Hidizs Sonata DH1000 DAC & Amp - first impressions & review
May 22, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #31 of 88
I’m just wondering if anyone has heard anything from Hidizs. They are hard to get a response from. They are past due by two weeks on the AP60 Pro that they offered on Massdrop and will not reply to any of the comments asking for a clarification. Makes me concerned about the DH1000 Kickstarter because they estimated shipping by Mid May and said they were on schedule on May 4. But no real update on their progress. Just radio silence...
We are finishing up the DH1000 production, the KS orders will be able to shipped out within next week. and as well as the AP60 pro. Thanks

May 22, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #34 of 88
As I've already meantioned several times - despite of being very busy sometimes, Hidizs monitors the feedback and trying to catch up with the concerns. Their page on Facebook also works good... at least I am getting replies at 99% rate. :)
Good for you then, I guess? I let the Massdrop community know about the response, I think they will be happy about it. But, a direct response to them would be better don’t you think?

May 22, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #36 of 88
I’m just wondering if anyone has heard anything from Hidizs. They are hard to get a response from. They are past due by two weeks on the AP60 Pro that they offered on Massdrop and will not reply to any of the comments asking for a clarification. Makes me concerned about the DH1000 Kickstarter because they estimated shipping by Mid May and said they were on schedule on May 4. But no real update on their progress. Just radio silence...

To help you with this, Massdrop isn't answered by a company, but by massdrop, because they buy the massdrop units from a company, and they deliver on them, offer service, etc :)

IF you don't get answers there, you need to blame massdrop, the original company usually doesn't have much to do with their massdrop units, same goes for most companies, even much larger companies, and this is why I don't really look into massdrop much those times, for anything.

Jun 8, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #38 of 88
Will the dh1000 improve the sound quality of my ap200 if i buy one? Or are their DACs just the same and will just serve as an amp? Thanks!

The DAC chips are different, but seem to come from the same family, and being from the same brand it's not unlikely that the implementation and sound signature will have simiarities.
That said, it looks as if the DH1000 aims for a higher end implementation. But this is pure speculation at this point, until there are reliable reviews of the final DH1000 product.

Jun 8, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #39 of 88
Will the dh1000 improve the sound quality of my ap200 if i buy one? Or are their DACs just the same and will just serve as an amp? Thanks!

Yes, it would. It least by two means: higher output power + balanced schematics if you have balanced type of earphones. My opinion - DH1000 does sound better than AP200

Jun 14, 2018 at 11:39 PM Post #40 of 88
Just got this DH1000 today from the Kickstarter they finished up recently. Have it hooked up via usb C to micro on a Shanling M3S. This is a very good sounding DAC/amp. Very full bodied and wonderful vocals. Nice job Hidizs.

Jun 17, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #43 of 88
What do you mean, dead treble?
Something completely rolled-off like mojo, or weird lower treble suppression like Fiio Q5. I don't like dips in 2-4k range, it makes sound lacking clarity, someone calls it laidback. It causes jammed female vocals, and howling/roaring guitars sounds as if they were softened or sterilized. I have warm iems, so i need a source a little bit brighter than neutral.

Jun 17, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #44 of 88
Something completely rolled-off like mojo, or weird lower treble suppression like Fiio Q5. I don't like dips in 2-4k range, it makes sound lacking clarity, someone calls it laidback. It causes jammed female vocals, and howling/roaring guitars sounds as if they were softened or sterilized. I have warm iems, so i need a source a little bit brighter than neutral.

Hard to tell. Everyone gets own perception and hearing ability. For me DH1000 sounds well balanced and natural.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back