1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hidizs Sonata DH1000 DAC & Amp - first impressions & review

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by IryxBRO, Mar 4, 2018.
First

Back
1 2 3 4
Next

Last
  1. Ramprasad
    Hi Alex .. Thanks for your informative review on dh1000 , need ur view on below 2 ques.
    1.) My current source is Xduoo x3ii (AK4490 DAC) and if add dh1000 in this chain to drive low impedance iem's (16 to 32 ohm) what is SQ improvement i can expect ? .. No cans only iem's
    2.) if you have to choose only 1 iem to pair with dh1000 which one will it be ? Preferably under 150usd

2. IryxBRO
    1. Can't really answer your question cause I don't have Xduoo to compare with. But I can tell you that there might be improvement in channel separation and driving ability with DH1000 due to it's double DAC & AMP design
    2. I don't have lots of different IEMs but from those that I have - I prefer 2.5mm balanced Hidizs Seeds due to gentle and detailed feel of the sound.

3. VonBoedfeld
    Ramprasad likes this.
  4. Ramprasad
    Hi von .. do you have the dh1000 amp as well ? To make a A2B comparison with idsd plus .. i understand both share the same internal chipset .. but don know about their tuning and choice of materials of PCB and connectors

5. VonBoedfeld
    The seller has confirmed that the devices are 100% identical.
    It is apparently a coorperation.
    Tempotec has done the engineering of the board, hidizs the case.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    Ramprasad and Dobrescu George like this.
  6. Dobrescu George
    I am actually reviewing Tempotec Serenate iDSD, which is the desktop thingy, and it is also marketed and sold by HIDIZS, on their site, so indeed, they are good friends with Tempotec :)

7. dbaker1981
    Is this mfi certified?

8. FunkeXMix
    Is the battery easy to replace with a little soldering without deconstructing the whole thing? It lives and dies by it's battery so important fact I think.

9. IryxBRO
    Not very easy but doable. You would have to heat up the glue, remove the glass and replace the battery. it is on JST plug. No soldering. Picture is taken from FB (by Muises Cardona)

48414668_10218223410163156_5237852229678923776_o.jpg

FunkeXMix likes this.
  10. pinoyman
    hello guys.

im looking for a black and used HIDIZS DH1000.
    please send me a PM for offers.
    thanks alot!

PINOYMAN

11. moisespr123
    I haven't replaced the battery, because I don't want to damage the board or the battery itself, since it's glued, but I've been able to use a 3.7V 2000mAh battery from Sparkfun. I don't charge that battery with the DH1000 because it may damage it since that one is 3.8V and the one I got is 3.7V. Also, because my unit charges the battery very slow, at a rate of just 0.06A-0.08A, I also got a basic LiPo/Li-Ion charger which does works with the 3.8V battery.

Unfortunately, my unit is bad regarding the charging circuit and suddenly stops working at about 400mAh of battery usage, but the sound circuit works and that's the most important part for me. It can be turned on without the charging cable and then it can be attached so that it uses power from both USB + Battery (USB is capped at 0.12A in my unit).

Some more pictures of it:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Dobrescu George likes this.
  12. duyanh43
    I can't seem to connect my V20 / iPhone through the USB-A Port, it charge my phone's battery for a second then shut it off immidiately.

13. moisespr123
    Do you have the blue LED problem? Mine does the same. Defective circuit, unfortunately. However, I can still use it via the Micro USB port.

14. duyanh43
    My micro USB port works fine, when i connect to the USB-A the Led turn red then shut off. One time it work is when i fully charged both devices.

15. moisespr123
    That USB-A port lso acts as a battery bank, so it may be related to the DH1000 charge as it will discharge faster with that port. It is also stated in the manual. If the battery is not fully charged then it may turn off. That explains why it works if it is charged.

First

Back
1 2 3 4
Next

Last