Hidizs Sonata HD DAC cable - new tiny and mighty DAC&AMP
Jul 1, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #31 of 862
I had no idea there was a new version coming along, but if all changes are purely aesthetic, then no worries about it at all.

As for the fact that it works with any smartphone, true, but then the whole solution becomes less appealing, I think that most people will upgrade to a Type-C smartphone eventually so not the biggest issue though

Yes, the changes are purely aesthetic...

Not so sure about type-C everywhere.... I prefer Xiaomi smartphones, for example, they don't use type-C in Redmi Note lineup.... I don't really care about type-C or microUSB as long as the system works fine... What worries me the most - is otg support by such vendors as Huawei or MediaTek. Not all of the samotphones would accept OTG devices no matter what type of connector to use. This is sad but true.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #32 of 862
Yes, the changes are purely aesthetic...

Not so sure about type-C everywhere.... I prefer Xiaomi smartphones, for example, they don't use type-C in Redmi Note lineup.... I don't really care about type-C or microUSB as long as the system works fine... What worries me the most - is otg support by such vendors as Huawei or MediaTek. Not all of the samotphones would accept OTG devices no matter what type of connector to use. This is sad but true.

You have a very good point.

Ironic, I am also using Xiaomi and it has Type-C :)

I'm running Mi max 2, and it connects flawlessly with anything I am using

My broda has a Huawei, I should ask him to test some OTG at some point, it would really be awful if those wouldnm'\t work with any OTG......

Jul 1, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #33 of 862
You have a very good point.

Ironic, I am also using Xiaomi and it has Type-C :)

I'm running Mi max 2, and it connects flawlessly with anything I am using

My broda has a Huawei, I should ask him to test some OTG at some point, it would really be awful if those wouldnm'\t work with any OTG......

My previous Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 on MTK couldn't deal with many otg devices like FPV video receiver for example. Current Redmi Note 4 on Qualcomm works fine. Huawei, usually, also has some problems with otg support.

Jul 5, 2018 at 12:42 AM Post #35 of 862
Received this today sadly I cannot get it to work with my P20 Pro
I have tried all 3 firmwares and all I get is error when pressing play on uapp
Any idea what I can do

Just try any other player that has an option to specify which device to output audio stream to. For example. Take HibyMusicApp.
Does anything happen when you connect it to your smartphone? Any question by OS?
The worst case is that your smartphone (if based on MTK) doesn't have a proper support for USB-OTG AUDIO. Such case is not rare and mostly common for devices on MediaTek, some Exynos and Huawei platforms.

Jul 12, 2018 at 7:00 AM Post #39 of 862
IMG_20180711_173232.jpg IMG_20180711_103522.jpg IMG-20180710-WA0041.jpg
Got one Sonata HD. Nice sounding device for about $25 :) Works pretty good with my Honor 10 Premium smartphone.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2018 at 5:39 AM Post #40 of 862
Hm.. D- or C-mode firmware works good with my laptop, but does not work with my Honor 10 smartphone (Android 8.1) - no system sounds, no music. I used Hiby player, Bubble UPNP player, internal Honor player, but no sound at all. Or maybe I do something wrong? Can somebody clear me how the D- or C-mode FW must work with Android 8.1 phone? Thanks.

Jul 16, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #42 of 862
Hm.. D- or C-mode firmware works good with my laptop, but does not work with my Honor 10 smartphone (Android 8.1) - no system sounds, no music. I used Hiby player, Bubble UPNP player, internal Honor player, but no sound at all. Or maybe I do something wrong? Can somebody clear me how the D- or C-mode FW must work with Android 8.1 phone? Thanks.

Usually, the problem is in the platform of a phone. Unfortunately, Huawei doesn't follow all necessary and regular APIs for working with USB OTG devices. Mediatek based phones have the same problem. Not only Sonata HD cable might not work but also many other OTG devices. My Qualcomm phones work ok...

Jul 19, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #43 of 862
Hi I have a huawei P20 pro I received sonata dac a couple of weeks ago. and could not get it to work with my phone. but decided to keep it and hope a fix would come out, I had been using an Audioquest DF black and an off the shelf usbc to 3.5mm cable. weirdly my normal usbc to 3.5 adaptor i used on my other headphones was not working the other day so I reset the usb settings in developer options and updated the sonata to firmware v2. and it now works :) I spent a little time last night with it and did a back to back with the AQ black and on first listen very close :) A very happy man now as its compact the cable is flexible and it sounds great :)

Jul 23, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #44 of 862
Will this work on the xiaomi mi mix? And i saw a same exact model but with "tempotec" as the brand. Is this the same? Or is the other one a knockoff? Please enlighten me. Thanks!
search

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-24-11-00-07-637_com.shopee.ph.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-24-11-00-07-637_com.shopee.ph.png
    382.9 KB · Views: 0
Jul 24, 2018 at 12:44 AM Post #45 of 862
Will this work on the xiaomi mi mix? And i saw a same exact model but with "tempotec" as the brand. Is this the same? Or is the other one a knockoff? Please enlighten me. Thanks!
search

It should be working with Mi Mix... 95%. I think that Tempotec is the same product but moe information and better adaptation is on Hidizs website - therefore, I would stick with this name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back