Hifiman Ananda
Apr 20, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #4,576 of 4,987
That's a new packaging. Any impressions compared to Ananda ?
Any upgrade in performance vs the old version ?

Side by side, use Burson Playmate 2 as source + amp. The newer Ananda is meatier in midrange, a little more forward midrange, with a little better depth. Old Ananda still sound fine, but there are certain area in upper mid that a bit too forward for me, the Ananda SM fix this part. Soundstage I felt about the same, but layering in depth perception is a little better in Stealth magnet.

Overall, not much of upgrade in term of technicalities, but tonality wise, the new Ananda suit my taste better. Same as Arya Stealth Magnet also smoother and meatier sounding than old Arya. i still can't enjoy Arya well though, too bright for me.

Apr 20, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #4,577 of 4,987
Side by side, use Burson Playmate 2 as source + amp. The newer Ananda is meatier in midrange, a little more forward midrange, with a little better depth. Old Ananda still sound fine, but there are certain area in upper mid that a bit too forward for me, the Ananda SM fix this part. Soundstage I felt about the same, but layering in depth perception is a little better in Stealth magnet.

Overall, not much of upgrade in term of technicalities, but tonality wise, the new Ananda suit my taste better. Same as Arya Stealth Magnet also smoother and meatier sounding than old Arya. i still can't enjoy Arya well though, too bright for me.
I think all Hifiman's not quite right in stock tonality. Even Sundara looks like flat in graphs but sound the brightest somehow. Any change in impedance/sensitivity ? I wonder why there is no official page.

Apr 22, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #4,578 of 4,987
Hey guys, a few weeks ago when ingot my ananda I was asking about how they should fit. My head is a medium hat size and they feel pretty loose. This was my first pair of nice headphones so had nothing to compare besides some cheaper ultrasone 580

I just received my Hd6xx. They fit considerably more snug and secure and feel correct. Can anyone who has both compare their 6xx vs ananda as far as clamping force?

And if my ananda are too loose is there anything you can do to headphone to make them clamp like new?

Apr 22, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #4,579 of 4,987
Hey guys, a few weeks ago when ingot my ananda I was asking about how they should fit. My head is a medium hat size and they feel pretty loose. This was my first pair of nice headphones so had nothing to compare besides some cheaper ultrasone 580

I just received my Hd6xx. They fit considerably more snug and secure and feel correct. Can anyone who has both compare their 6xx vs ananda as far as clamping force?

And if my ananda are too loose is there anything you can do to headphone to make them clamp like new?
Yes indeed, the HD6xx clamping force is considerably greater so they fit more snug.

Apr 22, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #4,583 of 4,987
Has anyone compared Ananda to the Edition X V2 ?
Mostly about technicalities, resolution, macrodynamics. I guess from measurements that the Ed X V2 is a bit warmer.
Yes. Quite a bit.

v2 is seemingly less technical. Like obvious leading edges and spotlight instruments have more detail on Ananada. Say 92% to 87.5%. But harmonics are warmer and present on the v2. The Ananda is more transparent but also seems thinner. V2 has more stage depth. They have big stages that are very tall. The bass is very similar.

I go for the v2 but I don't like basic SS class AB with generic chip digital which the Ananda is to my ears. V2 are not perfect but with careful EQ and pad position they come a lot closer.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2022 at 1:13 AM Post #4,584 of 4,987

Don't extend the headband more than needed, the more extended the less clamp force.

Apr 27, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #4,585 of 4,987
Just received my Ananda. So far I love them.

Pair them with A Gold Note DS-10 Plus and will be testing them with my Feliks Echo MkII later.
Very comfortable and sounds fantastic.

20220427_145913.jpg

Apr 27, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #4,588 of 4,987
Apr 27, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #4,590 of 4,987
Best headphone I have tested.

I haven't tested many headphones, but I have tested some as HD800S, HE6se V2, Focal Clear, Denon D7000, some Fostex... For me Ananda sounds better than all of them IMHO

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back