Hifiman Ananda
Nov 9, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #4,111 of 4,987
I'm sure this is a common theme, but I can't determine if I prefer the Ananda or the Sundara more. The Sundara clearly has superior treble, but the Ananda is wider with bigger bass. Anyone experiment with different pads for the Ananda or Sundara to make the sound a bit better? I think the cloth pads with the Cascade improve them. Wondering is something similar would work with Ananda or Sundara.

Thanks
I don't like either one that much which means I might have something neutral to say. The round cup has dozens of pads. Never seen a useable 3rd party pad for the Ananda but there is probably a few.

Ananda goes down deeper than Sundara but it doesn't slam. The Sundara doesn't go down deep but fools people with an elevated mid and upper bass and slams a bit.

Sundara has a brighter and grainier treble. Ananda is thin and lacking harmonics but it's better than the Sundara.

With the XS coming out and HFM spewing out fairly cheap cans like the HE-6se v2 which clobbers these two (soundstage in Ananda better however) for $599, I'd wait and buy one of those.

Nov 9, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #4,112 of 4,987
I don't like either one that much which means I might have something neutral to say. The round cup has dozens of pads. Never seen a useable 3rd party pad for the Ananda but there is probably a few.

Ananda goes down deeper than Sundara but it doesn't slam. The Sundara doesn't go down deep but fools people with an elevated mid and upper bass and slams a bit.

Sundara has a brighter and grainier treble. Ananda is thin and lacking harmonics but it's better than the Sundara.

With the XS coming out and HFM spewing out fairly cheap cans like the HE-6se v2 which clobbers these two (soundstage in Ananda better however) for $599, I'd wait and buy one of those.
I had the he 6se v2, but I didn't have anything that could drive it and as a result, it didn't sound good. Sundara sounded better. Even the ifi diablo couldn't drive it well. It was undefined without power

Nov 9, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #4,113 of 4,987
I had the he 6se v2, but I didn't have anything that could drive it and as a result, it didn't sound good. Sundara sounded better. Even the ifi diablo couldn't drive it well. It was undefined without power
Should have added it wants 2 watts @ 50 ohms probably safer with 4.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #4,114 of 4,987
Should have added it wants 2 exp @ 50 ohms probably safer with 4.
I think diablo does 4w, but it wasn't enough. It was kinda crunchy sounding. I could hear the potential there, but I wasn't going to spend another grand on a desktop solution to drive it. We will see. Bot sure I love the ananda but will keep listening and settle into it

Nov 9, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #4,115 of 4,987

I think thats a good analysis. This is m 2nd time with the Sundara. First time, I also bought the Thieaudio Phantom, which is wider and has more subbass presence. Thst was obvious in an A/B. I'd be curious to hear the phantoms again vs Ananda.

Nov 10, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #4,116 of 4,987
Nov 10, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #4,117 of 4,987
Not sure about the big fuss with the earpads, the stock ones were designed to give the Ananda its sound signature and was tuned for it. Maybe a cable upgrade is much more beneficial sound wise.

Nov 10, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #4,118 of 4,987
listening to rock right now and I can't see why it isn't a champion lol. folks I don't know if it's just mine but. this thing sounds great pretty much no matter what I'm listening to. it's getting helped with EQ however, which is a crime according to some folks.

if this is the quality we have at this price, can't wait to check out the next tiers up. for me that would be the Arya stealth revision when I'm able to. it's a great time to enjoy quality audio

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #4,120 of 4,987
listening to rock right now and I can't see why it isn't a champion lol. folks I don't know if it's just mine but. this thing sounds great pretty much no matter what I'm listening to. it's getting helped with EQ however, which is a crime according to some folks.

if this is the quality we have at this price, can't wait to check out the next tiers up. for me that would be the Arya stealth revision when I'm able to. it's a great time to enjoy quality audio
Probably I judged the Rock part based on my Cavalli Hybrid, powered by my Violectric the Ananda is a rock champion too. 😁😁

Nov 10, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #4,121 of 4,987
Probably I judged the Rock part based on my Cavalli Hybrid, powered by my Violectric the Ananda is a rock champion too. 😁😁
It sounds good with metal, but I EQ all of my headphones and use the bass boost on my ifi sig.

Does anyone have the Phantoms to compare to the Anandas? Curious to hear a side by side

Nov 10, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #4,122 of 4,987
It sounds good with metal, but I EQ all of my headphones and use the bass boost on my ifi sig.

Does anyone have the Phantoms to compare to the Anandas? Curious to hear a side by side
The only physical EQ I may consider is the new Loki Mini Plus. It's extremely transparent in pass Through and a very clean circuit.

Nov 16, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #4,124 of 4,987
Nov 16, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #4,125 of 4,987
Hello!
tell me which cable is better than stock.
I want to connect on the balance.
Thank you.
Hi!, I use the 6N OCC - Single Crystal Copper, and 6N Silver versions 4.4mm, the 7N version is new, they've updated their listings since I bought from Hifigo.com:

GUCraftsman 6N Single Crystal Copper For HIFIman ANANDA SUNDARA HE6se HE400se HE560 HE1000se Arya SUSVARA 4.4MM Headphone Cable

GUCraftsman 6N Single Crystal Silver For HIFIman ANANDA SUNDARA HE6se HE400se HE560 HE1000se Arya SUSVARA 4.4MM Headphone Cable

GUCraftsman 7N Single Crystal Silve Copper For HIFIman ANANDA SUNDARA HE6se HE1000se Arya SUSVARA 4.4mm Headphone upgrade Cable

They are nice flexible cables that don't kink, they loop and drape nicely. They are short for using mobile, so I custom ordered through Hifigo - 2 - 2m 4.4mm Female to 4.4mm Male extension cables for desktop use at home, one 6N Copper OCC and one 6N Silver, makes for a nice portable/mobile/desktop configurable set up:

GUcraftsman Customized 4.4mm female to 4.4mm male 6N cable - there are dropdown menu's for Copper OCC and Silver, as well as (1M ask)/2M/3M lengths.

GUCraftsman also sells IEM cables:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/Small-headset-cable/3879013_513523822.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/3879013
https://hifigo.com/collections/gucraftsman

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back