Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
Oct 30, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #931 of 992
Their older versions had more of a V shaped sig(not sure if pro existed back then, but NT6 had more of the V characteristics with peaky treble parts), but I think with the later revisions the treble got leveled off, and the difference between the pro and the non-pro is the bass elevation level.

I'd have to hear the Viento, but it seems the brightness got reduced more with it. From what understand, I shouldn't expect dark, and hope it's at the right level as always had hoped for my ideal response.

Proedros, my memory of NT6 is same as your, I would describe as transparent.
@SilverEars - I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts when you get the tour kit. We may have slightly different tastes as I prefer the pro, but I prefer the Viento to the non-pro. It brought me back to the clarity/transparency of my old pro and maybe further. My new pro has more bass decay giving it a very natural feel, but lowers the transparency on the lows in exchange for much more fun and maybe less scaling ability. The non-pro felt like it was more rolled off in the bass rather than the pro which felt much more extended down low which is why I liked the pro better. Both pro and non are very extended up top, so the non seemed bright shifted rather than bright (treble enhanced). Rather than hearing v shaped, I feel the pro is very balanced with strong clear, but meaty mids - but the mids do not jump out like with the Zeus nor is it as wide as the Zeus/A18 which take the cake.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #933 of 992
@SilverEars - I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts when you get the tour kit. We may have slightly different tastes as I prefer the pro, but I prefer the Viento to the non-pro. It brought me back to the clarity/transparency of my old pro and maybe further. My new pro has more bass decay giving it a very natural feel, but lowers the transparency on the lows in exchange for much more fun and maybe less scaling ability. The non-pro felt like it was more rolled off in the bass rather than the pro which felt much more extended down low which is why I liked the pro better. Both pro and non are very extended up top, so the non seemed bright shifted rather than bright (treble enhanced). Rather than hearing v shaped, I feel the pro is very balanced with strong clear, but meaty mids - but the mids do not jump out like with the Zeus nor is it as wide as the Zeus/A18 which take the cake.
The more I hear about the various differences in preference, the best explaination for it is the differences in our ear geometry, and sensory system to some degree.

I have not heard the pro, so I do not have the relative idea of the differences. The bass on the pro looks similar to the Andromeda, elevates close to linearity toward the subs, and I believe that type of response is preferable over a significant cut somewhere(or not a smooth transition) that creates uneven response or if there is a hump nearby the mids, reduces clarity, could sound muddy.

I can't wait to hear them!:smile_phones:

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #934 of 992
I know these CIEMs are known for sounding like the ERX series. Will they be significantly better than something like the ER4S? I'm currently using the HF5.

It totally depends on how sensitive you are to the differences, and personal preference. I prefer these to all of the TOTL universals I've tried, and I've tried most of the mainstream ones commonly considered the "best".

Nov 22, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #935 of 992
I have tried many TOTL as well and recently I acquired the KSE1500 and the inear PP8 recently. But NT6 is still in part of the rotation. The rest in my possession are collecting dust for now. NT6 does a lot of things very well and any short comings are easily fixable by a simple EQ.

Nov 22, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #936 of 992
i enjoy NT6 very much still , even though i have added Zeus XR next to it

love how great it sounds with any dap/source , and the Whiplsh Hybrid V3 cable has amazing synergy with NT6 , i recommend it 200%

Dec 13, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #939 of 992
NT6 sounds great with whichever source i have tried

ZX2 , DX80 , WM1A , IDSD BL MICRO

this ciem is a chameleon

Dec 13, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #940 of 992
From what I recall, it does change it's sound depending on DAP's characteristics. It did sound better with better sources, that's why I liked it so much. It's too bad I don't have it to compare with my current iems. My memory of it is as the ciem I realized how great they can sound, and before that was 1964V3 which was not even comparable with bloated phat bass. That just messed up the whole response. UE can do 3 drivers much better at least with the UERM(at least from that point in time) than that 1964V3.

Times have probably changed with 1964's newer lineup of products.

I personally do not like DX200 or the 1A at the pricepoint. Opus #2 is at another level.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #941 of 992
Anybody has needed refit their NT6's ?

I'm having some fit issues with the left shell because I constantly have to re-push the left side to get a good vacuum seal and when I do this I get more detail and bass response on the left, I usually have to do the re-push every 5 minutes.

I'm in touch with Hidition via email but communications seems a bit hard/slow.

The NT6 are two months old.

Dec 27, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #942 of 992
Anybody has needed refit their NT6's ?

I'm having some fit issues with the left shell because I constantly have to re-push the left side to get a good vacuum seal and when I do this I get more detail and bass response on the left, I usually have to do the re-push every 5 minutes.

I'm in touch with Hidition via email but communications seems a bit hard/slow.

The NT6 are two months old.

Probably just needs a bit of thickening on the left hand side to help keep the seal. As for slow communications it is the holiday season, you may have better luck after next week!

Feb 26, 2018 at 2:16 AM Post #944 of 992
i have been emailing hidition over the past two weeks but they haven not been replying :frowning2: could they still be closed from korean new year?

No, they are just absolutely terrible at replying to emails, especially if they are in English. I get the impression someone who works there has a friend or family member who they ask to come help translate once every few months or something...

Best way to get a reply when they are ignoring you seems to be to post on their message boards here: http://hidition.co.kr/freeboard

Feb 26, 2018 at 2:32 AM Post #945 of 992
No, they are just absolutely terrible at replying to emails, especially if they are in English. I get the impression someone who works there has a friend or family member who they ask to come help translate once every few months or something...

Best way to get a reply when they are ignoring you seems to be to post on their message boards here: http://hidition.co.kr/freeboard

shame on me :) i should know better after having so many snail-paced email conversations with them! yes, i will try posting on their board instead, thank you.

just a bit about the problem i am having with my nt6-pro - during the lunar new year, a small area of acrylic flaked off my iem shell! yes, flaked off! and during the lunar new year! what a way to begin the new year... i'm afraid the affected area might grow so i am emailing hidition to see if they can fix it without a whole reshell :frowning2:

image_6483441.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back