Hidizs AP60II - youngest in HiRes family but worth every cent
Mar 14, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #78 of 205
Well Massdrop isn't crowd funding per se and they'll only be getting money for actual sales but it could be a reasonably safe way to gauge USA interest in their products. I know that they were a bit aggressive in my dealings with them via an Amazon purchase. Not in a bad way but you could tell that they were proud of the product and wanted people to know about it.

Mar 16, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #79 of 205
Great to read this. Glad I got mine.

Hidizs

The sound of AP60 Pro will have better SNR and channel separation than AP60II.

Mar 17, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #80 of 205
@Hidizs Hk @Hidizsofficial

I just wanted to check in with you guys and hear what the situation is regarding my agreement with you.

10 months ago you guys approached me and requested for me to help you out with the Arabic translation for your AP200 product page, and in exchange you offered to send me an AP200 review unit once they are available. I thought that was really nice of you (as I would've helped out even if you hadn't offered to send any review unit), so I offered to also correct the English text for you (the exact wording of which you had then used, and continue to use today, not only on the product pages for the AP200 and AP60 II, but also on numerous social media posts).

Since then I had contacted you once a month to check in on the progress of the AP200, but the last time I heard any response was back in September.

In my September email I requested if a review unit of the AP60 II would be available, to which you asked which colour should be sent.

Well, here we are in March 2018, and still no Hidizs products.

So please could you just inform me about whether or not you intend to honour our initial agreement.

Mar 31, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #81 of 205
Need some advise folks; planning to purchase this for mainly 2 purposes - to use purely as a transport for my Mojo, and also to access my phone's streaming apps through the DAP (connected to the Mojo of course).

I hope I got the usability scenario correct; am I right? Thanks in advance, & cheers to Hidizs for coming out with such a pocket friendly & budget friendly DAP/ transport with bluetooth!

Cheers

Mar 31, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #82 of 205
Need some advise folks; planning to purchase this for mainly 2 purposes - to use purely as a transport for my Mojo, and also to access my phone's streaming apps through the DAP (connected to the Mojo of course).

I hope I got the usability scenario correct; am I right? Thanks in advance, & cheers to Hidizs for coming out with such a pocket friendly & budget friendly DAP/ transport with bluetooth!

Cheers

Have a look at the Shanling M0 that'll become available fairly soon. It's smaller, has a touch display, and is only gonna cost around $100

Mar 31, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #83 of 205
Have a look at the Shanling M0 that'll become available fairly soon. It's smaller, has a touch display, and is only gonna cost around $100

Thanks for the suggestion; yes, I've already checked it out. Only drawback I saw was how to connect it to Mojo with rubber bands without covering the tiny screen!

Mar 31, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #84 of 205
Thanks for the suggestion; yes, I've already checked it out. Only drawback I saw was how to connect it to Mojo with rubber bands without covering the tiny screen!
Maybe you can get velcro with and adhesive back. Stick on on the Mojo, the other on the back of the DAP? Just an idea...
About $2.99 for this stuff..
velcro-brand-hook-loop-90075-64_1000.jpg

Mar 31, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #85 of 205

Ah yes, I don't like using bands either. But, wouldn't you have somewhat the same issue with the AP60? You could opt for some 3M dual lock (I use this on my M2s and IDSD BL). Or, if you don't want to stick something to the devices, you could just use the M0 with the little sport case, then you could use the rubber band method but looping it through the plastic clip of the sport case

Mar 31, 2018 at 11:59 PM Post #86 of 205
Maybe you can get velcro with and adhesive back. Stick on on the Mojo, the other on the back of the DAP? Just an idea...
About $2.99 for this stuff..

Ah yes, I don't like using bands either. But, wouldn't you have somewhat the same issue with the AP60? You could opt for some 3M dual lock (I use this on my M2s and IDSD BL). Or, if you don't want to stick something to the devices, you could just use the M0 with the little sport case, then you could use the rubber band method but looping it through the plastic clip of the sport case

Thanks indeed for your suggestions, I'll see what I can come up with. Meanwhile, I've impatiently pulled the trigger on the AP60 (Mk II), couldn't wait for the Shanling M0, and also thought the 1.54" screen might be too tiny for yours truly! Anyway its a small increase in price from the 1st gen ($119 compared to $89); hopefully I won't regret the purchase. All I'm looking for is to play my phone's audio streaming apps through the DAP+Mojo stack. Hope I made the right purchase for my intended use scenario.

Apr 10, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #89 of 205
If someone wants any info about AP60II feel free to ask, I'm testing one for over a week.
How is the gapless playback? Excited to hear your observations overall.

Apr 10, 2018 at 11:34 PM Post #90 of 205
How is the gapless playback? Excited to hear your observations overall.

Works flawlessly... (even though I know you asked Chamelleon... I thought I'd just chime in.)
This is a great little DAP. No issues whatsoever for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back