Hifiman Ananda
Nov 27, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #796 of 4,987
Hey guys, just a quick question. has anyone tried the Ananda against the similarly priced Audeze LCD2C(Classics) ? im in the market for a planar and i'm a little stuck between these two. :) much appreciated!

I've had the 400i's and the LCD-2 and by far the Ananda's are my favorite, from all my previous headphones the Ananda top them all.

Nov 27, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #797 of 4,987
I've had the 400i's and the LCD-2 and by far the Ananda's are my favorite, from all my previous headphones the Ananda top them all.
i'm assuming you got first batch of the LCD-2 ? how does it sound compared to the Anadas?

Nov 27, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #798 of 4,987
I wonder if anyone here is able of making a comparison between the Ananda and Aeon Flow Open.

Nov 27, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #799 of 4,987
i'm assuming you got first batch of the LCD-2 ? how does it sound compared to the Anadas?

Nope, I got the LCD2 in oct of 2017, the lastest version at that time, the weight was terrible plus I prefer the sound stage of the Ananda.

Nov 27, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #800 of 4,987
I wonder if anyone here is able of making a comparison between the Ananda and Aeon Flow Open.
I would also like to know this! as i'm considering the aeon flow open also.

Nov 27, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #801 of 4,987
I would also like to know this! as i'm considering the aeon flow open also.

Aeon Flow Open produces a thicker and meatier sound. Think of a more refined and quicker HD650 except that the HD650 beats it at microdynamics. The AFO wins in slam and timbre. Instruments like bongos, pianos, and trumpets are reproduced convincingly. This is my favorite thing about these headphones. They’re very forgiving headphones to bad music. You can put them on and just enjoy.

The Ananda beats it handily in sound stage width and height. Ananda is expansive in comparison. Instruments have more air in between and room to play in. AFO has a very intimate and closed in sound stage. Sub bass on the Ananda reaches low and produces a satisfying rumble where the AFO rolls off. The sub bass one of my favorite things on the Ananda. The FR is linear above the sub bass. Ananda sounds leaner compared to the AFO which doesn’t mean the AFO is syrupy, it just has more slam. Ananda displays details better but it’s not as forgiving as the AFOs. These headphones leak sound out like a busted water pipe.

Really it’s what fits your taste. Looking for a mid-centric headphone that’s forgiving to even badly recorded tracks, with great slam, and fantastic instrument timbre? Grab the AFO. If you’re looking for extension on both ends with killer sub bass, wider sound stage, and more detail? Look at the Ananda.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #802 of 4,987
Agreed. Try both. Really depends on your taste.

I only tried HEXv1. It is a thinner airier sound. I liked it for listening at lower volumes. It doesn't sound as good at louder volumes, especially the bass.

AFO has that mid-bass punch that is commonly underestimated. It sounds good. And vocals sound really thick, vivid and romantic out of it. Another good thing is that AFO sound doesn't break apart when you crank the volume up.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #803 of 4,987
Nov 28, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #804 of 4,987
^^
i actually don't like the Ananda on low volumes at all, the SS gets too small almost like listening to mono

xv2 v-shaped and Ananda is too mid forward ?
man his findings are really weid to me.
I found the ananda mids a tad too forward too. After some burn i didnt feel the same way - be it the burn in or me adjusting. Though still present (and a lively heafphone) they weren’t too forward anymore

Nov 28, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #805 of 4,987
I already have the AFO, but I'm looking for a complementary set of cans to it. I was wondering if the Ananda would be it or if I should be looking elsewhere.
But what Phantaminum said suggests I might like the Ananda.

Nov 28, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #806 of 4,987
Latin music does benefit from punch and visceral headphones, so I'll put the Clear above on my list. I assume you own or have tried the Clear, how would you compare them to the HD700 or HD800 for classical?

For Latin and Jazz I prefer Ananda all the way, I tried both focal and ananda.

Dec 1, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #807 of 4,987
Going to pair Ananda with Q5 balanced. I have the Ananda right now and will get the Q5 tomorrow, and the balanced cable is still TBD. I like what I hear out of my iMac. My iPhone Xs Max does not provide enough power to the headphones though.

Dec 1, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #808 of 4,987
Going to pair Ananda with Q5 balanced. I have the Ananda right now and will get the Q5 tomorrow, and the balanced cable is still TBD. I like what I hear out of my iMac. My iPhone Xs Max does not provide enough power to the headphones though.

Pretty curious about this one. Got the same combo coming up next week. Tell me your first impressions when you got them.

Dec 1, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #809 of 4,987
Pretty curious about this one. Got the same combo coming up next week. Tell me your first impressions when you got them.

Sadly, my package got delayed.. Hopefully I get it by Monday.

Dec 2, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #810 of 4,987
Didn't put up the Ananda vs LCD2 v2 directly, but the Ananda is voiced much more accurately - but if you don't like AKG or Senn cans you might find it bright.

I think the HEX V2, and my modified HE-500's are both better than the Ananda (because I don't like cans that are bright). I find the Ananda a bit too clinical and cold - sort of like a Senn HD800 w/ some strong bass. The re-released 6se and Arya are both possible alternatives. Nobody is selling used Arya's yet, but new 6se's were going for $1340 on black Friday and I've seen two used ones go in the high 11/low 12 area. The bargain is the HEX V2 which you can find for under $775, dropping into the the 6's. If I was in the market a HEX V2 - getting one for say $675 is no brainer. Haven't heard the Arya's but reviews make them sound like 1000 jr's which is heck of a thing if true.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back