Hifiman Ananda
Nov 20, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #766 of 4,987
If anyone is interested, zococity in Spain is selling the ananda at 799 euros
Tempting, very tempting, but I'd hesitate to buy a Hifiman abroad with how faulty they can be. Too much hassle and additional cost should some defect arise :frowning2:

Nov 23, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #767 of 4,987
So, I got them. I stopped by Audio46 in time-square and they allowed me to try the Ananda's in addition to a few others. I love them immediately, Coming from the HD650's/HD6xx I really like the upgrade; manage to get them for $850 during the black Friday sale. The comfort is unbelievable, I love the pads and they are decently light for the size. I tried the HD660s / Focal Clear and the Hifiman Arya at the store and man, the Ananda's sound the best of the four, my budget was $900 for the cans, I paired them with the Schiit magni/modi 3 for now. I listen to a lof of acoustic music and man, they sound amazing; leaps from my HD6xx, loving the upgrade. Below are some pictures:
20181123_193140.jpg
20181123_200355.jpg
20181123_200859.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #768 of 4,987
So, I got them. I stopped by Audio46 in time-square and they allowed me to try the Ananda's in addition to a few others. I love them immediately, Coming from the HD650's/HD6xx I really like the upgrade; manage to get them for $850 during the black Friday sale. The comfort is unbelievable, I love the pads and they are decently light for the size. I tried the HD660s / Focal Clear and the Hifiman Arya at the store and man, the Ananda's sound the best of the four, my budget was $900 for the cans, I paired them with the Schiit magni/modi 3 for now. I listen to a lof of acoustic music and man, they sound amazing; leaps from my HD6xx, loving the upgrade. Below are some pictures:

What did you not like about the Aryas?

Nov 23, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #769 of 4,987
What did you not like about the Aryas?

I tried both the Ananda's and the Arya's, first, I didn't like the headband, I preffer the headband system on the Ananda and secondly, I couldn't tell the difference sonically between the two. For the I tried them both back to back on the same device and song and I couldn't tell the difference hence my purchase.

Nov 23, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #770 of 4,987
I tried both the Ananda's and the Arya's, first, I didn't like the headband, I preffer the headband system on the Ananda and secondly, I couldn't tell the difference sonically between the two. For the i
They sounded identical? Have you heard the HEKv2?

Nov 23, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #771 of 4,987
I'm interested to know what made you prefer Ananda to Arya?

Nov 23, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #772 of 4,987

To me they sounded the same, the bass sounded a bit better on the Arya's but not $700 better. also, that stupid headband from the 400i's kill me, the Aryas have those a-swell I preffer the Ananda's headband.

Nov 23, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #773 of 4,987
Nov 23, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #774 of 4,987
To me they sounded the same, the bass sounded a bit better on the Arya's but not $700 better. also, that stupid headband from the 400i's kill me, the Aryas have those a-swell I preffer the Ananda's headband.

Interesting, thanks for the impressions.

Nov 23, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #775 of 4,987
Also, the presentation of the Ananda is very nice

I did not, they had the HEKv2 on display and I did not bother to ask since the Ananda's succeed the HEKv2.

Nov 24, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #776 of 4,987
I compared the Arya with the Ananda today. I've spent an hour at a local dealer comparing the two and I found the difference in sound between them really small. I already own the Ananda but since the Arya is a new arrival, I liked to test it out.

The shops Ananda however had a tiny balance issue where the sound balance is a little bit more on the right side. It's barely noticable but comparing it with the Arya made me notice it.
Coincidentally, the Ananda's left driver had this small silvery line on the membrane but not on the right side. More people have posted that in this thread but was also noted it did not affect the sound quality.

My own Ananda also has that silvery line on the left side driver's membrane and I feel that it too has the balance issue. I tried different cables and amps but it remains the same.

Do other Ananda owners have that too?

Nov 24, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #777 of 4,987
I compared the Arya with the Ananda today. I've spent an hour at a local dealer comparing the two and I found the difference in sound between them really small. I already own the Ananda but since the Arya is a new arrival, I liked to test it out.

The shops Ananda however had a tiny balance issue where the sound balance is a little bit more on the right side. It's barely noticable but comparing it with the Arya made me notice it.
Coincidentally, the Ananda's left driver had this small silvery line on the membrane but not on the right side. More people have posted that in this thread but was also noted it did not affect the sound quality.

My own Ananda also has that silvery line on the left side driver's membrane and I feel that it too has the balance issue. I tried different cables and amps but it remains the same.

Do other Ananda owners have that too?

No issue on my end so far.

Nov 25, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #779 of 4,987
Can anyone speak to how the Ananda does with classical music? I'm looking for micro-detail, soundstage, and instrument separation, akin to HD800 but I'm hoping the Ananda has a more balanced sonic signature than the HD800 (no low-end).

Nov 25, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #780 of 4,987
Can anyone speak to how the Ananda does with classical music? I'm looking for micro-detail, soundstage, and instrument separation, akin to HD800 but I'm hoping the Ananda has a more balanced sonic signature than the HD800 (no low-end).

I think the HEX V2 is better for classical. The Ananda treble is a little emphasized - more of a rock can, and closer to the HD800 signature than the HEX V2. The HEX has superb bass, not quite the impact of the SE-6, but probably quicker. HEX V2 owners have been selling. 3 months ago it was a good deal to get one for high 900's. I saw one in Cananda "asking" 775 US about 2 weeks ago. If you're patient (say to early Jan) you might get one low 700's. The MD XX is undermining prices, plus that the HEX V2 is retired - although Audio46 has a new one today - which it hasn't for about 4-5 weeks.

HFM prices are dropping all over. Audio46 selling HE6se for $1439 today (list $1699), HE5se $549 (list $699)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back