Hifiman Ananda
Jun 13, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #2,086 of 4,987
So what to buy? Used HEX V2 for 850 without warranty but mint condition or new Ananda for 900 with 3 years warranty?
I have not heard the HEX V2 but mos

Jun 13, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #2,087 of 4,987
So what to buy? Used HEX V2 for 850 without warranty but mint condition or new Ananda for 900 with 3 years warranty?
I once asked Hifiman if they would honor a warranty even if I was not the original owner and they said that if I had the receipt showing that it was purchased from an authorized dealer they would honor the warranty. So, if the used HEX V2 is still under warranty and is in mint condition, I would pick it over the Ananda 100% of the time.

Jun 14, 2020 at 4:26 AM Post #2,088 of 4,987
Hello guys. I was wondering if any of you have been modding your headband to be smaller? I enjoy my ananda, but it feels just a little to big for my head. I would like to avoid using Dekoni Nuggets, therefore I am wondering if there are any headband alternatives or maybe DYI solutions to make it few centimeters smaller? Has anyone tried to shorten it?

Jun 14, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #2,089 of 4,987
I'm just chiming in as the Ananda is going to be my next step up. That was my exact experience with the Fostex t50rp mk3s, the 4xx and Sundaras (all planars? -or most gear?). They both benefited from about 20-50 hrs burn in with pink noise and music (with bass) before they sounded "not broken". After playing for a while they seemed to "open up". They afterwards sounded much less constricted and each of their unique characters started to be heard. Patience was my friend. How are they now?
This was also my first impression. It really opens up with time.

Jun 14, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #2,090 of 4,987
Jun 14, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #2,091 of 4,987
I once asked Hifiman if they would honor a warranty even if I was not the original owner and they said that if I had the receipt showing that it was purchased from an authorized dealer they would honor the warranty. So, if the used HEX V2 is still under warranty and is in mint condition, I would pick it over the Ananda 100% of the time.
Is HEX V2 using older thicker drivers ? I guess only Sundara and Ananda uses latest thinner driver.

Jun 14, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #2,092 of 4,987
Hello guys. I was wondering if any of you have been modding your headband to be smaller? I enjoy my ananda, but it feels just a little to big for my head. I would like to avoid using Dekoni Nuggets, therefore I am wondering if there are any headband alternatives or maybe DYI solutions to make it few centimeters smaller? Has anyone tried to shorten it?
I don't have problem but i noticed Ananda sound best when your ear touching nothing.

Jun 14, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #2,096 of 4,987
Ananda's response to eq so so good. Using EQ apo and peace gui here is my eq recommendation for Ananda.
Depends on your preferation i find 3 area to adjust.
1- Bass: Not necessary actually. Sub bass is quite good but Ananda bass is a bit soft. EQ doesn't fix that but helps a bit. Low shelf 80hz eq, adjust how you like.
2- 1600hz: Couple of db helps to give more fun/energy to some guitars.
3- 16k: I think Ananda lacks air above 10k. Lack of air can cause the feeling of muddyness, compression and limited soundstage. You can use default 16k slider on the peace gui and give it a couple of db. It unlocks the rest of the soundstage and brings air to the instruments.

Famous 8k peak ? i think it's fine. Sweet spot in my opinion. Ananda presents highs so beautifully. I think treble is the strongest part of the Ananda except the lack of air. Vocals and sub bass great as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back