Hifiman Ananda
Mar 28, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #3,437 of 4,987
It depends on the positioning on the head, you have it too far forward and the sound is too warm and close. Pull it back and the soundstage expands and it all comes out.
yes. i've tried it and it does make a slight difference because the pad will be leaking sound not forming a full seal expand the sound stage and making it airy.
I tested it more with playing around with positioning and to my surprise if you pull the headphone out from your ear not sealing your ear the bass increases significantly also the sound stage! my whole ear were vibrating from the extra bass extension wth :sweat_smile: i think there is some design flaws with the padding. you guys might wanna give it a try.

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #3,439 of 4,987
Alright, joining the HE6se v2 club. Love my Ananda, but the upgrade bug got the better of me.

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #3,440 of 4,987
Alright, joining the HE6se v2 club. Love my Ananda, but the upgrade bug got the better of me.
I just received my jutenheim 2 amp for my he6se and it blows the Ananda out of the water . Its not even close. Such an incredible sound especially with the grill mod and aluminum grill from ebay with the filters removed. It's so open and clear an still slams so hard.

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #3,441 of 4,987
I just received my jutenheim 2 amp for my he6se and it blows the Ananda out of the water . Its not even close. Such an incredible sound especially with the grill mod and aluminum grill from ebay with the filters removed. It's so open and clear an still slams so hard.
Looking forward to hearing it! What pads do you have on yours?

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #3,442 of 4,987
Looking forward to hearing it! What pads do you have on yours?
I changed my pads to hybrid XL pads from brainwavz . Amazing. The pads change alot here is a graph. my hybrids arent the exact same as his but i needed the bigger holes for my ears .
1617147631933.png

Mar 30, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #3,444 of 4,987
I changed my pads to hybrid XL pads from brainwavz . Amazing. The pads change alot here is a graph. my hybrids arent the exact same as his but i needed the bigger holes for my ears .
1617147631933.png
Not sure if you have them, but measure a new pad vs a worn one :p

Mar 31, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #3,445 of 4,987
I have some EMu Teaks as my daily drivers right now. About to pull the trigger on Ananda, but I’m not quite there yet. Convince me! I like to EQ the bass up and do a lot of gaming. Music ranges from Vivaldi to infected mushroom and everything in between. Looking for better soundstage, imaging, layering, and detail. The Emu is good, but I know there is better (had an Elear but got rid of it because it couldn’t do bass like I liked). I feel like the one negative I read about hifiman is a lack of impact, but the emu has me covered there—it was even better than elear. What to do?

Mar 31, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #3,446 of 4,987
Hi guys, just bought an Ananda for me. Waiting for it to arrive.

Also i've ordered a Tempotec Sonata HD Pro to pair with it.

I would like to know, would i lose something using the sonata hd pro instead of a Topping E30/L30 stack? I've heard the Ananda is easy to drive so maybe a stack like this is not necessary.

Mar 31, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #3,448 of 4,987
Hi guys, just bought an Ananda for me. Waiting for it to arrive.

Also i've ordered a Tempotec Sonata HD Pro to pair with it.

I would like to know, would i lose something using the sonata hd pro instead of a Topping E30/L30 stack? I've heard the Ananda is easy to drive so maybe a stack like this is not necessary.
Super easy to drive yes! Idk about the Sonata HD, but I definitely prefer it on something a little warmer like the iFi gear. But that’s just a matter of preference. They’re super efficient.
Well I did it. Hope it’s worth it! I’m using a mimby, Loki, and ifi micro ican.

just hoping the bass won’t disappoint coming from the teaks.
It might take some time to adjust. The bass isn’t super punchy (I find it a little soft), but very detailed and well-defined. If you eq it up it’ll definitely add a little more punch, and with those huge drivers the sound is just so unique. Hope you enjoy them!

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #3,450 of 4,987
Thanks, I’m sure I will. Hoping the 3D and XBass switches on the ican will do some good things.
3D plays around with the high frequencies and tends to make a headphone too bright to my ears. The XBass boost on the otherhand, can add that added engagement in the bass :beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back