #4,677 of 4,987
Oh nice. Could you tell me what differences did you find between the stealth and the V1?
Funny thing, there is no mentioning of any upgrade or a V2 Ananda on Hifiman website despite all the positive input am reading !! maybe it's Placebo or else Hifiman would have mentioned it 🙄🙄

Jul 9, 2022 at 12:19 AM Post #4,678 of 4,987
Funny thing, there is no mentioning of any upgrade or a V2 Ananda on Hifiman website despite all the positive input am reading !! maybe it's Placebo or else Hifiman would have mentioned it 🙄🙄
Well don’t think so many will be saying this cause of placebo. A few friends of mine had the same observation.

Jul 13, 2022 at 1:06 AM Post #4,679 of 4,987
Well don’t think so many will be saying this cause of placebo. A few friends of mine had the same observation.
Am sure you're right. only it's strange nothing mentioned on the manufacturer's product page. Probably for them a minor manufacturing alteration which resulted in better performance. 👍

Jul 18, 2022 at 8:28 PM Post #4,680 of 4,987
Has anyone been able to replace the leather head-pad without having to replace the whole headband? I ordered a used Ananda from a pawn shop half way across the country and it seems the previous owner has cut off the pad for some reason. I would assume that the headband can be dissembled enough to affix a new strap/band that I am planning on making?

Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back