HiFiMAN 602: Talk about your initial impressions and specs
Feb 7, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #1,096 of 1,195
When you bought your HM-602, does it had some files?
I received mine today and it had some (i presume samples)

Edit: well..i've seen reported a "few" pages back some kinds of problems with Mac OS, (this is not looking good..) copying third album into internal memory, getting the second error:

"The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “Pink Floyd - The Wall” can’t be read or written. (Error code -36)"

Did anybody had this problems?

Feb 7, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #1,097 of 1,195

Quote:
Quote:

Could you please PM me the steps you took to re-partion it?
I have made numerous attempts at re-formatting/re-partioning so I want to make sure that I'm not missing something.

After plugging in the 602 to the USB, I simply launched Disk Utility for Mac, clicked on the HM-602 16Gb drive, clicked on the "partition" tab, clicked on the "current" under "volume scheme" and changed it to 1 partition.  Under "Volume Information" I gave it a name "HM 602" without non alphanumeric characters, clicked on "format" and chose FAT32, then clicked on "options" and selected Master Boot Record. Confirmed nothing had changed, then told it to go ahead and do it's thing.  

I also noticed that I'm using a different USB cable, and hadn't thought about it but that might have something to do with it too.  I've had some cables that wont work with audio USB to my iBasso D4 and D10 in the past.

Quote:
I was wondering what everyone is using to carry their HM-602?

I currently use a soft cloth bag that came with some sunglasses, and keep that in my fleece vest pocket.  I also have a phone case with belt clip from the swiss army knife people that works beautifully if I want to hang it from my belt (got it from Walmart 2 years ago for under $10).  Soon it will be too cold or snowy to carry it like that on the belt.

Found it! It worked for me!
Thanks HeadphoneAddict.

Edit: after a few albuns the error code 36 have returned...

Feb 8, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #1,098 of 1,195

Quote:
When you bought your HM-602, does it had some files?
I received mine today and it had some (i presume samples)

Edit: well..i've seen reported a "few" pages back some kinds of problems with Mac OS, (this is not looking good..) copying third album into internal memory, getting the second error:

"The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “Pink Floyd - The Wall” can’t be read or written. (Error code -36)"

Did anybody had this problems?

Hi Vitor,
glad to hear your 602 arrived ok. I have to say, I've been using mine with a Mac ever since it was released (literally daily) with a lot of loading/deleting of files, and I've never seen that error. Not sure what's going on there. You're not using (shudder) iTunes I hope?

Feb 8, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #1,099 of 1,195
That's what I was going to say. Just drag and drop from a folder and leave iTunes out of it.

Feb 10, 2011 at 6:28 AM Post #1,102 of 1,195
I got the same exact message many times, and then I would get a message that I did not eject properly and disk damage could occur.  After a week of frustration with this, and customer service, I returned the unit only to wait three weeks for a refund.

Feb 12, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #1,104 of 1,195
Every night I watch an hour of Hulu with either my Macbook Pro, Air or a Dell 620. Besides my UE-10's and JH-13's, I also switch off between my ESW-10's, P5's and my Beyer T50p's...and I can hear the circuit noise with all of them.
No HD spinning and the fan comes on when it's hot. These are all pretty efficient headphones and the laptop headphone out is pretty low budget on all of the laptops. I don't know if using ay amp thru a DAC/Amp combo and USB output, is going to cure this problem.

Try and use just the headphone out on the Asus and see if you hear the same circuit noises. Also, try a more full sized, less efficient headphone, and see if the problem goes away.

Feb 13, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #1,105 of 1,195
I have the same problem. There is no enough power in some USB ports to drive HM-602. It works well through the powered USB hub. And it clicks when plays through my laptop ports. 

Quote:
Another issue...know with a Asus EEE PC, with Windows 7 and Foobar.
Just plugged the Hm-602 to try the USB-DAC capability and i hear some background clicks, very annoying ones.
What?
I'm really pissed.

Feb 13, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #1,107 of 1,195
Not all USB ports are created equal, that's for sure.  Lenovo started color coding their USB ports to differentiate them on the Thinkpads.

Feb 14, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #1,108 of 1,195
Quote:
I have the same problem. There is no enough power in some USB ports to drive HM-602. It works well through the powered USB hub. And it clicks when plays through my laptop ports. 

Quote:
Another issue...know with a Asus EEE PC, with Windows 7 and Foobar.
Just plugged the Hm-602 to try the USB-DAC capability and i hear some background clicks, very annoying ones.
What?
I'm really pissed.

I also experience this problem on my new and high-end HP Envy 14....

Feb 14, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #1,109 of 1,195
Dear all,

Let me share some notes regarding this beautiful player.

1. I'm using Mac OS 10.6 and was faced to the "Finder Error" right from the beginning. I'm speaking about those unpredictable errors when trying to copy anything TO internal memory.
As for me and my particular player, this error only happens when SD slot in player is empty. I've never had any problems with SD card (8 Gb SDHC) being inside and I always get this error without SD. I hope this information to be helpful for somebody.

2. I'm tired of high-frequency background noise. It tends to almost disappear after 20-25 min. of operating but is still quite annoying (especially when switching between tracks). I can easily hear it with all my headphones (Grado SR-125i, RE-262, Apple In-Ear). This noise is exactly what you can hear right before the battery is dead, just not as loud (but with the same character).
Does anybody experience the same background noise problems?

Overall, I'm not completely satisfied with player. I accept sound quality (it's good enough for me) and I wouldn't search anything better on this parameter alone. But what really bothers me is everything else (starting from the awkward control and ending with unimpressive build quality)

Feb 14, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #1,110 of 1,195
I think the background noise in the first few minutes of operation is actually coming from the player needing to warm up. While I can't be 100% sure, I do believe it is kind of the character of the NOS DAC used in HM60x as I have read the same thing about the NOS DAC elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back